Water Ph?

Santas_Helper

I shoot for about a 5.5pH, should this be changed up or down at diff stages of growth? Cloner-Veg-Flower. I use Clonex for cloner, use Super Thive for veg, and Beastie Bloomz for flower and yes I always add these before I pH test. Plz share your wisdom on this newbie question. Thank you all.

Well SantasHelper, Really 5.5 pH would be good for your typical hydro set up. Or even growing in some CoCo's. But if I were growing in soil, then I would keep it between 6.0 - 6.8. :D

I personally don't fluctuate the pH between life cycles...But if you really want to dial things in you can observe a trusty pH chart like this one. >>> PH CHART

Then maybe you could shift it slightly one way or another to increase absorption of specific nutrients.

I keep my ph around 5.5 for clones/seedlings for about the first week, then change it up to 6.2 for the rest of the plants life. This has worked out well for me over the years, but I will admit I am far from the most experienced on this board...

Good luck to you!

I use 7.0 and let the medium be slightly acidic with soil. My hydro is around 5.5 - 6 My Coco Coir isn't adjusted.

I adjust hydroponically about 1/4 tsp. Organic food grade PH down for every 4-4.5 gallons of water. I'm letting my DWC acclimate as we speak.

I have coco and stick to a range between 5.5 -5.8 -

Here is another chart I have used for years.

1_ph_range.jpg

What system do you use? Are you doing Coco Coir with drippers?

That's what I'd like to do. Right now I'm running Coco Coir with handwaterings for my mother plants.

I'd like to go with 1/4 gph drippers and timers and feed light daily with an aerated solution.

I feed with light molasses and sea kelp and I think the drippers can handle it fine, athough untested on this end.

My Coco runs about 50/50 with perlite. Someties more, sometimes less. Trying different mixes in 1 gallon containers. Slowly, but surely...

What system do you use? Are you doing Coco Coir with drippers?

That's what I'd like to do. Right now I'm running Coco Coir with handwaterings for my mother plants.

I'd like to go with 1/4 gph drippers and timers and feed light daily with an aerated solution.

I feed with light molasses and sea kelp and I think the drippers can handle it fine, athough untested on this end.

My Coco runs about 50/50 with perlite. Someties more, sometimes less. Trying different mixes in 1 gallon containers. Slowly, but surely...

Gday GL, I use a E&B system, with 100% coco, in 8 ltr pots. I flood twice a day for 15mins. I do not top feed nor do I foliar. You will find the coco will "wick" the water up. I find mixing coco with perlite is not efficient, you do not have water retention and also I find that the pots get light and I have had plants fallen over. So my rec is 100% coco. I have however used a canna terra soil mix also which we use 50% terra and 50% coco (with good result) . This was done to experiment with "buffering". (can explain).

You will find that the molasses over time will block up your "drippers" so keep an eye on that, when I used molasses in aero we would clean "sprayers" every 2 weeks or so.

Drippers are fine to top feed. I prefer my method as it is impervious to mould on the top of the soil (coco)as I run higher humidity than I should so mould has always been a problem for me. (though the green mould build up is usually harmless to the plants)

In the end I am a coco grower through and through.

Hoped that helped.

Gday GL, I use a E&B system, with 100% coco, in 8 ltr pots. I flood twice a day for 15mins. I do not top feed nor do I foliar. You will find the coco will "wick" the water up. I find mixing coco with perlite is not efficient, you do not have water retention and also I find that the pots get light and I have had plants fallen over. So my rec is 100% coco. I have however used a canna terra soil mix also which we use 50% terra and 50% coco (with good result) . This was done to experiment with "buffering". (can explain).

You will find that the molasses over time will block up your "drippers" so keep an eye on that, when I used molasses in aero we would clean "sprayers" every 2 weeks or so.

Drippers are fine to top feed. I prefer my method as it is impervious to mould on the top of the soil (coco)as I run higher humidity than I should so mould has always been a problem for me. (though the green mould build up is usually harmless to the plants)

In the end I am a coco grower through and through.

Hoped that helped.

Great info! what every one realy needs to know is, every strain is a little different, dont be afraid to experiment a little, as far as dirt growing, I have never had any luck, I find it just to easy to do the hydro., honestly accept for my first attempt with a 400 watt bulb I always had a good yeild and awsome quality. and when i moved to a 600 wat omg it was unbeleivable, im looking forward to the 1000 watters now, I have the space and Im looking forward to growing some giants in the future! but like i said in another post, Im gonna grow next door to you! all of you, and im not using any kinda exhaust fan, I love the smell, its better than lillacs in the spring!

Great info! what every one realy needs to know is, every strain is a little different, dont be afraid to experiment a little, as far as dirt growing, I have never had any luck, I find it just to easy to do the hydro., honestly accept for my first attempt with a 400 watt bulb I always had a good yeild and awsome quality. and when i moved to a 600 wat omg it was unbeleivable, im looking forward to the 1000 watters now, I have the space and Im looking forward to growing some giants in the future! but like i said in another post, Im gonna grow next door to you! all of you, and im not using any kinda exhaust fan, I love the smell, its better than lillacs in the spring!

Agreed all genetics are different. We know the basic keys to a good grow is: Light, medium, feed.

Outdoor IMO is much easier than hydro, I would be happy to share some tips just email me with questions if you like.

I hope the grow gods are with you all this summer, and good luck Phaquetoo !

Regards

Ian

Archived