Can Meds Be Mailed Local ?

JBINDICA

I disagree google sfo airport med marijuana policy or lax or OAK or eureka.they have posted policies with tsa backing allowing this. I actually spoke with police on both ends of a trip. Detroit airport police will tell you that they will walk you to your car so you don't get robbed. tsa doesn't have the right to stop you. as a matter of fact Oakland police have a fulltime officer stationed 24/7 to make sure your rights aren't violated. also inside of screening areas you are not subject to local laws at all. now I hear Colorado has a bit different policy because of recreation pot.

I disagree google sfo airport med marijuana policy or lax or OAK or eureka.they have posted policies with tsa backing allowing this. I actually spoke with police on both ends of a trip. Detroit airport police will tell you that they will walk you to your car so you don't get robbed. tsa doesn't have the right to stop you. as a matter of fact Oakland police have a fulltime officer stationed 24/7 to make sure your rights aren't violated. also inside of screening areas you are not subject to local laws at all. now I hear Colorado has a bit different policy because of recreation pot.

what did he say?

what did who say? they let it through... it is honestly a don't ask policy. call em yourself then bring back some killer strains. the sheriffs are at the medical detectors just watching... call Detroit metro police they will say same. call around you learn a lot. sfo will let you board with pounds to non medical destinations. it is their law to not call ahead

ups and fedex are not Federal entities.

"sfo will let you board with pounds of cannabis to any state"    really ?

the ups and fed ex would likely cross a state line.in nor cal most people have best luck with usps flat rate boxes... the feds don't want everyone knowing how much bud they transport... its all ups and fed ex. but anyone who knows knows... overnite is screened extreemly heavily (paid for from uncle sam)... usps 9 outa ten go thru...

Edited by grassmatch

Why is this even a question? Why would anyone think that it is OK to do this?

Even though it is widely done, even though it may be convenient for folks that can't drive, even though it is unlikely that you're going to get caught for mailing small amounts, mailing cannabis is clearly illegal and can send you to jail. 

In March of 2010 I flew to Phoenix with 2.5 of stinky og. I called ahead and asked what was there policy. Tsa told they would refer it to the local airport police. So I called the airport police and they said if my paper work was in order and I was not breaking any state laws they where ok with it. I showed u p three hours early and declared Yuri medical at the baggage counter. Lady at counter called her boss and told him I could clearly hear his voice and the boss asked her if I had paperwork she said yes he does and boss man said its all good. Best vacation in a while no problems. I didn't take any chances on flying home with any smoked it all.

GOOGLE "map federal drug interdiction checkpoints".  driving is THE hardest way. They make the most money off sieze that way. and most people will find a way to pay a thousand miles from home

Why is this even a question? Why would anyone think that it is OK to do this?

Even though it is widely done, even though it may be convenient for folks that can't drive, even though it is unlikely that you're going to get caught for mailing small amounts, mailing cannabis is clearly illegal and can send you to jail. 

GOOGLE "map federal drug interdiction checkpoints".  driving is THE hardest way. They make the most money off sieze that way. and most people will find a way to pay a thousand miles from home

I'm not sure what your point is, nor does that google map search return any information. 

mailing marijuana is illegal ? Some straight answer from the legally adept would be appreciated. I asked this same question last year with no definitive answer as guidance for our community. Patients and caregivers need to know these bits of info to keep us safe, otherwise we all will need a lawyer soon !