Ph adjusting and nutrients dwc

caregiver123

Got some nice clones healthily progressing for the last several days in a dwc setup. I have tested the ph every other day and it seems to need adjusting that often. I feel like I am consistently dumping a cap full or more of ph down into my buckets to keep the ph between 5.5-6.5. They seem to creep close to 8 after 2 days.  Is this normal?  Should I continue to adjust the ph so vigorously?

Also, started using 1/2 strength nutrients so far.  Ppm around 600.  Do I just keep doubling the nutrients each week to go to 900, then 1200, etc?  Just not sure how often I should be adding these nutrients. Using general hydro floragro.

Thanks all!

7 hours ago, caregiver123 said:

Got some nice clones healthily progressing for the last several days in a dwc setup. I have tested the ph every other day and it seems to need adjusting that often. I feel like I am consistently dumping a cap full or more of ph down into my buckets to keep the ph between 5.5-6.5. They seem to creep close to 8 after 2 days.  Is this normal?  Should I continue to adjust the ph so vigorously?

Also, started using 1/2 strength nutrients so far.  Ppm around 600.  Do I just keep doubling the nutrients each week to go to 900, then 1200, etc?  Just not sure how often I should be adding these nutrients. Using general hydro floragro.

Thanks all!

Want to make sure you know that you are using a three part nute system, floragro is just one part. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:53 PM, caregiver123 said:

Yes I am using all three parts at half strength for the first week.  Gonna bump them up next week. They are responding well. Thanks for the chart. Is such an extreme regiment absolutely necessary?  I didn’t realize how many sub chemicals there are. 

You can just use the three main parts and do fantastically well with the right strains. 

9 minutes ago, caregiver123 said:

Hopefully my GG #4s will eat it up. My digital humidistat (which are notoriously unreliable) is reading less than 20% - this is my only other concern. The plants don’t seem to care at the moment, but I have read levels should be much higher for vegging. 

Humidity is the least of the concerns. Rig up a large flat res of water with a fan blowing on it to help humidity.