Deposit For Cans And Bottles In Mi, Why Not Bullets Or Re-Load Supplies

shredder0911

I thought it was crazy when I moved to Mi, when I learned I was being charged $.10/can for beverages. But after recent mass shootings and lack of effective gun control policy, why not charge a HIGH deposit on all bullets and/or re-loading supplies (say $50/rount). Return you brass/casings and get your deposit back. That way anyone shooting on the move will either have to return to collect their brass, or pay the $50/bullet deposit? Seems too easy, so I am sure someone should be able to point out the problem with this proposal. ;~}

Lack of effective gun control policy?

Do you think if assault rifles were banned this psycho would not commit this atrocity?

Don't punish law abiding citizens for the actions of 1 psychopath.

Anyhow the 10 cent deposit is a joke. It's a hidden tax and Americans don't need to be raped any further.

i humbly disagree...

the deposit law in Michigan is an awesome tool to keep the bottles and cans out of our rivers, lakes, streams and forests.

it is not a tax as it is fully refunded when you return the bottle or can. it only becomes a tax if you don't return the item you paid the deposit on.

i lived in California for a time and i can say..they didn't have the deposit law.. and there was cans and bottles in every ditch along every road...

it is a good program. i like our environment and any program that facilitates a person to protect it is ok by me.. even if it means you have to use your money. it reflects no bearing on the bottom line other than a bit of time and energy.

I have been a long time gun owner, but honestly stopped buying ammo when I figured out I could throw (shirukan style) $.50 coins at you cheaper than I could shoot at you with my .45. It just seems (to me) that if one is considering a rampage against the unarmed, a $2,500 deposit may keep some of the lower earning psychos at bay, whereas a few hundred spent in home security would be worth the investment, especially when you turn in your brass along with the dried corpse of any potential home invaders. Figured it was worth discussion anyhow, talk is cheap right? ;~}

I thought it was crazy when I moved to Mi, when I learned I was being charged $.10/can for beverages. But after recent mass shootings and lack of effective gun control policy, why not charge a HIGH deposit on all bullets and/or re-loading supplies (say $50/rount). Return you brass/casings and get your deposit back. That way anyone shooting on the move will either have to return to collect their brass, or pay the $50/bullet deposit? Seems too easy, so I am sure someone should be able to point out the problem with this proposal. ;~}

Uhhhh, if someone is going to go on a shooting rampage do you really think there would be ANY concern with collecting spent shell casings to get deposit money back? And if they don't collect them how exactly is their deposit helping anyone? Maybe after a mass shooting the families could go collect the shell casings to get the $50? So, hey, lost a family member but got $50 ay?

Edited by CaveatLector

Do you all think we should regulate cars, when guns are gone and someone drives over kids at the bus stop? Do you honestly think people are incapable of killing without guns?

http://www.time.com/...1985834,00.html

Other than the stooooopid cow who rear ended me in March and went on to hit someone else before they caught her, I can't think of many other serial car assailants, and even the best of them isn't likely to take dozens of victims before being stopped. Edited by shredder0911

Prescription Drugs kill 6200% more Americans than Homicidal Shootings

In the aftermath of the Aurora, Colorado Batman movie theater shooting, President Obama chimed in on the gun control debate yesterday, saying, “Every day, the number of young people we lose to violence is about the same as the number of people we lost in that movie theater. For every Columbine or Virginia Tech, there are dozens gunned down on the streets of Chicago or Atlanta…”

http://www.endalldis...idal-shootings/

What do you propose we take away from these killers ?

Edited by knucklehead bob

Must eliminate cars too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year

Prescription Drugs kill 6200% more Americans than Homicidal Shootings

In the aftermath of the Aurora, Colorado Batman movie theater shooting, President Obama chimed in on the gun control debate yesterday, saying, “Every day, the number of young people we lose to violence is about the same as the number of people we lost in that movie theater. For every Columbine or Virginia Tech, there are dozens gunned down on the streets of Chicago or Atlanta…”

http://www.endalldis...idal-shootings/

What do you propose we take away from these killers ?