Simpson Oil From Kief

I add keif to my extraction tubes sometimes when I make BHO...I add it in a couple additions so it's not in one level in the tube.....Usually I get 50% return on it but you cant just extract pure keif as tthere would be too much back pressure in the tube.....( I know this isnt what you asked but someone else may use the info) HJ

No, it will take a up to a couple of hour to decarboxylize completley.

At first it will bubble because of solvent evaporaing, then it will bubble until decarboxylization is complete.

One way I check is to pick up the hot jar and let the goo roll around, this will cause some bubbling if it is not completley done.

If you forget and leave it on the heat for several more hours than needed it will make the resulting oil taste bitter, but does not seem to lower effectiveness.

Chlorophyll is not much of a concern(only my opinion) if the solvent washes are kept quick, for me 3 washes each about 3 minutes. Starting with kif would eliminate whatever small amount that would have been there.

Be cafeful and good luck,

R

Is that every bit as effective as Simpson oil for treating cancer, Cannalytics?

As far as I can tell, the only things unique about the RSO process are that you're making a concentrate (hash is already concentrated) and you're decarboxylating while evaporating the solvent (can be accomplished by heating for 15 minutes at 300degF). If you're consuming the same dose of activated THC, I don't see what would be different between the two methods. I wonder if anyone has asked Mr. Simpson about this before?

As far as I can tell, the only things unique about the RSO process are that you're making a concentrate (hash is already concentrated) and you're decarboxylating while evaporating the solvent (can be accomplished by heating for 15 minutes at 300degF). If you're consuming the same dose of activated THC, I don't see what would be different between the two methods. I wonder if anyone has asked Mr. Simpson about this before?

That sounds like it should be true. I hope it is because it is easy to make kief with dry ice.

That sounds like it should be true. I hope it is because it is easy to make kief with dry ice.

Give it a shot and let us know the results! One caveat about the 300degF for 15 minutes is that you want to make sure the surface that you are decarboxylating on is pre-heated (placing a non-preheated pan into a pre-heated oven doesn't give the hash 15 minutes of exposure at the proper temperature).

There's much more than THC in Simpson Oil as Rick used the entire plant. The oil made with only hash is not the same thing. I would not count on it for treating cancer.

Simpson says to never go over 100C when making the oil. You will degrade the potency.

There's much more than THC in Simpson Oil as Rick used the entire plant. The oil made with only hash is not the same thing. I would not count on it for treating cancer.

Simpson says to never go over 100C when making the oil. You will degrade the potency.

Rick Simpson doesn't have lab equipment then or he'd know that's just not true.

http://micannalytics...rboxylation.php

Time and temperature are inversely proportional for optimal activation. If use a temperature below 300degF, you will need a longer decarboxylation time. Here's the data showing that if you want to decarboxylate in 15 minutes, 300degF is the optimal temperature.

Edited by Cannalytics