Pain Out Of Nowhere...stormy Weather?

i woke up this morning with a dull ache that is getting worse and worse, have been noticing alot of

this with spring storms, not at all in the winter tho...any theories? I have a severe lumbar sprain

with fibromyalgia. Any strain suggestions to best deal with weather-related aches and pains?

Morning " christinax4 "

I've read the symptoms of fibromyalgia and i

can relate to some of those symptoms .

On Days that are cloudy outside my body seems to hurt more .

The last couple days it has been over-cast and rainy .

On Days like Today , i have found that Swampy's Free Leonard

seems to help the best for me . It seems to relax me enough

that my pain is 'nt as irritating .

Tarzan

that's a new one to me...generally my back pain does best with 100% indica but lately ive been experimenting with more 50/50 mixes, decent pain control with less anxiety/side effects. what is free leonard?

Free Leonard is G13 crossed with Butterscotch Hawaiian

Made by " Swampy " May he Rest in Peace

So it an indica and sativa

Here is Free Leonard by " rockinlespaul " Four weeks into flower....

Having fibromyalgia your body will react to damp weather. Your lucky that it's only in the spring / summer months you react to the damp weather. Mine will flare up with any weather changes, snow, rain or humidity. Indicas work best for me with fibro flares. I make tinctures and the pain relief seems to last much longer same for edibles.

Dizz

i woke up this morning with a dull ache that is getting worse and worse, have been noticing alot of

this with spring storms, not at all in the winter tho...any theories? I have a severe lumbar sprain

with fibromyalgia. Any strain suggestions to best deal with weather-related aches and pains?

Christina - I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I can tell you 3-4 days in advance of a strong storm coming (especially spring and fall). My Doc tells me this is a quite a common occurrence with RA, Fibro, etc. He calls them the 'reactive diseases' (there is a 'reactive' type of arthritis also... I sometimes wonder if I have a little of that also).

Soft tissues, liquids, and dissolved gasses expand when the barometric pressure drops, which is the case with nasty weather. Bone tissue does not. Subsequently, when the barometer drops, the soft tissues, to include nerves, expand. Those that pass through interskeletal spaces, such as spinal foramina, are subject to increased presure and impingement of those tissues where those inter skeletal spaces have been diminished due to disease, such as osteoartritis or degenerative disease, which causes narrowing of those spaces. The pressure results in increased pain. You will find that these problems are least common at sea level. An empty plastic pop bottle will be crushed flat if opened at about 10,000 feet, capped, and taken down to sea level.

Soft tissues that have been damaged, as in the case of neuropathy or myofascial pain, can be irritated because there is often widespread small scale scarring within muscle and nerve fibers and in the fascia that is the thin membrane that surrounds muscles, that does not expand as readily as healthy tissue. There is a snowball effect in that your tissues react to the pain and tighten up, resulting in more pain.

Strains that are indica dominant are best for these conditions. Free Leonard is an excellent choice. A nice Kush is great. Keep in mind that, depending on the severity of the condition, sativa influenced strains can be adequate. They tend to let you function and get things done, rather than loaf around and eat cheetos.

im on lyrica, cymbalta, symbyak, savella, and neurontin. But no pain pills! just mj and flexoril. yup. got back problems, too...

did they trick you into taking cymbalta by saying it helps with some of the nerves in your back? get off of them unless you need them for depression or anxiety. and the neurontins are very old school, they are basicaly the same thing as all of the other neuro blockers, that one is supposed to tell your brain that your back doesnt hurt, me personaly I couldnt take them, they confused the hell out of me, and I was use to taking loratabs at the time, flexirils help when you have muscle problems, I cant do them at nite they make me wrestless, but i can take them if I need to in the day time. I was on heavy pain and head meds for over 12 yrs, now i only use mm, mostly just like i did my pain meds, 1 time 4 times daily, if i need more i do more!! now i am in charge of my pain medication and my pain medication is no longer in charge of me!

Peace!

Soft tissues, liquids, and dissolved gasses expand when the barometric pressure drops, which is the case with nasty weather. Bone tissue does not. Subsequently, when the barometer drops, the soft tissues, to include nerves, expand. Those that pass through interskeletal spaces, such as spinal foramina, are subject to increased presure and impingement of those tissues where those inter skeletal spaces have been diminished due to disease, such as osteoartritis or degenerative disease, which causes narrowing of those spaces. The pressure results in increased pain. You will find that these problems are least common at sea level. An empty plastic pop bottle will be crushed flat if opened at about 10,000 feet, capped, and taken down to sea level.

Soft tissues that have been damaged, as in the case of neuropathy or myofascial pain, can be irritated because there is often widespread small scale scarring within muscle and nerve fibers and in the fascia that is the thin membrane that surrounds muscles, that does not expand as readily as healthy tissue. There is a snowball effect in that your tissues react to the pain and tighten up, resulting in more pain.

Strains that are indica dominant are best for these conditions. Free Leonard is an excellent choice. A nice Kush is great. Keep in mind that, depending on the severity of the condition, sativa influenced strains can be adequate. They tend to let you function and get things done, rather than loaf around and eat cheetos.

Yea what he said!

Archived