Is This Accurate?

I was trying to explain to some folks why medical cannabis sounds like the super duper, late night, cures everything there is, medicine.  I would like to develop a clear, accurate reply that even the cannabinoid deficient will be able to comprehend....lol

I have a work in progress.  Can anyone correct where this is wrong and perhaps add some further truths or clarity?  Thanks

============================================

The reason it works on so many diseases is that cannabinoids are similar to our body's own endocannabinoid molecules which are used to regulate very many bodily processes.  The endocannabinoids are used to communicate between many different cell types in our bodies.  Cannabinoid receptors are found in nearly every organ in the body

When we are healthy, we can self regulate imbalances that happen in our bodies.  We are designed to do just that.  Endocannabinoids, as it turns out, are one of the messenger molecules used by our body to self regulate.  This includes things like blood pressure, blood sugar, inflammation response, nerve signals, and more.  Cannabinoids often provide a feedback signal in the messaging process

Consider that if the body is lacking in messenger molecules, the natural re-balancing signals do not get through and so the body does not bring itself back into a healthy state.

We can, in some cases, provide plant molecules that so closely resemble our own endocannabinoids that these are able to function as the messengers.  Once the signals are restored, the body again self regulates and can often bring itself back into balance.

both the desired and undesired effects have proven to be pleasurable for most. Who knew shrinking tumors and lowering blood pressure could be so enlightening ? Those infected with Cannabiphobia - an exaggerated, usually inexplicable, unreasonable and illogical fear and hatred of the Cannabis genus, its culture, its traditions, its belief system and its followers- may have found themselves beyond help, after all they have to help themselves, to the knowledge, the origins, medical efficacy, all available on google. They sometimes have a difficult time seeing past their choices sadly. easy to spot, often on the other side of a desk in my experience. (lol?)

i really like what you have written. but...

it is way too technical for average layperson.

if you want to continue in this technical talk, i wonder if you could add a paragraph on how aspirin works and how marijuana differs from it.

you may also want to talk about deficiencies in humans from plant matter (like vitamin c def causes scurvy) or amino acids/protiens not found in our diets. i think that may tie it together. it explains why you need a balanced diet and why your body may not be getting its dose of vitamin cannabinoids.

(yes i have too many ideas per second)

you may want to say what other common plants we eat that contain useful cannibinoids. maybe a few sentences on anti-oxidents and other useful parts are in the plant. like marijuana seed contains all of the amino acids needed for humans to survive. "a complete food source".

My understanding is that cannabanoids work differently from most neurotransmitters in that they down regulate neural signals. Whereas most upregulate them, speeding the transmission of electrochemical messages from sending to receiving synapses, cannabanoids instead lock into receiving, rather than sending, synapses, slowing transmission. How and why this is important I am not sure, but it seems to speak to your statement.

My understanding is that cannabanoids work differently from most neurotransmitters in that they down regulate neural signals. Whereas most upregulate them, speeding the transmission of electrochemical messages from sending to receiving synapses, cannabanoids instead lock into receiving, rather than sending, synapses, slowing transmission. How and why this is important I am not sure, but it seems to speak to your statement.

I saw in some video that epilepsy is caused by a overload of signals in the brain.  I think the cannabis role there is to slow down the number of signals to a neuron when that neuron is approaching overload. 

When that signal to slow down the firing doesn't happen, a seizure can occur.  Again, this is just my layman's understanding.