Lansing Police Discover Grow- No Charges Filed-Yet!

Lansing police responded to a break in and robbery in broad daylight. Door was kicked in plants hanging, large amounts of medical marijuana in bags, loaded rifle present on premises, 20 some plants in grow 4 weeks in bloom. LPD was very cool about situation they walked in turned on room lights and did a head count. Pretty much ignored everything else. Officers stated "see so much of this now….. as long as you are legit, legal notice posted on grow room door with patient info, plant count accurate and properly secured we don't get involved."

Growers items of concern: hanging plants not secured, large amounts of curing medical marijuana in bags not secured, loaded rifle on premises, grow room door not secured and stolen product in police possession can it be returned?

Robbers took couple hanging plants, all old shake, leaves and stems is fridge (idiots), couple handfuls meds in bags curing and a few jars of curing meds. All in all $3-5k worth of patients meds taken.

Any comments or advice will be appreciated

i think hes asking if the robbery evidence (bags of marijuana the cops got back from the thieves) can be returned to him.

good question, i think so, assuming you get a lawyer to make a proper request.

might have to show evidence that it was yours i guess. if possible. (you do label your cure bags? :P)

might need to explain that it will be ruined unless its properly cured/taken care of immediately.

good luck. i've seen it happen in other states. as long as bill schutte doesnt get involved lol.

my dumb opinion is that only the plants have to be in a locked secure facility. the law doesnt mention securing medicine or hanging medicine. only ... plants. since the medicine hanging is no longer a 'plant' (no roots, dead, etc)

well, you should be ok. i am no lawyer, and i dont remember that (hanging medicine) ever going to trial.

Edited by teethpain

Thanks for sharing your story. The LEO I know are leaving cardholders that aren't doing stupid things alone too. I know PB believes every cop in the state knows about us and is poised to kick the door in they really are not. How many actual growers do you all know personally? How many have been raided? I know a bunch and zero have been raided.

Lansing police responded to a break in and robbery in broad daylight. Door was kicked in plants hanging, large amounts of medical marijuana in bags, loaded rifle present on premises, 20 some plants in grow 4 weeks in bloom. LPD was very cool about situation they walked in turned on room lights and did a head count. Pretty much ignored everything else. Officers stated "see so much of this now….. as long as you are legit, legal notice posted on grow room door with patient info, plant count accurate and properly secured we don't get involved."

Growers items of concern: hanging plants not secured, large amounts of curing medical marijuana in bags not secured, loaded rifle on premises, grow room door not secured and stolen product in police possession can it be returned?

Robbers took couple hanging plants, all old shake, leaves and stems is fridge (idiots), couple handfuls meds in bags curing and a few jars of curing meds. All in all $3-5k worth of patients meds taken.

Any comments or advice will be appreciated

gallery_14200_580_2806159.jpg

gallery_14200_580_3372979.jpg

They returned all my stuff after my home was robbed, not without paying out my arse, and a Judge signing off on it (which I was told WAS NOT supposed to happen) As far as getting the stuff the robber had taken?????? if you can get it back from the guy that did the breakin, then shoot I see no reason not to put up a fight for it in court.. That is if you can afford a lawer.

Trix

:bong2:

Thank you, yeah court is not for the weak hearted.. 2 years later (WOW its been 2 years) and I'm just now getting back on my feet.

Yes, they returned all my property not without a long drawn out fight 2 lawyers and a buttload of cash I didn't have, BUT if you stick to your guns and don't fold to the 100's of offers for a felony plea bargins you may come out on top.. :judge: wants :money:

To the OP, a good lawyer and alot of patience and you should and can come out on top, I was told by the police after my case was thrown out that "We don't give shedule 1 drugs back " MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE JUDGE SIGN OFF ON IT, or you will get nothing.

gallery_14200_584_29793.jpg

At least leo has a fair grasp of the situation. and did the right thing. So I should have paper work on my grow area now???

Omg I just want to grow 5 to 7 plants so I can have enough meds to get me through the winter and spring bad weather months.

Someone please stop this madness. It is contributing to my stress level and we all know how stress can affect ones health.

this post related to medi's post

Edited by Fat Freddy

besides the sign - "Restricted Area" I also post my paperwork or photocopy of cards - what if they come and I am not home? They have all the information to view and call it in - prior to entering the grow room.

As far as locking up meds, it is not a bad idea - but I don't see it worded in the law that medicine has to be locked up, just the plants.

The firearm - thats federal jurisdiction, and the prosecutor did not call it in to them.

Whew, now clean up those buds..

Thanks for sharing your story. The LEO I know are leaving cardholders that aren't doing stupid things alone too. I know PB believes every cop in the state knows about us and is poised to kick the door in they really are not. How many actual growers do you all know personally? How many have been raided? I know a bunch and zero have been raided.

agreed, i know of many many legal growers some with even 50 or more, they have a full card of pts and can legaly grow more according to state law, but they all like to remain under fed law just in case, and nope no one I know has been popped or robbed!

Because the dont have Loose Lips!

Peace

Jim

At least leo has a fair grasp of the situation. and did the right thing. So I should have paper work on my grow area now???

Omg I just want to grow 5 to 7 plants so I can have enough meds to get me through the winter and spring bad weather months.

Someone please stop this madness. It is contributing to my stress level and we all know how stress can affect ones health.

this post related to medi's post

dont be stressed, dont show others your grow room, dont give any samples to anyone not registered to you and you will not have any problems, it is not hard to stay within the law!

Peace

Jim

Trix, thank you again brother for sharing your story. I cannot even imagine the stress it put you and your family thru. Thankfully you had all the bases covered.

It is getting better people. LEO is seeing we are not a threat to society and they have backed off. Even drug units like BAYANET are leaving Pt's and CG's alone these days providing they are not just carded dealers. Hang in there ya'll.