Help Needed

Zorph

Here is the basic situation. I am a patient and had 12 plants that I grew until harvest.

I hired a caregiver under the following terms:

• I had already helped him in the past with equipment and assistance growing
  • He was to keep the medicine in a non-usable state until I needed it.
  • If he had another patient that required medicine the donations would go to me to cover the expenses that I put out.
  • He is not returning my calls and it has been over 2 weeks. I can not afford to just let this go.

Could you please PM with suggestions on how to handle this. I would assume I could go to small claims court, but obviously that would be the last resort.

First off shame on them for getting greedy if indeed thats whats happening but i do not think id want to expose my legal status over one crop its just not financially smart or a good idea legally .

Is this caregiver from this forum ?

If so please don't let him do this to someone else id cut my losses and walk away .

I am not able to afford to just let this go. The amount is to much for me to afford. He is not on this forum.

No amount of money is worth exposing yourself to law enforcement if you attempt to file a case in court word will spread and if you drive you may be targeted by local law enforcement trying to catch you with THC in your bloodstream id think long and hard about what your thinking of doing karmas a real thing they will get theirs in the end cut your losses and live and learn .

I understand your point. I already had the police inspect my location so I am not worried about them finding out new information. Normally I would give the same advise that you gave.

I am concerned about someone stealing from me. This is a large amount of money for me, I am not wealthy and can't afford this.

I grew the plants and at harvest I had to move. The landlord new that I was growing, but notice the smell. It was getting hot out. So I signed him up as a caregiver and he took the plants at harvest. He gave me some of the meds, but hasn't called me for over 2 weeks.

So you helped him get the equipment to grow your stuff and you want the donations he makes from other patients to go to you because you want your money back on the grow equipment you bought for him to grow for you???

Sound like your being a bit greedy too my friend. But this is a very limited description of your arrangement. remember its his time and expertise too. not just your equipment growing the stuff. maybe hes feeling a bit cheated here.

So you helped him get the equipment to grow your stuff and you want the donations he makes from other patients to go to you because you want your money back on the grow equipment you bought for him to grow for you???

Sound like your being a bit greedy too my friend. But this is a very limited description of your arrangement. remember its his time and expertise too. not just your equipment growing the stuff. maybe hes feeling a bit cheated here.

He tracked me down a year or so ago to help him with growing. I helped buy some equipment for him in return he would pay me back after he had money. I also gave him my expertise on growing. He never did this.

But I thought of him as a friend and knew him 20 years ago pretty well. So after hanging with him for a year I had a bad situation with a landlord. So I had to move quickly. It was harvest time.

He claimed his patients would want the medication, plus he was willing to hold the plants in a non usable state for me. This would allow me to use the medication as needed. He could make $50 per ounce for processing to cover his cost and time.

I talked to his fiance several times so he knows the situation. Plus after I told them I am talking to a lawyer and checking my legal recourse they unfriended me on facebook. I just asked to please work this out and do not want them in trouble in any way. I just can't afford for them to steal from me.

Thanks for the advise everyone has given, including the PM's. I am dealing with a lawyer now.

Edited by Zorph

Just an fyi... any agreement (hopefully by notarized contract) needs to be fully compliant with State law. Otherwise it isn't enforceable in a court of law. The problem you will have is monetizing a product that cannot be sold. The only thing that one can potentially lay claim to is the costs associated with growing... as the mmj laws allow. In actuality, the claim you have to product cannot be directly assigned a value... that would be illegal. He never bore any of the actual costs... he is just holding your end product. It can even be argued that what ur arrangement outlines is an attempt to subvert the law... and that would come to a defining of usable meds... which has no precedent as of yet... some might argue his actions to be illegal esp when actually considering the weight.

I'm not a lawyer, but have some insight in dealing with civil litigation in these matters. Only thing a lawyer can do here is take more of your money. This is on you my friend. Sorry to be the one pointing this out. Peace

This is a bad situation how can you prove you gave him anything?

No doubt the guy sold or smoked your medicine only chance you have is if he gets scared and agrees to pay but hes probably thinking what i said above prove it .

I have pictures of the harvest. We were pulled over an inspected by the police when transferring this to him. Also we told the police the arrangement. I have receipts for the equipment.

Mr D he had some issues with spider mites and I was being compassionate. It was not smart on my hand.