Lawyers Thumbs Up Or Down?

Fairly new here, would like to know how to find a good attorney,,, I don't expect this website to condone or dismiss attorneys,but would be nice if they had a section on  members rating local attorneys and their outcome,,,,,, the only attorney I get on this website, is the one and only Korman,, but he does not represent all of MICHIGAN,,,, I would like an atty in my area,,,,????? Traverse City??????

Jesse Williams is in Traverse City.  I know he works with mmj cases and is reported to be good at what he does.

http://www.amberglawnorth.com/

He's the only one I know off hand in Traverse City, although I am sure there are others.

I think any attorney willing to pay advertisement fees here is more than welcome to place an ad! 

Yep, thank u so much!!

Edited by kentuckyrain

I just thought it was odd to not have a list of attorneys on this website, you would think they would want to be advertising on here..... Thank u again Northerngal,,,

There's more than enough work to go around.  Most attorneys need not advertise.  There is an inside joke within the legal community that the lawyers with the biggest ads in the yellow pages are generally the biggest . . .well, you get the idea.

There's more than enough work to go around.  Most attorneys need not advertise.  There is an inside joke within the legal community that the lawyers with the biggest ads in the yellow pages are generally the biggest . . .well, you get the idea.

You mean L is not for lawyer?

What does that say about that blonde with the puffy lips who has her pictures all over the sides of buses and billboards? 

What does that say about that blonde with the puffy lips who has her pictures all over the sides of buses and billboards? 

Lawyers that do that kind of advertising (personal injury especially) are oftentimes counting on overwhelming responses.  They do an intake interview and then refer the case to another attorney.  It's a middleman sort of thing.  They get a referral fee of 1/3 of whatever the referred-to attorney collects.  So let's say you retain attorney x after being referred to him by puff mommy.  Attorney x sues and gets you $90k.  Attorney x keeps 1/3 as his fee and then sends 1/3 of his 1/3 to puff mommy as a referral fee.  So puff mommy gets $10k for basically doing not much of anything.

Jesse is excellent, there is another one up there named Shawn Worden.  I did a section 8 defense with him a while back and was impressed.  I've worked with Jesse as well and he is very effective.  Links to both of their websites are on mine.  Upper left corner.  Dan Hartman in Petoskey is my attorney and is well versed as well.

Dr. Bob