How To Properly Switch To 12/12

trix

So, I have had these two plants in veg for sometime now not sure the amount of days I would have to check the calendar..

I was trying to wait till the plants in the flower room were around half way done, to flip the other two to 12/12.. These plants are growing like small bushes under that 1000w utlra light 130,000k spec.bulb, In order to keep them from getting to tall I have topped them and pruned the plants the fan leaves where so big the undergrowth was turning yellow..I culled quite a bit.. that didn't even phase there growth, I mean it slowed them a little bit but for the most part they just kept going.

Anywho, there like 28-33" tall right now and learning from the 7ft'rs from the last run I don't want to go any longer.. So whats the proper way to switch the to 12/12?

Do I just put them in the flower room whenever, or do I give them darkness for a period of time, or can I just put them in there when the 12/12 lights come on and move from one lighted room to the next?

The plants I have going now in the flower room, I didn't give any special treatment I just turned the flower bulb on and put them under it right from a lighted veg room, to a newly light flower room.. and they are doing great. just wondering what the correct way to prevent poor results.

IMG_20130531_002004_0.jpg

IMG_20130531_001939_0.jpg

IMG_20130531_001728_0.jpg

Cool thanks, wasn't sure if one way was safer/better than the other..

Since these ones are like 3ft and the ones in flower are 6-7ft I'm going to put them up on a 3ft platform to lift them up there with the canopy cause right now the light is maxed out at the ceiling .

as long you make sure they get a full 12 hours of darkness.

That's what I was getting at.. so let them sleep then wake up in the flower room. or switch them right when the flower room goes to sleep for their 12 hours

Just put them in the flowering room and let them sleep when the flowering rooms lights go off. Because they are in veg you can throw them in FR anytime before the lights go off and it will be fine. No need to give them any darkness before moving them. If your on 18-6 just move them from one light to the other when their awake, and let them sleep in the FR when the lights go off.

Yep, I just put them in there...Thanks that's how I did it in the past just wasn't positive if there was a certain cycle of darkness to give them before hand.

Thanks again, I'm going to give the girls in flower a little longer then show some new pics man o man they are so frosty the fan leaves are cover in trich's and I measured the cola's they are 2 1/2ft. on the one plant and super sticky and thick just hit the 30 day mark..

Cool thanks, wasn't sure if one way was safer/better than the other..

Since these ones are like 3ft and the ones in flower are 6-7ft I'm going to put them up on a 3ft platform to lift them up there with the canopy cause right now the light is maxed out at the ceiling .

Or you could move the taller plants to the outside and put the smaller ones in the center so the taller plants don't block out the light.

Or you could move the taller plants to the outside and put the smaller ones in the center so the taller plants don't block out the light.

Thats whats I did, but I still have them lifted up a few feet..

I moved the four 30 day old ones to the corners, and set the newbie's in the center..

I think the only concern is if they had been under flourescents or a weaker wattage HID and switched to a higher wattage lamp in bloom.  Then you would need to take steps to prevent burning/stress.

Mickydee, they were under a 1000w MH...

Then moved to a 1000w HPS..