3% Excise Tax

15 minutes ago, zeebudz said:

I pay 6% sales tax at my dispensary. What is the deal about a 3% excise for medical m?

The 3% excise goes away in March. This tax was used to pay townships who opted in and to counties. And a couple other places the money went.

Resto says the 10% is only for recreational.

3 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

The 3% excise goes away in March. This tax was used to pay townships who opted in and to counties. And a couple other places the money went.

Resto says the 10% is only for recreational.

The trick to reading the bulletin is when it says MRTMA it means recreational.

Our township made the applicants for dispensaries and grows pay $5000 per application. 

We raked. Not sure where the money went. 

My old township was going to charge the $5000 application fee also. It seems to be the normal.

I moved north and then township opted out of the program for lack of support from the board members.

We were waiting for planning commission to set up guidelines, which they were stalling on since majority of members were against the program

They may address the issue at a later date though.

The $5000 fee was to be used for attorney fee's, planning commission fee's, zoning admin. fee's, and anything else that was needed. The money doesn't need to be put in a special fund.

44 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

My old township was going to charge the $5000 application fee also. It seems to be the normal.

I moved north and then township opted out of the program for lack of support from the board members.

We were waiting for planning commission to set up guidelines, which they were stalling on since majority of members were against the program

They may address the issue at a later date though.

The $5000 fee was to be used for attorney fee's, planning commission fee's, zoning admin. fee's, and anything else that was needed. The money doesn't need to be put in a special fund.

Yup, they missed the boat. Now they hang their hat on being better because they don't have dispensaries. When, in reality, they are perpetuating the wrongs done to us for decades. They are racking up some more bad karma. 

• 2 years later...

I am very happy that his tax was stopped in march of 2019. I moved to the United States, and here you need to pay taxes every day. I am a freelancer, and most of all, I get all my money directly on my debit card, so it transformed into a big problem. I had to prove the provenience of my money, and the transactions history of my debit card wasn't enough. I paid a significant fee and was close to getting to jail, and after that, I started to make paystubs every time I got some money from a client from freelancing.

Edited by AlannicSque

• 1 year later...