Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone! Obviously I'm new here and to the state. Been here almost 2 months now and we love it!

Anyways I haven't been able to find a answer anywhere on google or bing. But I have been to the doc got all the paper work the only thing is I only have a temp Michigan ID and don't have the hard card yet. But could I scan a copy of my temp ID and old Illinois ID and send that into the state with my application and 100 fee?

excellent question.

welcome to the Michigan and the forums...

i don't know about that one.. my first instinct is to say yes.. your temporary id is a valid form of Michigan residency when presented with a supporting picture id.  however.. your old license is now not valid and is supposed to be surrendered when you get a Michigan one so that particular piece of photo id might not fly.

not sure on this one..

i would defer this question to someone who might have experience with this scenario?

great question.. welcome.

hopefully we can dig up an answer for you.

Thank you for the welcome.

The old ID is stapled to the temp ID from SOS. With cut corner. I went to get it last Monday and got certified the day before in Grand Rapids (talk about a painfull drive) They took my ID so they had a copy but said I would have to have my mi ID to send in the papers.

Hello and welcome to MI and to the 3MA forums :)

In my experience it takes about 14 business days or less to receive your 'hard' card from the Secretary of State for DL/ ID.

There is a contact # at the bottom of this post.  I would call personally and ask them.

imo, as hard as it would be to wait to send in my paperwork, I might wait until my hard card DL/ID arrives b4 sending LARA

my registry packet.  That is... UNLESS LARA tells you differently.

Could you please post what you found out in order to help others who may be in the same situation ?

Your certification is valid 2 yrs from the date of the Doctors signature if you are concerned with the certification expiring.

I will assume that you want to sent your paperwork into the State asap to get legal so, I dug up a lil info for you.

Basics:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869---,00.html

Info on residency:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869_52137---,00.html

Contact info:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869_52141---,00.html

How to Contact UsThe Michigan Medical Marihuana Program is administered by the Health Professions Division in the Bureau of Health Care Services within the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

Mailing Address:

Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Bureau of Health Care Services
Health Professions Division
Michigan Medical Marihuana Program
PO Box 30083
Lansing, MI 48909

Telephone Number: 517-373-0395

Email Address: BHP-MMMPINFO@michigan.gov

Hello and welcome to MI and to the 3MA forums :)

In my experience it takes about 14 business days or less to receive your 'hard' card from the Secretary of State for DL/ ID.

There is a contact # at the bottom of this post.  I would call personally and ask them.

imo, as hard as it would be to wait to send in my paperwork, I might wait until my hard card DL/ID arrives b4 sending LARA

my registry packet.  That is... UNLESS LARA tells you differently.

Could you please post what you found out in order to help others who may be in the same situation ?

Your certification is valid 2 yrs from the date of the Doctors signature if you are concerned with the certification expiring.

I will assume that you want to sent your paperwork into the State asap to get legal so, I dug up a lil info for you.

Basics:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869---,00.html

Info on residency:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869_52137---,00.html

Contact info:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-35299_63294_63303_51869_52141---,00.html

How to Contact Us The Michigan Medical Marihuana Program is administered by the Health Professions Division in the Bureau of Health Care Services within the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

Mailing Address:

Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

Bureau of Health Care Services

Health Professions Division

Michigan Medical Marihuana Program

PO Box 30083

Lansing, MI 48909

Telephone Number: 517-373-0395

Email Address: BHP-MMMPINFO@michigan.gov

Thank you for all that info. Ill wait till monday to do anything and give them a call and ask them personally. "Proof of residency is defined as a 1) Michigan Driver License, 2) Michigan Identification Card, or 3) other approved photo ID and Michigan voter registration card. Approved photo IDs are listed in the Administrative Rules, Section 3(b)." Thats from the page you gave me. it should be fine to use that since it is my ID from michigan. But im still gonna wait till monday and call and find out.

Ill let everyone know what they say about it too. 

If you do not have a Michigan voters registration card, you should wait for your photo ID from Michigan.  (whether it be drivers license or Michigan ID)  The ID they refer to in this article is the actual "Michigan ID Card".  (looks like a license and has a picture on it)

If you have your Michigan Voters Registration card, you can use that along with one of the following:

(i) Current driver's license or identification card, with photo, issued by a state.

(ii) Identification card with photo issued by a federal, state, or government agency.

(iii) Current military identification card.

(iv) Current passport.

(v) Current student identification card with photo.

(vi) Native American tribal identification with photo

(vii) Permanent resident card or alien registration receipt card

I just went through this with another patient that moved to Michigan. 

The good news is she received her drivers license through the mail in just over a week. 

Edited by northerngal

The old Illinois ID, if not punched out through your birth date to invalidate it, would be illegal for you to possess if you were claiming to be a Michigan resident.  If that's the case, I certainly wouldn't use it for anything concerning the state government.

Thank you for the welcome.

The old ID is stapled to the temp ID from SOS. With cut corner. I went to get it last Monday and got certified the day before in Grand Rapids (talk about a painfull drive) They took my ID so they had a copy but said I would have to have my mi ID to send in the papers.

^^

The old Illinois ID, if not punched out through your birth date to invalidate it, would be illegal for you to possess if you were claiming to be a Michigan resident.  If that's the case, I certainly wouldn't use it for anything concerning the state government.

I've watched them cut the corners off of 3 of them. They didn't punch anything through any of the birthdays. They cut the corner and staple them to the paper temp ID.

(Edit) Also everyplace that I have used it at has taken it. How would they verify who the person is on the paper temp ID if there is nothing that shows a picture besides the old ID.

Edited by JBotts420

Ok so I just called them, and I was told that the temp ID will work as long as it has the old picture ID stapled to the temp and the temp can't be expired.

So yes. If you have a Michigan temp (paper ID) that has your old ID stapled to it WILL work.

Ok so I just called them, and I was told that the temp ID will work as long as it has the old picture ID stapled to the temp and the temp can't be expired.

So yes. If you have a Michigan temp (paper ID) that has your old ID stapled to it WILL work.

Awesome news!!!

Congratulations to soon being a new registrant to the MMMP!!! :jig:  << happy dance :)