U.s. War On Drugs Moves To Pharmacy From Jungle

Fat Freddy

"More frequent "pill count" checks, where patients must go to the doctor's office with their pill bottle to prove they have not sold or misused their medication."

This should be the standard practice across the board if someones selling their pills they get cut off if they are abusing them then immediate treatment starts to get them off of them or moderate their intake in some way .

This so called war on drugs is looking more like a war on the sick and dying.

What gets me is that our government officials have yet to figure out that how to address the issues behind drug abuse.

Namely: affordable education, Joblessness, poverty. etc.

When I realized that I could no longer work for a living I had to take S.S. for 2 years I struggled with the mind numbing life of limited activity.

Then I started researching cannabis, at last I found something I could understand and it helps me cope with the pain I deal with daily.

I am still learning about cultivating etc. This is helping me to overcome the depression associated with limited ability to get things physically done.

Today I am off of Vicodin with the exception of extreme bouts of pain. ( I am talking pain at a level that brings tears to my eyes and pleas for mercy from God. )

Awhile back I read on this site a report about changing the drug policy. It suggested a new approach to drug abuse. Namely a network of health care provision centers

Where a person could use the drug of their choice under supervision. Counseling, education, and employment opportunities would be made available to those who wanted a better life. I guess this makes to much sense to pursue.

Edited by Fat Freddy

What gets me is that our government officials have yet to figure out that how to address the issues behind drug abuse.

When I realized that I could no longer work for a living I had to take S.S. for 2 years I struggled with the mind numbing life of limited activity.

Then I started researching cannabis, at last I found something I could understand and it helps me cope with the pain I deal with daily.

I am still learning about cultivating etc. This is helping me to overcome the depression associated with limited ability to get things physically done.

Today I am off of Vicodin with the exception of extreme bouts of pain. ( I am talking pain at a level that brings tears to my eyes and pleas for mercy from God. )

Awhile back I read on this site a report about changing the drug policy. It suggested a new approach to drug abuse. Namely a network of health care provision centers

Where a person could use the drug of their choice under supervision. Counseling, education, and employment opportunities would be made available to those who wanted a better life. I guess this makes to much sense to pursue.

Yeah. They could easily divert the drug war money into treatment and education.

By 2014, hydrocodone products will be limited to containing a maximum of 325 mg of acetaminophen. Hows that for addressing the problem?

The acetaminophen is actually worse for your body than the hydrocodone.

In an overdose case even if the hydrocodone isn't enough to cause respiratory or cardiac arrest, the acetaminophen will do great damage to the kidneys.

FF, my heart goes out to you, and to all here who suffer. I'm getting enough of a taste of it to know what hell it can be, especially the depression. I'm really glad you can find some relief with mmj.