Ingesting Cannabis

So, my friends, what advice would you give to someone who was new to ingesting oil for pain control and for other health benefits as to how to begin ingesting the subsance without getting it all over his fingers, teeth, and everything else? They are trying not to eat it in brownies or the like because, well, they are brownies, and too many on a daily basis would not be healthy, so just trying to eat the oil, how should they best go about it? I would really appreciate your good suggestions. I know you can make them into pills or capsules through some more expense and processes, but any tricks to eating some oil just plain without too much mess? Thanks to all of you who are trying to help others, which is just about all of you!

Peace...

Capsules are the best bet if you don't want the extract dissolving in your mouth, although, I believe that the membranes in your mouth will absorb the oil and provide quality therapeutic relief. I believe that this is how Rick Simpson suggest you use it. Otherwise, just roll it up into a pill size and shape and just swallow straight down.

You can also use the oil in suppository form for those who can not take it by mouth.

Capsules are the best bet if you don't want the extract dissolving in your mouth, although, I believe that the membranes in your mouth will absorb the oil and provide quality therapeutic relief. I believe that this is how Rick Simpson suggest you use it. Otherwise, just roll it up into a pill size and shape and just swallow straight down.

You can also use the oil in suppository form for those who can not take it by mouth.

Thank you very much HC! So, how do you roll it into a pill size/shape without a sticky mess? Fingers? I have no experience to tell anyone what to do so all suggestions are helpful to them. I appreciate you guys helping out.

Peace...

Your pics crack me up Bisharoo! Thank you for the smiles :)

As for your question.. I've been putting my doses of oil on fruit snacks. (the gummie/squishy ones) Helps with the taste and I find it doesn't stick to my teeth or tongue ring.

Good luck and I hope you get lots of responses/suggestions! :)

Dissolve in warm coconut oil and put into gel capsules with an oral syringe.

The large size caps hold about .5 ml.

25 ml makes 50 caps, add rso to get whatever strength you need.

That is a good suggestion I wood. I just love coconut oil, and it is so very healthy for you as well. I will pass that one along I wood.

Peace...

Your pics crack me up Bisharoo! Thank you for the smiles :)

As for your question.. I've been putting my doses of oil on fruit snacks. (the gummie/squishy ones) Helps with the taste and I find it doesn't stick to my teeth or tongue ring.

Good luck and I hope you get lots of responses/suggestions! :)

Thanks so much annerky! So how do you transfer it to the fruit snacks? Do you know if they sell organic ones? Something in the fruit snacks makes them not stick to your teeth? That is good info. that I will pass along. Glad you enjoyed the attempt at humor that I try to take a stab at from time to time.

Peace...

I have been eating my meds for awhile now/Imake canna-caps/w/coconut oil/use a syringe to fill caps/any on my hands I rub into sore joints/I have made glycerin/which can be used in coffee/tea/as a sweetener, or just drop under your tongue.you can also just grind & fill capsules also/make sure you decarboloxation your raw product to activate all of the thc/cbds/etc. I know some people use the ground up medicine as flour in some recipes. Hope this helps.kk

It can be very useful around the kitchen. I just finished a pot of soup that was infused. It lasted me days. Extracted into olive oil, it makes a nice salad dressing with some vinegar, water, maybe wine, and your herbs and spices. This same oil can be brushed onto fish filets for baking or broiling. Keep in mind that the stuff is fat soluble, and does not dilute well in water. I have used it for several cream sauces, marinades, and dry rub. Using it to saute just about anything, or stir frying, is a great way to go. The possibilities are endless. Keep it handy for anything that comes to mind.

Edited by GregS

Thanks so much annerky! So how do you transfer it to the fruit snacks? Do you know if they sell organic ones? Something in the fruit snacks makes them not stick to your teeth? That is good info. that I will pass along. Glad you enjoyed the attempt at humor that I try to take a stab at from time to time.

Peace...

Typically, my oil is in a syringe so it makes it fairly easy. I have no idea off-hand if there are organic fruit snacks, tho I would think they are available. I usually get the ones that are made with 100% fruit juice + vitamins. (Looked at the box and noticed they are gluten free too for those with allegies/sensitivities. :) )

Nice seeing all the other ideas/suggestions from everyone. Thanks! :)

It can be very useful around the kitchen. I just finished a pot of soup that was infused. It lasted me days. Extracted into olive oil, it makes a nice salad dressing with some vinegar, water, maybe wine, and your herbs and spices. This same oil can be brushed onto fish filets for baking or broiling. Keep in mind that the stuff is fat soluble, and does not dilute well in water. I have used it for several cream sauces, marinades, and dry rub. Using it to saute just about anything, or stir frying, is a great way to go. The possibilities are endless. Keep it handy for anything that comes to mind.

Thanks so much for the thoughtful and useful suggestions GregS! I am sure those fish and salads are awesome with that infused. You don't lose anything?

Thanks GregS!

Peace...

Typically, my oil is in a syringe so it makes it fairly easy. I have no idea off-hand if there are organic fruit snacks, tho I would think they are available. I usually get the ones that are made with 100% fruit juice + vitamins. (Looked at the box and noticed they are gluten free too for those with allegies/sensitivities. :) )

Nice seeing all the other ideas/suggestions from everyone. Thanks! :)

Thanks for that again annerkey, and you are right, thanks for all the folks helping us out.

Peace...

For my wife, I just tear a rolling paper in half an wrap the oil up in that so she doesn't have to taste it. Super cheap "capsules"

So, you just take the paper and "grab" some oil in the paper and eat the paper and all? Sounds ok if not much paper and all natural/organic materials. Thank you JB420, that is a super cheap and easy capsule! I apprecaite your idea very much! I will pass it along as well.

Peace...

Thanks so much for the thoughtful and useful suggestions GregS! I am sure those fish and salads are awesome with that infused. You don't lose anything?

Thanks GregS!

Peace...

Whatever little you might lose is negligible if you are careful, and the effects are just grand. If used to saute or fry, the pan can be deglazed with any liquid, to include beer or wine, and beef, poultry, fish, or vegetable stock to make a sauce, helping to minimize loss. A family favorite here is a teryaki recipe that I got from a great lady, and that works with any fish, meat, or fowl.

Keeping infused cooking fats and vegetable oils in the spice cabinet and refrigerator is something anyone can do. Ground herb, mostly kief or bud, (try a coffee grinder) can be used for baking or adding to just about any recipe that calls for aromatic herbs. Try a pumpkin pie with cream cheese added. Carrot cake for dessert anyone? When used as a dry rub for poultry, along with a little sage, thyme, saltnpepper, your barbecue is taken up a whole bunch of notches. Steelhead baked in the round, made with a nice stuffing of croutons, red onion, bell peppers, maybe some corn and mushrooms, and lemon has immense possibilities. Venison roast, rubbed with oil, herbs and spices, makes for a great comfort food, along with freshly baked rolls, immense piles of mashed potatoes, candied yams, and quarts of ale. The gravy made from the pan drippings should be guarded with your life. Simply frying a couple of eggs in a little cannabutter or other infused cooking oil gets the day started right. In simple hearty dishes like stews, italian sauces, soups, and casseroles, the stuff could not be easier to use. Try some in a mushroom creme sauce, made with half n half or heavy cream, some cream of mushroom soup, some fresh mushrooms, and parmesan cheese. Start with a hot roux of flour and cannabutter, stirring in the other ingredients slowly and steadily. Add water to the desired consistency. Serve over fettuccine and serve a dago salad with a nice balsamic vinaigrette and slabs of garlic bread. Who cares what color the wine is?

I do find that the flavor of cannabis can be sometimes objectionable or inappropriate , and it is sometimes necessary to incorporate other flavors to either complement it or diminish it. Where this is a concern, start easy with the gange, and season to taste.

Maybe we ought to start a cooking show.

Edited by GregS

Well thank you Restorium2 for that link. I was trying to find out what the capsules are made of. It says a new alternative to animal gelatin, so I suppose these are vegetable in nature? That is a nice site with many other health products I see. Thank you, I really appreciate the help!

Peace...

Whatever little you might lose is negligible if you are careful, and the effects are just grand. If used to saute or fry, the pan can be deglazed with any liquid, to include beer or wine, and beef, poultry, fish, or vegetable stock to make a sauce, helping to minimize loss. A family favorite here is a teryaki recipe that I got from a great lady, and that works with any fish, meat, or fowl.

Keeping infused cooking fats and vegetable oils in the spice cabinet and refrigerator is something anyone can do. Ground herb, mostly kief or bud, (try a coffee grinder) can be used for baking or adding to just about any recipe that calls for aromatic herbs. Try a pumpkin pie with cream cheese added. Carrot cake for dessert anyone? When used as a dry rub for poultry, along with a little sage, thyme, saltnpepper, your barbecue is taken up a whole bunch of notches. Steelhead baked in the round, made with a nice stuffing of croutons, red onion, bell peppers, maybe some corn and mushrooms, and lemon has immense possibilities. Venison roast, rubbed with oil, herbs and spices, makes for a great comfort food, along with freshly baked rolls, immense piles of mashed potatoes, candied yams, and quarts of ale. The gravy made from the pan drippings should be guarded with your life. Simply frying a couple of eggs in a little cannabutter or other infused cooking oil gets the day started right. In simple hearty dishes like stews, italian sauces, soups, and casseroles, the stuff could not be easier to use. Try some in a mushroom creme sauce, made with half n half or heavy cream, some cream of mushroom soup, some fresh mushrooms, and parmesan cheese. Start with a hot roux of flour and cannabutter, stirring in the other ingredients slowly and steadily. Add water to the desired consistency. Serve over fettuccine and serve a dago salad with a nice balsamic vinaigrette and slabs of garlic bread. Who cares what color the wine is?

I do find that the flavor of cannabis can be sometimes objectionable or inappropriate , and it is sometimes necessary to incorporate other flavors to either complement it or diminish it. Where this is a concern, start easy with the gange, and season to taste.

Maybe we ought to start a cooking show.

Wow, GregS, you really know how to eat well, and many healthy dishes there!! Tastey too, I am very sure! Yes, you should definately start a cooking show or at least have a good blog or thread here. You sound like a master chef on some reality TV show or something. I know, "Real Cooks of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association", and we could go on the history channel like swamp people and ice road truckers! Destination Truth could come and see if you really can cook with cannabis and live a healthy life! Thanks for all your input, kind sir!! I do appreciate it so much. Good help is so nice to find from you nice folks.

Peace...

Wow, GregS, you really know how to eat well, and many healthy dishes there!! Tastey too, I am very sure! Yes, you should definately start a cooking show or at least have a good blog or thread here. You sound like a master chef on some reality TV show or something. I know, "Real Cooks of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association", and we could go on the history channel like swamp people and ice road truckers! Destination Truth could come and see if you really can cook with cannabis and live a healthy life! Thanks for all your input, kind sir!! I do appreciate it so much. Good help is so nice to find from you nice folks.

Peace...

Thanks. It is something I have been missing, and is something I did constantly when my health was better. People would ask me my hobbies, and food and drink was at the top of the list. Always cooking, smoking (no pun), barbecue, my Mom and Dad's homestyle, Italian, and Mexican, I have been diminished to buying a lot of frozen, oven ready or microwavable stuff. I am especially fond of sauces, because they can add so much. Lately I have been getting better medical treatment and busy again in the kitchen. I am not a chef, but have worked elbow to elbow with them, and found that most cheffin' is in the presentation. Preparation, while important, is not as sexy. I made excellent beer and mead, still have my equipment, and served it to family and friends. That is something I would certainly like to get back to. It is notable that hops, used in brewing, and cannabis are botanically similar and are in, I think, the same genus. Oh. And I caught my own Steelhead, river trout, and Salmon, (and for that matter warm water species); something, again, that has been put on the back burner. I use the marijuana to help take some of the sting out of being less than the man I used to be. But then too, I have found some consolation in more intellectual pursuits, among them fascination for aeronautics, literature, and the law.

What do I need to know to shoot and display good video? I am not as tech savvy as I would like to be, which may be telling my age.

Edited by GregS

What time is dinner at your house GregS- we're all coming to sample! ;) I'd love to cook more with cannabis, especially main courses as opposed to cakes and the like.

I can see you having an Emeril moment and yelling BAM! when you add in your infusions, etc. ;)

(*I'm sick and all medicine-head so pay no mind to the freak behind the screen :D )

What time is dinner at your house GregS- we're all coming to sample! ;) I'd love to cook more with cannabis, especially main courses as opposed to cakes and the like.

I can see you having an Emeril moment and yelling BAM! when you add in your infusions, etc. ;)

(*I'm sick and all medicine-head so pay no mind to the freak behind the screen :D )

Dinner is at seven, unless it is earlier or later.

Hope you feel better soon.

Edited by GregS

Try this sometime. Take one Rock Cornish game hen per person. Rub inside and out with poultry seasoning, s&p, and about 1/2 tsp of ground good quality kief, and pat, again inside and out, lightly with cannabutter. Too much can be worse than not enough. Stuff with a cornmeal stuffing if you wish. Bake some fresh cornbread. Serve with baked beans and au gratin potatoes. A Chardonnay or Chablis works well, or an IPA. For dessert, deep dish apple pie with a big chunk of cheddar and a strong cup of coffee.

Edited by GregS