Fighting Ra

Hello!

I have picked up a new patient and we will be trying to conduct a very focused mmj regiment with detailed anecdotal responses and patients logs, followed by testing and posting of any lab profile findings this patient reports to have value in treatment.

There are some people who believe there needs to be double blind university studies, and I agree.

But I am a realist, that's not happening, so we will try and really provide the some form of standardized follow up, although anecdotal. ( ill be using any and all structured assesment reference I've encountered with my years in healthcare)

My patient will be posting a google blog of our experiences.

We have a good idea of how we are starting and where we are going, but if any RA sufferers can add insight into what worked for them, specific strains etc. I ask this because I was surprised to find some.of hos best relief was the disaasociative power of grapefruit diesel.....we will obviously run through my high cbd, and more narcotic minded meds, but I got wondering.what other random strains might have won there way into a RA gros for non traditional reasoning.....any and all insight is always read and appreciated for your time!

You know, someone did post that just the other day, I wasn't thinking root salve no. But ill go.read up now and may! Good call.

The point will be to not manage the ra pain and swelling, but stop the progression of frequency of debilitating bouts which are trending.up heavily. It's truely a whole lifestyle management that has to be utilized for effectiveness......but I'm going to go read up on root balls and find out how and why they work ( I must know the how's and why's! Lol).

if you want to do double blind tests with your patients' permission, you could have someone put cannabis balm and regular balm in two similar containers marked A and B and then run tests to see which provide relief or not.

but then they'd complain about sample size (1 patient).

came across this link, people with RA talk about using cannabis.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/opinions/39103

one even mentions chewing the raw leaves. i always forget to suggest juicing raw cannabis leaves... give that a try! :)

there are many anti-inflammatory cannabinoids and acids and terpenes and chemicals in the plant. and then they work together differently than alone. to study all of this plant will take YEARS with many many teams working on it. we will still be studying this plant long after i'm dead. i just hope in the meantime we can help as many people as possible to relieve pain and suffering.

Hello!

I have picked up a new patient and we will be trying to conduct a very focused mmj regiment with detailed anecdotal responses and patients logs, followed by testing and posting of any lab profile findings this patient reports to have value in treatment.

There are some people who believe there needs to be double blind university studies, and I agree.

But I am a realist, that's not happening, so we will try and really provide the some form of standardized follow up, although anecdotal. ( ill be using any and all structured assesment reference I've encountered with my years in healthcare)

My patient will be posting a google blog of our experiences.

We have a good idea of how we are starting and where we are going, but if any RA sufferers can add insight into what worked for them, specific strains etc. I ask this because I was surprised to find some.of hos best relief was the disaasociative power of grapefruit diesel.....we will obviously run through my high cbd, and more narcotic minded meds, but I got wondering.what other random strains might have won there way into a RA gros for non traditional reasoning.....any and all insight is always read and appreciated for your time!

What you would want to do to prove that cannabis works for your patient would be to prove it with a blood test sed rate for inflammation. Patients with severe arthritis have blood test results that plainly show elavated levels and you can see them lower when the drug works.

came across this link, people with RA talk about using cannabis.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/opinions/39103

one even mentions chewing the raw leaves. i always forget to suggest juicing raw cannabis leaves... give that a try! :)

there are many anti-inflammatory cannabinoids and acids and terpenes and chemicals in the plant. and then they work together differently than alone. to study all of this plant will take YEARS with many many teams working on it. we will still be studying this plant long after i'm dead. i just hope in the meantime we can help as many people as possible to relieve pain and suffering.

Thanks! I will check the link now.....

The raw was always going to be a part, I agree.

It will be studied for a while, which is why its good to start building data linked to strains and lab test to help identify and clarrify what's exerting its effects....

What you would want to do to prove that cannabis works for your patient would be to prove it with a blood test sed rate for inflammation. Patients with severe arthritis have blood test results that plainly show elavated levels and you can see them lower when the drug works.

This is a great point. I will have to coordinate with the patient to try and obtain the results when tested. Obviously we will be at the mercy of insurance allowances etc for test when we want them, I will definitely discuss with the patient.