Minors, 16 Years Old

Hi, ill start off with telling you my medical issues. A couple years ago (2011 i think) i dislocated my shoulder, i broke the cartilage that keeps my shoulder into socket. Well i later had 4 dissolvable pins put in. Well surgery went well. I took physical therapy for 6 months to help build the muscle back up. Well after all the physical therapy i still had pain coming from my shoulder blade area. If i don't move it enough it locks up to where i can barely move it or if i move it to much it locks up to where i cant do anything with it. On a 1-10 pain scale it would be a 10. It fells like i'm being stabbed and burned and like im tearing things. I went to the doctor and told him all of this. I've had MRI's, X-rays and even more physical therapy. Yet they still cant find out what is causing all this pain. Pain killers no longer help. they take to long and i already have stomach issues. 

I was wondering if i would be able to  qualify for a MMC and how i would talk to my doctor and mom about it. 

Any comments and answers will be very help full. Thanks.

Edited by Karerus

Hi, ill start off with telling you my medical issues. A couple years ago (2011 i think) i dislocated my shoulder, i broke the cartilage that keeps my shoulder into socket. Well i later had 4 dissolvable pins put in. Well surgery went well. I took physical therapy for 6 months to help build the muscle back up. Well after all the physical therapy i still had pain coming from my shoulder blade area. If i don't move it enough it locks up to where i can barely move it or if i move it to much it locks up to where i cant do anything with it. On a 1-10 pain scale it would be a 10. It fells like i'm being stabbed and burned and like im tearing things. I went to the doctor and told him all of this. I've had MRI's, X-rays and even more physical therapy. Yet they still cant find out what is causing all this pain. Pain killers no longer help. they take to long and i already have stomach issues. 

I was wondering if i would be able to  qualify for a MMC and how i would talk to my doctor and mom about it. 

Any comments and answers will be very help full. Thanks.

Start with discussion about how you can use MMJ without a "high."  That should go a long way.

the rules for under18 in the MMMA are in section 6 (sub7.b) of the mmma. 

you will be able to qualify for a MMMA card if you can get two doctors to sign your rec.

and your parent/guardian has to consent in writing to be your caregiver as well.

Dr Bob sometimes offers to sign if your original doctor also signs for it.

so you may want to ask him if he would do it in your case, ask your doc first.

for asking your parents/doctor about it? thats always the tough one isnt it?

i've detailed my ideas for talking to docs/parents before, i'll try to remember them here:

tell your parents that you need help from them. you cant do it alone (really, due to the law, you cannot).

1. try to find other family members, friends, relatives, (priests, rabbis, etc) who use mj to treat pain.

they maybe able to help talk to your parents about how mmj helps them.

2. bring in all of your previous prescriptions for pain with you and write down exactly what the problem/benefits of each one of them is. show this to your parents/doc and ask them if they have a pill that doesnt have the side effects that are bothering you.

2a. write down how many pain pills you are taking and ask the doctor how many would cause an overdose. show them that no matter how much mmj you take, you can never overdose/die from marijuana.

3. tell them if you have tried mj in the past and what it did or did not do for your pain if you have tried it.

4. come up with a written plan for using mmj.

4a. for dosing, instructions for use, supervised use with a parent watching at all times, the parent controls the mmj in a locked safe that only they have the key to.

4b. ask them if parents/doc would be ok with it if you promised (and they made sure) to only used fresh juiced cannabis leaves or edible marijuana cookies. no smoking at all.

5. explain to them your pain. how debilitating it is. show them the difficulties in how you are able to do simple things like put on a shirt or exercize.

6. offer mmj only as a temporary trial run to see if it helps you. a one month or one year trial. if it doesnt work you will try other prescriptions again.

7. listen to their concerns about your use of medicinal marijuana. let them know that if it changes your behavior or school grades for the worse that you will stop it.

8. promise to them that you will not talk about your medical use of marijuana with friends. keep it a secret so it does not become an issue. with your parents locking your medicine up, remind them that it will be impossible for you to give it to your friends etc.

get it all written up and rehearse talking to them about it. rehearse it with friends or family.

make copies for parents/doc so they can write down notes or concerns.

be prepared to get emotional responses from people.

be calm and polite and be patient to understand and hear their concerns.

try not to retort with sound bytes, but say that you and your parents will look up any questions or comments from experts if you cannot find an answer to the question they have asked.

there maybe more ideas, please ask if you have more questions. 

Edited by t-pain

You obtain a CDB-rich strain.  CBD somewhat takes away the euphoria.  So you can get the anti-inflammatory, anti-pain (etc.) benefits without getting high.

I agree with what most said here for sure. @ doctors, records etc.

But this misconception that "cbd" is kind of special because "it doesn't get you high" is nonsense honestly to me.

Cbd works for certain things. THC works for certain things. CBN works for certain things. CBC works for certain things. CBG works for certain things. THC-v works for certain things. etc.

In my ever so humble and meaningless opinion, this is why we use the whole plant.  Cbd rich strains are fine and dandy for some people.  Not for others at all.

I think this whole "without the high" is a  bit of a herring.  I get a high off of antihistamines, vitamins and ginseng. I personally find THC to be relaxing and giving a sense of well being alone is enough to make it a must for any pain patient experiencing soft tissue or nerve pain. It helps take muscles out of spasm and dulls the nerve pain which can cause muscle spasms and such.   But like I said,... opinion only. Well, a little science,... :-)

I just think we are over extending on this "without the high" issue/meme to justify use of cannabis. We don't need to. Nothing wrong with a little sense of well being. :-)

Such as, CBD doesn't work for glaucoma or blood pressure, bi-polar, depression, weakest anti bacterial properties,... etc etc.

The list goes on and on and on.

CBD is merely the answer for some things.

GOOD THINGS!

Don't get me wrong. :-) 

Just, I think this meme "without a high" is kinda a herring and could actually be damaging if forced to use CBD only strains so people wont get high.

Same goes for all the terpenes and flavonoids too.