We Are Medicine: New Health Claim By E-Cig Mnfrs. Under Threat

pic book

from gov they will have to register just like cigarettes, an e-cig mnfr on varney and company pushes back.   we er medicine, we improve energy and focus.  we don't want a health warning on our packaging, we want to be packaged as a medicine.  no one has shown that our from of nicotine is harmful, the reverse is true."

wow.  did they get this by noting medical marijana's success at re-branding as medicine?

only trouble... the Nicotine is a pesticide *** albeit 'all natural', it is highly addictive. And getting more so as evidenced here... 

"The nicotine content of popular American-brand cigarettes has slowly increased over the years, and one study found that there was an average increase of 1.78% per year between the years of 1998 and 2005. This was found for all major market categories of cigarettes."  

Interpolating that to today 4/2014 is a 30% increase! wtf

"the primary therapeutic use of nicotine is in treating nicotine dependence in order to eliminate smoking with the damage it does to health."

NicotineIt functions as an antiherbivore chemical; consequently, nicotine was widely used as an insecticide in the past and nicotine analogs such as imidacloprid are currently widely used."

If you really need to get your nicotine fix, try the patches, lozenges or gum. Save your lungs for better things!

Edited by solabeirtan

fluoride is both a medicine, as the active ingredient in the most popular antidepressants, and a pesticide too. its even organic and added to everyones municipal water supply, just in case they need some. I never understood how a child could require the same amount of (forced) medication as an adult I america, but hey, love it or leave it!

only trouble... the Nicotine is a pesticide *** albeit 'all natural', it is highly addictive. And getting more so as evidenced here... 

"The nicotine content of popular American-brand cigarettes has slowly increased over the years, and one study found that there was an average increase of 1.78% per year between the years of 1998 and 2005. This was found for all major market categories of cigarettes."  

Interpolating that to today 4/2014 is a 30% increase! wtf

"the primary therapeutic use of nicotine is in treating nicotine dependence in order to eliminate smoking with the damage it does to health."

NicotineIt functions as an antiherbivore chemical; consequently, nicotine was widely used as an insecticide in the past and nicotine analogs such as imidacloprid are currently widely used."

If you really need to get your nicotine fix, try the patches, lozenges or gum. Save your lungs for better things!

Nicotine is not "highly addictive". Research has shown that smoked tobacco contains monoamine oxidase A and B inhibitors. It is the interplay between these and nicotine which is responsible for tobacco being highly addictive. Nicotine is relatively benign, similar to caffeine. Interestingly enough, a transdermal patch using selegilinine/deprenyl (an MAO-B inhibitor)  and nicotine has shown initial signs of being a very effective smoking cessation treatment.

Nicotine is not "highly addictive". Research has shown that smoked tobacco contains monoamine oxidase A and B inhibitors. It is the interplay between these and nicotine which is responsible for tobacco being highly addictive. Nicotine is relatively benign, similar to caffeine. Interestingly enough, a transdermal patch using selegilinine/deprenyl (an MAO-B inhibitor)  and nicotine has shown initial signs of being a very effective smoking cessation treatment.

Me thinks you are splitting hairs here.  Must be that interplay that combines to give this 'stimulant effect' refered to in my link.

The patches worked for me, was the only thing that got that gorilla off my back.  

Benign? Right like consider yourself lucky if you get benign Cancer! Cause usually its the other... 

Edited by solabeirtan