Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Raided After Tips From Other Caregivers

bobandtorey

Thinking dropping a few beans preteen in the name of curiosity or science would qualify you today as a prodigy.

Its a plant folks, get over it.

The pos GOP leadership here in Michigan has swallowed nut sac et all to screw the Voters of this great state.

On the bright , this is looking to be the best outdoor harvest EVER.

Sortalika phaque from God to the Gop.

And now it is obvious why So many prodigy grow pros were justifiably skeptical of getting on a list(MMMP). They are not going to go along with this GOP scam.

If you want full and enthusiastic participation, there needs to be a simple and fair playing field...Decriminalization

Right on brother! RIGHT ON. Hard to wipe the smile off my face these days ...... 

WPBN/WGTU — Four people arrested last week when police raided three Benzie County medical marijuana dispensaries were formally charged Thursday morning.

Each of the four, Kevin Miner, Jon Ullom, Brian Fast and Aaron Fast are facing at least one felony charge of delivery and manufacture of marijuana.

In papers filed with the court, police say the defendants each sold marijuana flowers to an informant who wasn't one of their patients.

Also in the courtroom: supporters of medical marijuana.

"We work with an association throughout the United States promoting and educating the effects of cannabis and the human body," says Marte Hughson, a Cannabis Nurse, one of two in Michigan.

Hughson and others say the shops were operating under the 2008 law allowing medical marijuana in Michigan.

But police say the defendants sold to someone who wasn't a patient, an act deemed illegal by the Michigan Supreme Court in 2013.

"As far as I'm concerned, once the Michigan Supreme Court tells us the interpretation of the law, I listen to the Michigan Supreme Court," says Sara Swanson, Benzie County's Prosecuting Attorney. "It's their job to interpret the laws. So when they come down and tell me, and tell the people in the State of Michigan this is what this law means, that is law."

"The patients need their medicine," says Hughson who was is a retired trauma nurse. "We need safe access to that medicine. I don't want to go back to the underground, to the black market, to the street corner. I want to be able to walk into a dispensary just like I walk into Rite-Aid, just like I walk into Stapleton's. This is not what we should be doing: arresting people who are just trying to help and earn a living."

"If people are upset about that, they can act," says Swanson. "Go to your representatives in Lansing and talk to them. That's where the changes need to happen. From my perspective, my job is to enforce the law. I can't make the law, it's really not my job to interpret it, it's just to enforce the law that's there."

It is widely speculated that voters will be given the chance to legalize recreational marijuana in a November 2016 ballot question.

The owner of one of the dispensaries, 31 Headshop, says he's planning to reopen his dispensary as soon as possible so his patients won't have to look elsewhere for medication.

All four defendants have been free on bond since their arrest last week.

They'll next be in court in two weeks.

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/dispensary-owners-formally-charged