Day 30-42 Of Flower

trix

I just uploaded a bunch of pictures from this grow.. I'll post a couple, then link to the folder with a bunch more enjoy!

Lemme know what you think..

IMG_20130603_233149_0-Copy.jpg

IMG_20130603_234741_0-Copy.jpg

IMG_20130603_234741_0-Copy.jpg

IMG_20130603_033429_0-Copy.jpg

IMG_20130603_234642_0-Copy.jpg

I'm not sure why this one grew a foot taller then the rest same seeds, same everything, could it be when I cracked the stem down the middle, made it grow more?

IMG_20130603_234306_0-Copy.jpg

IMG_20130603_234044_0-Copy.jpg

IMG_20130603_234053_0-Copy.jpg

IMG_20130603_233925_0-Copy.jpg

IMG_20130603_233912_0-Copy.jpg

IMG_20130603_233847_0-Copy.jpg

Ok enough posting, If you want to check out the rest here is a link http://s276.photobucket.com/user/john8623/library/Week%205%20Day%2033%20of%20Flower

All these pics were taken with my crappy Metro PCS phone's camera. I'll take some good shots when they fill in more.

Oh here is one that I took a crap load of leaves off of just to see what happens, I have 4 of the same plants should be able to see a difference between the plucked one and the others this one is only 15 days maybe in flower..

BEFORE:
IMG_20130604_193520_0-Copy.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_20130604_194536_0-Copy.jpg

Trix
:bong2:

I hope they just keep getting wider and fuller everyday... them are going to be 2ft cola's, lol

That is crazy, I absolutely love growing... I gave all the bullcrap up and got hooked on gardening, a healthy habit ;)

Could that cracked stem down the middle, have caused the one plant to grow more? isn't that like super cropping where you intentionally damage the plant, though I didn't mean to do it?

I have a friend who proved what he said about breaking branches on purpose.  Had a dozen clones.  Broke the branches on half of them.  It was real easy to see the difference.  The plants with some broken branches had bigger buds.  Average yield was higher with the broken branches.  Now he breaks all his branches.  I stood corrected, as I had thought he was nuts..... but he was correct. 

The trick is not to kill the plant.  If you break only one or two branches, per plant, per week, the plant should produce more.  If you bust all the branches on one plant, on the same day, the stunting effect will be too great.  Possible death.

I now break/bend most of the main branches, in trying to keep a level canopy top.  I no longer have a meltdown, when in the process of bending/training, I hear a snap.  A 'knuckle" forms at the damaged area, and the buds add weight.  Almost like the plant is sending more nutes/water to the damaged area, as a way to repair the damage.  Not really sure why it works..... just glad a friend showed me his experiment.

I have a friend who proved what he said about breaking branches on purpose.  Had a dozen clones.  Broke the branches on half of them.  It was real easy to see the difference.  The plants with some broken branches had bigger buds.  Average yield was higher with the broken branches.  Now he breaks all his branches.  I stood corrected, as I had thought he was nuts..... but he was correct. 

The trick is not to kill the plant.  If you break only one or two branches, per plant, per week, the plant should produce more.  If you bust all the branches on one plant, on the same day, the stunting effect will be too great.  Possible death.

I now break/bend most of the main branches, in trying to keep a level canopy top.  I no longer have a meltdown, when in the process of bending/training, I hear a snap.  A 'knuckle" forms at the damaged area, and the buds add weight.  Almost like the plant is sending more nutes/water to the damaged area, as a way to repair the damage.  Not really sure why it works..... just glad a friend showed me his experiment.

It releases auxins.  Topping and cutting under brush is whats up.!!  I even will take half a plant down then 2-4 days later go back and cut the rest and the buds are always fatter from after making a large sever.  You sever a limb and the plant will go into panic mode and plump up nice n fatty..!!  However it can reduce the overall THC from the stress but you will have 1 section that is more uppy and the later will have more medical side.

I also have been going into my flowering plants 3-7 days out from cropping and severing the larger fan leaves from the tops to flush energy and hormone down to the middle buds in an attempt to fatten them up as well.  But i don't advise doing this half way thru because it can increase your odds of stressing the plant to herm.  And a fuxin herm is what we all dread.  But close to flower it is harder for the plant to focus on a herm trait it is so far along in the life cycle that it is forced to go into evasive action and plump as the last ditched effort to try and fatten up to attract pollen.

Just a trick that i read about and starting incorporating into my routine.

Edited by motorcitymeds

I'm not sure of the strain... It could be one of three different choices, figured we would make that decision once we smoked it.. then we could tell what was what..

They have filled in quite a bit.. every cola is around the size of a pop can in width.. at day 42 now.. Ill post a couple more pics in a few days need a better camera..

Thanks pergamum,

I did some manicuring added some zip ties stretched the tops apart quite a bit.. After I stretched the top colas apart, the inside bud sites were yellow and about to die.. also I chopped all the small sticks about a 1/4 of the way up from the bottom.

A week later those same bud sites are green and frosty with nice sized little nugs now.. The plant I took 90% of the leaves off is 15-20 days behind the rest and she has buds all the way down to the bottom of the plant that just about equal in size to her partners.. Definitely can see a difference..

I like to give her a lil squeeze, then rub it under my nose like vicks.. lol

Smells for a good 10-15 mins afterwards.. lol

Do they resemble Purp OG?

I can't figging remember what seeds they came from, but the one is looking more purple now that its getting deep into flower and the smell is similar.. But I just don't know..

They are super tight buds, I really have to get a camera cause I can't get a good shot with my 3pixel phone..

Some say could be chem sour, could be from purp og...I'm leaning more towards the purp seeds.. Guess the only way to tell is when its all said and done.. I would hope a better camera would up the chances of naming the strain.

Anywho.. its day 46 and they are going to be gigantic buds ;)  I'm very pleased with the results from the daily work I have invested and the sheer pleasure of growing makes my health better.

Today the lights popped on, I went to say good morning When I came upstairs it was 1 1/2 later.. I didn't do anything except empty the dehumidifier, I just stood there staring at them lol such a beautiful plant, where would I be without it.