Technology Plan

Well, I am not sure really. Point of Sale is one that would be important. I have read all of the emergency rules and don't see anything on what I would call typical Technology. What I want to do is become an approved Metrc/API vendor.

I see importance in Firewalls/routers. I see the API can be used on any internet device. Does this mean that a POS computer, workstation for things like business accounting, etc. would not be needed.

Apparently, guidelines for the technology plan are not in place yet. Do you know if any of the other states have had a technology plan requirement?

Thanks

53 minutes ago, Jim8b7 said:

Well, I am not sure really. Point of Sale is one that would be important. I have read all of the emergency rules and don't see anything on what I would call typical Technology. What I want to do is become an approved Metrc/API vendor.

I see importance in Firewalls/routers. I see the API can be used on any internet device. Does this mean that a POS computer, workstation for things like business accounting, etc. would not be needed.

Apparently, guidelines for the technology plan are not in place yet. Do you know if any of the other states have had a technology plan requirement?

Thanks

https://www.metrc.com/california

Guest Josh_Colton

This is the instruction given in the application. 

E. Technology Plan Provide an explanation in the space provided AND supplemental documentation demonstrating the applicant’s technology plan including (1) any third-party systems being used to interface with METRC; and (2) systems and procedures for internal loss/theft/destruction reporting.

I would recommend filling this out by providing some of the background documentation that you can obtain from METRC. I would also add additional information about the physical equipment you will use and any additional safety that you will employ. I think with all the medical information being stored on the retail side HIPPA becomes extremely important, but in any type of license I would highly recommend looking into the area of information security. Both in how you can prevent the physical storage device from being stolen or broken, but also how to prevent someone from hacking in. 

Be descriptive. (ex. We will maintain all technology used to store data in a locked file cabinet, that only the onsite supervisor will have access to.)

Thank you Josh. I will follow your good advice. I have pretty much done what you have suggested regarding including the 3rd Party POS and best practice to secure the network and back-ups. What background documentation can be obtained from Metrc. I have gone over their site completely and tried to communicate with them with out much response. Do you have a contact or a good way to communicate with Metrc?

Thanks Again

8 minutes ago, Jim8b7 said:

Thank you Josh. I will follow your good advice. I have pretty much done what you have suggested regarding including the 3rd Party POS and best practice to secure the network and back-ups. What background documentation can be obtained from Metrc. I have gone over their site completely and tried to communicate with them with out much response. Do you have a contact or a good way to communicate with Metrc?

Thanks Again

That link I posted has lots of ways to contact them. You must have missed it .....