Your Plants Light Cycle May Be More Important Than Previously Thought!

Interesting article,

I just watched this clip of a 11 yr old boy holding a conference about the fruit and veggies we as a nation consume on a daily basis.. its a wake up call.. and its not new news, this has been going on since the 90's

It's a bit off subject, and I apologize for that, but it's a short quick educational video..maybe 2 minutes. watch it, or don't watch it..

Thanks for the post Grass Monkey.. swear I learn something new everyday.

http://www.ted.com/talks/birke_baehr_what_s_wrong_with_our_food_system.html?source=facebook#.UcOcZCPCTl_.facebook

Trix
:bong2:

nice...

thank you..

looks good so far...

i am going to read more... i like this kind of information... 

You probably don’t feel much remorse when you bite into a raw carrot.

You might feel differently if you considered the fact that it’s still living the moment you put it into your mouth.

Of course, carrots—like all fruits and vegetables—don’t have consciousness or a central nervous system, so they can’t feel pain when we harvest, cook or eat them. But many species survive and continue metabolic activity even after they’re picked, and contrary to what you may believe, they’re often still alive when you take them home from the grocery store and stick them in the fridge.

The most recent evidence of this surprising phenomenon?

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2013/06/your-fruits-and-vegetables-can-tell-day-from-night-and-even-get-jet-lag/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=20130620&utm_content=surprisingsciencefruitsveggies

Interesting article,

I just watched this clip of a 11 yr old boy holding a conference about the fruit and veggies we as a nation consume on a daily basis.. its a wake up call.. and its not knew news, this has been going on since the 90's

It's a bit off subject, and I apologize for that, but it's a short quick educational video..maybe 2 minutes. watch it, or don't watch it..

Thanks for the post Grass Monkey.. swear I learn something new everyday.

http://www.ted.com/talks/birke_baehr_what_s_wrong_with_our_food_system.html?source=facebook#.UcOcZCPCTl_.facebook

Trix

:bong2:

excellent.

thank you trix..

that young man is a genius.

he expresses himself very well and has an insight we all could learn a thing or two from....

great link.

thanks again..

The findings only pertain to improperly flowered indoor marijuana.  If your 12/12 is only sporadic you will have hermies as well as causing greater susceptabilty to mite damage (they will eat faster, more,  and deeper?)

This also means that a 24/0 veg cycle has the highest mite resistance!.

I run 24 in my veg. I do know that there is more root growth during the dark cycle though.

Thanks

IMHO people that run 24 hours of light our wasting their $$ or and giving it to the Electric Company someone i know that grows would put their plants in a 24 hour dark cycle just before flowering  

nice...

thank you..

looks good so far...

i am going to read more... i like this kind of information... 

You probably don’t feel much remorse when you bite into a raw carrot.

You might feel differently if you considered the fact that it’s still living the moment you put it into your mouth.

Of course, carrots—like all fruits and vegetables—don’t have consciousness or a central nervous system, so they can’t feel pain when we harvest, cook or eat them. But many species survive and continue metabolic activity even after they’re picked, and contrary to what you may believe, they’re often still alive when you take them home from the grocery store and stick them in the fridge.

The most recent evidence of this surprising phenomenon?

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2013/06/your-fruits-and-vegetables-can-tell-day-from-night-and-even-get-jet-lag/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=20130620&utm_content=surprisingsciencefruitsveggies

Thats why i freeze everything i eat   TV dinners Lol

It doesn't really grow faster, and does cost a little more. I just like to be able to get into the room at anytime. It also has my main fuse panel so I can get to it without worrying about interrupting things. I've interrupted my flower cycle plenty of times during a harvest and never had any problems arise from it, besides a day or two of slightly slowed growth.

The mite resistance sounds cool though. I've only ever had them once, from a clone. Stopped bringing clones in and it fixed the "problem".

I did the 12 hours with 1 hour in the night and it vegged them fine while saving electricity.  They did go into flower quicker, which can be a good or bad thing.  For me with a perpetual harvest, I like a few days extra veg growth after they go into the flower room, so I stopped the 12/1 cycle.  If you want to cut a few days off of flower time or help control that early flower stretch it works great.

I now do 8/4/8/4 and have been happy with the results.  Great veg growth with some electric savings and they respond like plants that were on 20/4 when put into flower.