Hello

Hi y'all. I'm new and this site is so helpful. I'm trying to find a doctor who will help me get certified. I've read through the forums and the amount of information is staggering. Thank you for being so open about things. Hopefully I can find a doctor willing to help me out. :)

Go to your general doctor. You do not need a special doctor. The doctors on web sites charge insane money to sign a document and are just trying to cash in on the sick (scammers). Your Doctor should have no problem signing if you have a need. Remember you should not have to pay to get your license, other than an office visit. It could not be easier.

Greetings loriraine and welcome to MMMA.

Reading through your post you have some of the same symptoms that occurred for me about 10 years into my illness. Well to tell the truth I have a lot more going on but.... you just try to make each day the best that you can. There are several clinics that cater to MMJ specifically. There are many listed on this site as well as in the Michigan Medical Marijuana Magazine and a paper that I believe is called the Midwest Gardener (free at many hydro shops). You may also want to think about changing your regular doc to someone who is more open minded. I would hate to think there was something out there that might help me and my doctor withheld the treatment.

My doc does treat with narcotics and in fact they are part of the standard regime for chronic pain according to the folks that offer Continuing Medical Education (CME) training for physicians. That training is accredited by the AMA and I believe is part of the University of Virginia specifically.

If you tell us where you are located perhaps we can give you some direct recommendations. You will find this a friendly crowd. Hope to meet you at one of the compassion club meetings.

A suggestion that worked for me: try some sudoku, just the very easy stuff will do, and on a daily basis. It will help keep you brain active and working and it did wonders for my short term memory problems and best of all it is free on the web. websudoku.com Each Sudoku has a unique solution that can be reached logically without guessing. Enter digits from 1 to 9 into the blank spaces. Every row must contain one of each digit. So must every column, as must every 3x3 square.

Try our interactive Sudoku tutorials.

Welcome again and please, be as well as you can and don't forget; keep smiling. It really does work.

Dee

I just read "your doctor wont even talk about MM". You need a new doctor, Dee is right. It sounds like you are taking some Gabapentin / Lyrica they destroy your memory. I see many different Doctors and they all are for MM. Any good pain Doctor will recommend MM as it helps get you off the opiates. For pain I find that only Indica's help me, a Sativa actually makes my pain worse. Why are people having a hard time getting a card? If you have a legitimate reason no Doctor should turn you down. Loriraine were do you live I can recommend a Doctor that wont charge you for a card.

Thank you guys. You are amazing people. I live in Eaton County, my Nurse Practitioner is agreed less then helpful. She likes to think that its all in my head. Thus round after round of anti-depressants. Im not on opiates. she doesn't prescribe me pain relievers. Something about giving someone something addictive when they have addictive traits. My mother is an alcoholic and I have used alcohol to try and sleep/ numb the pain. I'd like to think shes doing what she feels is the right course of action but I'm starting to think otherwise. Anyway. you all have been uber helpful so far. I've gotten many suggestions and much support. You are all amazing. Lol i just realized i repeated myself. darn memory. Currently I'm not on anything. The Cymbalta made me ill. Selexa wasnt covered by my insurance and didnt help a whole lot. Been on well-butrin and i think at least one other. tired of pharmaceuticals with nasty side effects. want natural. i'm following up on some suggestions by some of you and hopefully late next week i'll have a plan of action. :)

Oh more specifically i live in Lansing.

Archived