Psycoactive Element In Rso

Im wondering about how to keep the psycoactive element down while making rso.

my first run of rso was made using 100 proof vodka and the rick simpson methold.

the psycoactive element in the oil dosent bother me much but i find myself a bit addicted to just the act of taking my rso which i have blended with glycerine. Thats where I got the phrase A DAB WILL DO.

the point here is when i create my next batch of RSO im using regular iso but wondered about how to keep the psycoactive element down

i was under the impression it is elevated during excessive heat.

what is excessive heat?

how do you keep the heat down but still get the job done?

what is the target heat range for a lower psycoactive oil ?

as said above the psyco element dosent bother me much but for others who need pain relif the most complained about thing is feeling too high while on mmj

ok my mmj experts help me make a killer batch with a little lower psyco element

Heat is required to 'activate' or decarboxylate the cannabinoid acids to neutral form so they can be absorbed by the body.

If you want less psychoactive RSO, one way to achieve that is to use a CBD rich strain. CBD is not psychoactive and acts as a governor of the psychoactive effects of THC. It's also a potent anti-tumor and painkilling compound.

Cannabinoids begin to decarboxylate around 225 F. If you keep your oil below that point, the majority of the cannabinoids will remain in acid form and be much less psychoactive. However, there is significant debate as to whether or not acidic cannabinoids have any significant medical benefit.

There are also dietary supplements that you can take to counteract some of the psychoactive effects. Acetylcholine, which is a common OTC and scrip compound used to treat Alzheimer's, has been known to dull the psychoactive effects of THC. \

Also I would recommend getting 190 proof+ ethanol if you're going to use ethanol to extract cannabinoids. You'll get more of what you want and less of what you don't over the 100 proof.

If rso is made from trimmed up buds only it tends to be too strong/trippy for some.

Also using early harvested buds seems to do the same thing.

Leaving the buds untrimmed helps to moderate the too high anxiety issue for my patients.

Taking this a little further, one could add or use leaf only for a more relaxing oil product.

I had one patient who wanted no psychoactive effects at all, and was very happy with oil made from bubble hash leftovers. The thinking there was remove most of the thc, then extract a higher cbd rso. Seems to have worked.

Tincture made with non-decarboxylized hash would be another way to medicate without much psychoactive effect.

ive heard of people only growing their plants to full aggressive veg and then picking it, not allowing it to budd, they put it in a juicer and only have the cbd's in it, now what you do with whats been juiced I guess can either be drank mixed with something, but no thc in it so no buzzy feelling, soon we will have available to us a very low if not 0 thc plants, I would just find it alot easier and quicker to get the strain that works for you and only veg it, no thc, only cbd's and other attributes that help many many medical issues, and you dont get the buzzy feeling,

Peace

Jim

p.s I would suppose you could make an rso with the veg plants also, and no thc! it there is a will there is a way!

ive heard of people only growing their plants to full aggressive veg and then picking it, not allowing it to budd, they put it in a juicer and only have the cbd's in it, now what you do with whats been juiced I guess can either be drank mixed with something, but no thc in it so no buzzy feelling, soon we will have available to us a very low if not 0 thc plants, I would just find it alot easier and quicker to get the strain that works for you and only veg it, no thc, only cbd's and other attributes that help many many medical issues, and you dont get the buzzy feeling,

Peace

Jim

p.s I would suppose you could make an rso with the veg plants also, and no thc! it there is a will there is a way!

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/juicing-raw-cannabis-eating-raw-cannabis/

the psyco element dosent bother me much but for others who need pain relief the most complained about thing is feeling too high while on mmj

exactly, too high and don't want or need to be high, just relieved.

this has led to a chase after high cbd strains. i finally have blue cough growing. wonder if it will help with this rso problem?

Edited by pic book

Peace

Jim

The problem with making cannabis oil from a plant in veg is that it doesn't have much oil in it yet. You get a very low yield. You are better off growing it full term. Maxing out on your oil production. Then adjusting the oil you made to the application by using your heat information for boiling points. In other words; Make a bunch of really good oil and cook off the THC easily in the oven, if you need to. The trick is to have the oil with all the cannabinoids in it and then pick and choose what you want to do with it, taylor it.

A myth? Please explain.

Some strains have less THC, so it gives them a ratio of higher CBD to THC. It isn't that they are CBD rich, they are THC poor. Have you tested a bud that has a ton of CBD in it compared to all the other strains? If you have then I'm wrong.

Either way, you can still taylor any oil to have the ratio you want if the strain has a decent amount of both. It's so much easier to taylor oil with heat, rather than strain and growing adjustment. As all of us growers know, mother nature is unpredictable.

Edited by Restorium2

Some strains have less THC, so it gives them a ratio of higher CBD to THC. It isn't that they are CBD rich, they are THC poor. Have you tested a bud that has a ton of CBD in it compared to all the other strains? If you have then I'm wrong.

Either way, you can still taylor any oil to have the ratio you want if the strain has a decent amount of both. It's so much easier to taylor oil with heat, rather than strain and growing adjustment. As all of us growers know, mother nature is unpredictable.

Yes, I have tested a few samples with with CBD percentages in the teens and less than 1% THC content. Cannatonic (only certain phenos) and ToraBora are both known CBD rich strains floating around this area. Tora bora tested out by Cannalytics came out at a 1:2 THC to CBD ratio.

Because THC and CBD are so close in boiling point (THC @ ~ 315F and CBD starts @ 320F-356F), if you don't tightly control your oven temp, you risk blowing the CBD off right along with the THC and ruining the medical qualities of the oil.

It does make a bit of sense and it's quite easy to use CBD rich material to begin with if you can get it, because you don't have to do any homebrew heat fractionation and run the risk of wrecking your medicine. I've read the ideal ratio of THC to CBD is 1:1 and will not produce much, if any, psychoactive effects at all, so starting with a strain with that ratio would be ideal, but not necessary. Mixing in THC rich oil would also be an option to achieve the desired ratio.

Achieving that 'golden ratio' would likely require some sort of objective analysis via some form of chromatography, as CBD's effects are a lot harder to 'feel' for the user than THC.

Yes, I have tested a few samples with with CBD percentages in the teens and less than 1% THC content. Cannatonic (only certain phenos) and ToraBora are both known CBD rich strains floating around this area. Tora bora tested out by Cannalytics came out at a 1:2 THC to CBD ratio.

Because THC and CBD are so close in boiling point (THC @ ~ 315F and CBD starts @ 320F-356F), if you don't tightly control your oven temp, you risk blowing the CBD off right along with the THC and ruining the medical qualities of the oil.

It does make a bit of sense and it's quite easy to use CBD rich material to begin with if you can get it, because you don't have to do any homebrew heat fractionation and run the risk of wrecking your medicine. I've read the ideal ratio of THC to CBD is 1:1 and will not produce much, if any, psychoactive effects at all, so starting with a strain with that ratio would be ideal, but not necessary. Mixing in THC rich oil would also be an option to achieve the desired ratio.

Achieving that 'golden ratio' would likely require some sort of objective analysis via some form of chromatography, as CBD's effects are a lot harder to 'feel' for the user than THC.

^^^^ :bow: ^^^^^ :bong2::bong7bp: good Job makes the most sense! I like what you have to say! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Peace

Jim

exactly, too high and don't want or need to be high, just relieved.

this has led to a chase after high cbd strains. i finally have blue cough growing. wonder if it will help with this rso problem?

would like to find out I personally dont have much of an issue with the high but others do

CBD and CBN's are great but i like the effects of THC for the mind.

I hope the day never comes when they say only NON THC plants will be legal.

If rso is made from trimmed up buds only it tends to be too strong/trippy for some.

Also using early harvested buds seems to do the same thing.

Leaving the buds untrimmed helps to moderate the too high anxiety issue for my patients.

Taking this a little further, one could add or use leaf only for a more relaxing oil product.

I had one patient who wanted no psychoactive effects at all, and was very happy with oil made from bubble hash leftovers. The thinking there was remove most of the thc, then extract a higher cbd rso. Seems to have worked.

Tincture made with non-decarboxylized hash would be another way to medicate without much psychoactive effect.

great help good idea thank u

You are welcome.

Tonight I am picking my first blue cough plant.

Most will be converted to rso for distribution to my patients as sample medibles.

Looking forward to relief without buzz as an option.

Being a woodworker by trade it will be nice to work pain free and relatively sober.

I just finished my first Tora Bora cut and am very excited to get it tested. The mother tested @ around 4.5% Thc and 12% CBD. I've tried a sample of her and it was impressive. I can't wait to mix her with a high thc strain and make RSO. As far as physcoactivitey in RSO I would think its a matter of dosage. Its very easy to get way too much of the RSO I've been making. I don't think I would intentionally try and limit the thc content. If you listen to Mr. Simpson's explanation of how the oil works it seems as though you would want the highest thc content possible.

i do believe that thc has a value in the oil and i have learned that cbd dose counter effect thc. for my own use thc is not much of a problem but another patient im working with is on morphine and he is a little concerned about a super long high he gets from the oil.

probably because of his amount needed to ingest for pain.

as for myself im happy with sativa for the mind in smoke form but would like to try tora or blue cough in trim or leaf form for making a higher cbd oil with a bit less psycoactive thc element.

once again thank you

everybody

One path to more CBD in your cannabis oil:

After reading a study about vaporizers done by NORML, I learned that vapes leave most of the CBD in the remaining material after vaping. Most call this remaining material 'duff'.

If you extract your duff, the cannabis oil you end up with has a high ratio of CBD to THC. Simple as that. And you are using something that is a left over to get it. Duff makes some really nice oil.