Do You Cook With Ballast, Or Lamp? Or Both? It's Grilling Season.

So Flowerpants was gifted 1000 sylvanias complete, the ones made in Mexico in the 80's with the ballasts on top of the unit.  Now, w/o winter chill pouring in via an open window, her room is hot, hot, hot and she wants to trade her whole crop for vented hoods.  Doesn't that still leave her ballasts heating everything up?  Anybody know how much heat is served up by the 1000 lamp vs ballast?

Well, there def a heat source.the room there in now has just them and a fan blowing around them and it gets down right hot in there.i don't know how hot, there's no temp indicator in there.ambient temps in basement are around 75, but that room is at least ten degrees hotter.i once looked for this info too and never did get an anwser.

So Flowerpants was gifted 1000 sylvanias complete, the ones made in Mexico in the 80's with the ballasts on top of the unit.  Now, w/o winter chill pouring in via an open window, her room is hot, hot, hot and she wants to trade her whole crop for vented hoods.  Doesn't that still leave her ballasts heating everything up?  Anybody know how much heat is served up by the 1000 lamp vs ballast?

I bought a used 1000 watt lumatek off of ebay and was in my flower room while the lights were on and was sweating profusely from the high temperatures outside (high 90s) before entering the room I reached up to grab my digital thermometer and touched the cooling fins it burned a grill mark into my forearm no lie .