Hydro Help

placek

Help me. New to the hydro and I thought all was well one week in and strong looking. Some leaners so I lowered the lights to keep from getting

reaching... I have to lift the basket or edge to adjust the watand PH and thought maybe that may have hurt the plants... Careful to touch and I serilize always...Yesterday I added nutrients and the stems on some went white instead of a purple. Most look still ok MOther bin (temps) and one half of the babies. Stems are 4 inches long and on their beginning there second sprout. The largest ones have all layed over and the stems are white. I'm using Cal-MAg Plus,Liquid Karma,Pure Blend Pro Veg all to 1500ppm first week and adj to 2000ppm second PH 5.1-5.9. Amount in Nutrient I got are MH's formulas that were reduced from 18 gals to 10 gal. Light cycle is 20-4. I was watering at every 4hrs.changed to 8hrs. incase..bubblers 24/7. I do not want to loose my patients supply. I never do Hydro but I was asked so I could teach and surrender all setups over in a years time...Helping to make him self suffcient.(Yes I get removed)..Please help.. post-13580-12711809719782_thumb.jpg

Help me. New to the hydro and I thought all was well one week in and strong looking. Some leaners so I lowered the lights to keep from getting

reaching... I have to lift the basket or edge to adjust the watand PH and thought maybe that may have hurt the plants... Careful to touch and I serilize always...Yesterday I added nutrients and the stems on some went white instead of a purple. Most look still ok MOther bin (temps) and one half of the babies. Stems are 4 inches long and on their beginning there second sprout. The largest ones have all layed over and the stems are white. I'm using Cal-MAg Plus,Liquid Karma,Pure Blend Pro Veg all to 1500ppm first week and adj to 2000ppm second PH 5.1-5.9. Amount in Nutrient I got are formulas that were reduced from 18 gals to 10 gal. Light cycle is 20-4. I was watering at every 4hrs.changed to 8hrs. incase..bubblers 24/7. I do not want to loose my patients supply. I never do Hydro but I was asked so I could teach and surrender all setups over in a years time...Helping to make him self suffcient.(Yes I get removed)..Please help.. post-13580-12711809719782_thumb.jpg

i don't do hydro but they don't look good i hope some one here will help you i sure they will

I have had the same issue with a few in a aero garden.. they look great one day then down the next. I was able to just stake them up and then set them deeper on the next re-poting

Thanks I did set the two (temp) Mothers deeper and they look fine......the ones pic has its root down to solution already. Otherare just getting out of basket. What's best to prop with?

They're clones? or from seed? Just curious. Have you ever grown anything?

They only really need small amounts of Nutes right now and mainly water. Seriously I start at 50 ppm after the clones/seedlings show advanced roots and just after they have shown new growth up top. Then up it slowly to about 1200 for normal vegeing. Ramping up to aboout 1500 to start flower to 2100+ late flower. Not familiar with Veg All you mentioned. CalMag and Lq Karma are supplements. You need balanced nutrition regimen Like GH, Techni-Flora, etc.

Ideal pH is 5.6 for hydro. It will continue to drift up throughout Vegeing, tilll late in flower it might taper off, you'll have to stay on it daily. Good Luck, grass - hopper ....

They're clones? or from seed? Just curious. Have you ever grown anything?

They only really need small amounts of Nutes right now and mainly water. Seriously I start at 50 ppm after the clones/seedlings show advanced roots and just after they have shown new growth up top. Then up it slowly to about 1200 for normal vegeing. Ramping up to aboout 1500 to start flower to 2100+ late flower. Not familiar with Veg All you mentioned. CalMag and Lq Karma are supplements. You need balanced nutrition regimen Like GH, Techni-Flora, etc.

Ideal pH is 5.6 for hydro. It will continue to drift up throughout Vegeing, tilll late in flower it might taper off, you'll have to stay on it daily. Good Luck, grass - hopper ....

They are from his seed stock. Yes about 40 years ago as a young buck in Florida and got lots of big 8fters in dirt....

one week (7 dys) water only. They have advanced roots runs. I'm to high on nutrient to soon? This is what I feel from your statement.

Thanks. As it states NEW TO HYDRO.......

I have had the same issue with a few in a aero garden.. they look great one day then down the next. I was able to just stake them up and then set them deeper on the next re-poting

I found a new use for my kids straws. I like the bendable part works great. no strings.

post-13580-12712118074128_thumb.jpg

Stems are 4 inches long and on their beginning there second sprout. The largest ones have all layed over and the stems are white. I'm using Cal-MAg Plus,Liquid Karma,Pure Blend Pro Veg all to 1500ppm first week and adj to 2000ppm second PH 5.1-5.9. Amount in Nutrient I got are MH's formulas that were reduced from 18 gals to 10 gal. Light cycle is 20-4. I was watering at every 4hrs.changed to 8hrs. incase..bubblers 24/7.

Back off on your nutes/ additives , they are babies ! I use only PH`ed water for first 2 weeks of life of a cutting, then slowly introduce basic nutrient and maybe touch of super thrive (vitamin shot). These little guys sound like they are getting punished. They are still way to small to be using the likes of CAL MAG and liquid karma.

Best advise I can give a newbie :

K.I.S.S (the plants) = Keep it simple stupid.

Plants are dynamic, and will store most of what is needed to grow. You have taken these from what I assume was healthy mothers, so in doing that you have brought along many hormones and nutrient/micro.

a. the plant dose not need additives yet.

b. It will save you money.

IMO, back off on your "additives" and stick with basic nutes at this stage of its life. I will use basic natural hormones at this stage like NAA, IBA, IAA in very small doses. You are looking to create ROOT system not growth at this stage!!!!!

IMO back of your light cycle as well , plants need to rest. Bring it down to 18/6. Majority of hormones are INACTIVE during "lights on" so good dark periods are NEEDED.

PH= 5.1 PH is WAY TO LOW. Stick to a range between 5.5 - 5.8 ( your PH is likely a big PART of your problem, if you are letting drift to 5.9 or as low as 5.1 .)

I would have to agree with others to back off the nutes. The first three weeks from seed or cutting you should still be using Clonex or something similar for starting plants. If you don't have that a basic flowerering nutrient very diluted will work. It's high on the K and will encourage root development.

I had a similar problem with stretch when I first got started. Based on RIU advice, I took straws and cut them to the length of the stem. Then cut a slit longways so you can wrap the straw around the stem and support it like a cast until it can support its own weight. I've got a picture of it on my pc - need to start a gallary I guess.

Thanks all great advice. Love the learning process. UP dates by the week..Learning keeps me fresh up there....Never know what I'll find in life...But one thing is sure.......Passionate growers are for sure.......LOve back. :)

I think your primary problem is that you are using jiffy pellets in a hydro setup. I made the same mistake once...got tired of paying the big bucks for rapid rooters so I used some jiffy pellets I had laying around. Big mistake. The peat stays soggy, and the stems stay weak. You will be fighting this problem until your plants have a big root system.

1. i would not start them in that systeam! (it a great systeam but not for a seedling)

2.(1) seed per pod

3.use a softer light like fluoresent

4.u dont need that much nut. 6 weeks in rather then for a seed!

5 use steam distiled water to pop those beans, that it no more mybe like the other guy said some vitimin b

6. and rember fertilizer companies want u to use alot so u will buy more(less is more), that going to verry on environment/co2

7. read the plants they will tell u

8.good luck

hope this helps B)

reaching... I have to lift the basket or edge to adjust the watand PH and thought maybe that may have hurt the plants... Careful to touch and I serilize always...Yesterday I added nutrients and the stems on some went white instead of a purple. Most look still ok MOther bin (temps) and one half of the babies. Stems are 4 inches long and on their beginning there second sprout. The largest ones have all layed over and the stems are white. I'm using Cal-MAg Plus,Liquid Karma,Pure Blend Pro Veg all to 1500ppm first week and adj to 2000ppm second PH 5.1-5.9. Amount in Nutrient I got are MH's formulas that were reduced from 18 gals to 10 gal. Light cycle is 20-4. I was watering at every 4hrs.changed to 8hrs. incase..bubblers 24/7. I do not want to loose my patients supply. I never do Hydro but I was asked so I could teach and surrender all setups over in a years time...Helping to make him self suffcient.(Yes I get removed)..Please help.. post-13580-12711809719782_thumb.jpg

http://www.stinkbuddies.com/knowledge.htm is a link to an aeroponic system you can build yourself and all instructions as to what ppm you will need and ph to have for every stage of growth. very informative and allows you to grow 1ld every 3weeks or can be modified to your own requirements

Archived