�?get Out, Romney, Get Out!”

Researchers at Fairleigh Dickinson University updated a
they had conducted in late 2011. That study only sampled respondents from New Jersey, where the university is located. This time, the researchers conducted a nationwide poll.

The poll asked questions about international news (Iran, Egypt, Syria and Greece were included) and domestic affairs (Republican primaries, Congress, unemployment and the Keystone XL pipeline.)

The pollsters found that people were usually able to answer 1.8 out of 4 questions on foreign news, and 1.6 of 5 questions on domestic news, and that people who don't watch any news were able to get 1.22 of the questions on domestic policy right.

As the study explained, though, people who watched only Fox News fared worse:

The largest effect is that of Fox News: all else being equal, someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 domestic questions correctly -- a figure which is significantly worse than if they had reported watching no media at all. On the other hand, if they listened only to NPR, they would be expected to answer 1.51 questions correctly; viewers of Sunday morning talk shows fare similarly well. And people watching only "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" could answer about 1.42 questions correctly.

According to the study, Fox News is more likely to make conservatives dumber, proving that they reinforce factless assertions:

The study showed that the effects of ideologically-pitched media, like Fox News, MSNBC and talk radio, depend on who is listening or watching. On the whole, MSNBC, for instance, had no impact on political knowledge one way or the other. However, liberals who watched MSNBC did better on the knowledge questions, answering correctly 1.89 of the domestic questions and 1.64 of the international questions correctly.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit expecting government to give anything or do anything for you, and do it yourself! Why does it matter who is elected if you get off the couch and help yourself! Some of the folks here are truly pathetic!

The definition of sheep includes people who don't understand it matters who you vote for.

You cant tell elections are bought and paid for. Are you unable to see the track of the Fed is to create more whinners so they vote for a or b. They use this to erode your rights then show up a hero. Our problems in this country are the FED and the people who want handouts. And when I say FED I mean dem and rep! A change of the gaurd may be in order, and an entire country that doesnt vote or go to work one day would fix it. The freebie people would not comply so we continue into history thinking we know more, but we dont, and our children will learn this first hand!

The definition of sheep includes people who don't understand it matters who you vote for.

You cant tell elections are bought and paid for. Are you unable to see the track of the Fed is to create more whinners so they vote for a or b. They use this to erode your rights then show up a hero. Our problems in this country are the FED and the people who want handouts. And when I say FED I mean dem and rep! A change of the gaurd may be in order, and an entire country that doesnt vote or go to work one day would fix it. The freebie people would not comply so we continue into history thinking we know more, but we dont, and our children will learn this first hand!

Mud in the water. You get two choices. Pick one or be a sheep. The 90's were just fine. I'm looking forward to some more of that. The debt being paid down. People getting better wages, better health care. Put it back and we will have something to work with. OOPS, I didn't realize in the 90's the rich WERE NOT getting richer like they are now and they HATED the 90's and Clinton. Learn from the past.

To all Clinton era fools, the tech industry provided the economic momentum of the 90s. So thank the other Bill, intel, cisco etc... Business drives the economy.

Mud in the water. You get two choices. Pick one or be a sheep. The 90's were just fine. I'm looking forward to some more of that. The debt being paid down. People getting better wages, better health care. Put it back and we will have something to work with. OOPS, I didn't realize in the 90's the rich WERE NOT getting richer like they are now and they HATED the 90's and Clinton. Learn from the past.

To all Clinton era fools, the tech industry provided the economic momentum of the 90s. So thank the other Bill, intel, cisco etc... Business drives the economy.

Reviewing your previous post you seem to resort to name calling, nearly every single time

Is it because we don't all acquiesce to your every whim?

Or does that "N" in your handle really stand for Newt?

Congress is not willing to pass any infrastructure bills presented by the "opposing"administration ( I thought it was about what's good for the country)

That is also killing the economy as well

You don't suppose their are republican business men out there refusing to hire and grow their companies just to make the economy worse off - do you?

Trust me there are plenty of good people (americans) who are democrats too

Edited by Beans

No and YES!

I've seen pineapple slices on cheese burgers

Boy, that was different

Different doesn't always equate to the best

Obama 2012

When your dealing with a liar something dif is always best. once a dishonest pos always a...obammer lied. for any medical marijuana person to support him is akin to a jew backing adolf....

When your dealing with a liar something dif is always best. once a dishonest pos always a...obammer lied. for any medical marijuana person to support him is akin to a jew backing adolf....

Born down in a dead man town

The first kick I took was when I hit the ground

You end up like a dog that's been beat too much

Till you spend half your life just covering up

bruce

I get it that some want to place a symbolic vote. That's America. Hopefully, enough of us will place real votes so we don't get Romney as our next president. All the symbolism in the world will not get the right thing done, that's why we have to work so hard. We have to make up for all that American Coolness and symbolism.

Next year, after we worked our tails off, and Romney isn't president, you will not thank us. That's ok. At least we will not be surprised. But we will still have our medical, that's what matters to me. And you will still have your symbolic vote to be proud of(if you even vote). That's America.

Please

Please

refrain from calling the current president of OUR United States of America a Nazi

Many here view it as ignorance and disrespect

Hate him or not he is the representation of this great country to other nations

your disrespect helps no one

Over half the population voted for this man and respect the title the office deserves

Edited by Beans