Ir Blocking

noctuanlreef

i was curious if anyone has used or experiemented with ultra touch radiant barrier? we are moving and rebuilding due to size needs, and want to basically set the new rooms up with IR blocking just for saftey sake. I found out some info on this product and apparently it's an aluminum base of some kind.. that's where i wasn't sure if it would have any effect on the plants. it's supposed to be mold and moisture resistant, sound resistant as well as thermal blocking capeable. we are building rooms inside of rooms and will not be insulating the rooms we are building which was another reason for this since it jumps R-values way up.

i was also thinking of laying two layers of 5/8" drywall for the new rooms we are building which would apparently give a large enough r-value to block the heat signature, which i am unsure of the true quality of that since drywalls r-values are under rated.

any suggestions? it's been a month since i've been on this site by the way it looks sweet hope the changes are easy to get used to...

yeah that's tru i can put it outside the walls but i wanted it to look non shady.. everything needs to be clean and un noticeable as possible on the outside.

As for heat issues, as long as you vent your grow room properly you should never have heat issues.. unless you in a attic in 90 degree wether with no cooling options then good venting will only do so much!! :) but for the most part when you build your grow room properly you want it air tight.. no heat should be leaking out or in ... that way you can always control everything properly as well as seal out all the bad crap and bugs that can come in through leaks and other things.

• 2 weeks later...

I am an insulation expert. Radiant barriers are made with a aluminum covering that reflects the signal back at itself, making the area INVISIBLE except where the heat is escaping. As long as your lights are blocked with radiant barrier from exterior view they cannot be detected. Menards and lowes carrys a really versatile radiant barrier called reflectix it is a double bubble packaging wrap that is foil covered, and is very durable. It can be used as a reflective material also. $40.00 a 4x25' roll. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

OH NO im a newbie on this site!! it sucks my old post count didn't upload!!!!

You can still find your old posts, but i cant remember where!?! Im to busy getting censoured or how ever the makiing whoopie you spell it! lol

bye the way welcome newbie!

Archived