dirt growing in the same location every year

mishigami bear

I am currently growing outdoors in a 10' x 10' x 6' kennel with chicken wire on the top. The plants were planted directly in the ground, which is a sandy soil (I live in the dunes) that I amended with some finished compost and worm castings. The plants look great right now.

My question is about planting in the same location next year. Since I have invested in soil amendments and erected the kennel in that location, I would ideally like to reuse the same location for next summer's crop. Is there any known cannabis pathogen in the roots or soil that would make me not want to reuse the location?

10 hours ago, mishigami bear said:

I am currently growing outdoors in a 10' x 10' x 6' kennel with chicken wire on the top. The plants were planted directly in the ground, which is a sandy soil (I live in the dunes) that I amended with some finished compost and worm castings. The plants look great right now.

My question is about planting in the same location next year. Since I have invested in soil amendments and erected the kennel in that location, I would ideally like to reuse the same location for next summer's crop. Is there any known cannabis pathogen in the roots or soil that would make me not want to reuse the location?

As long as you didn't have problems the previous year,you should be good. Just continue adding soil conditioners and nutrient amendments after each season to keep it fertile. Rice hulls for aeration, green sand, langbinite, dolomite,compost, and earth worm cast are all good additions.

If you ever get fusarium, PM or root aphids, you would want to consider not using that patch anymore.

18 hours ago, mishigami bear said:

I did the same thing. Second year no problems. I left the roots and didn't grow in the exact same spot. Moved over a few feet. Lookin' good!