I Know Almost Nothing :(

tooldini

I am building an addition on my house which consists of a garage that will have a 12X24 attic with 7.5' ceilings 3/4" flooring. I am most certain I will get my card so I want to grow my own. What should I do to get more knowledgable and will the attic be ok to grow in. Should I get own of those grow tents to keep the climate more in control. I assume it will get hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Were is my best source for reading and info?

thanks

Jeff

Very doubtfull you can control the heat in your attic mine gets well over 110 during hot days i have a whole house attic fan but still temps are way out of range to grow so i chose a deep corner in my basement maybe using a stand alone air conditioner might bring the temps down enough to grow in .

As for learning how to grow your own you want to start reading up on as much as you can on growing cannabis in dirt which i would recommend for a beginner hit your local grow shop and pick up some pots and some pro soil mix like fox farm ocean forest.

You then decide on what type of lighting you will use most like myself use fluorecents for vegetating the plant then you can go to ebay and buy a 400 watt or bigger HPS grow lamp to flower your plants with i recommend high tech garden supply for all your needs very cheap prices with awesome customer service and discreet shipping.

Another thing i have multiple sites i utilized for my growing info anything you need to know to grow medical quality bud can be found on the web. B)

Basement is the spot as it's the easiest to control. Attic will work but you'll spend alot of cash on heat and r/h issues. Summer it will be WAY to hot and WAY to cold in the winter. It can work but will cost ya trying to control.As far as info on growing. Well,,,,,, get ta readin

Very doubtfull you can control the heat in your attic mine gets well over 110 during hot days i have a whole house attic fan but still temps are way out of range to grow so i chose a deep corner in my basement maybe using a stand alone air conditioner might bring the temps down enough to grow in .

As for learning how to grow your own you want to start reading up on as much as you can on growing cannabis in dirt which i would recommend for a beginner hit your local grow shop and pick up some pots and some pro soil mix like fox farm ocean forest.

You then decide on what type of lighting you will use most like myself use fluorecents for vegetating the plant then you can go to ebay and buy a 400 watt or bigger HPS grow lamp to flower your plants with i recommend high tech garden supply for all your needs very cheap prices with awesome customer service and discreet shipping.

Another thing i have multiple sites i utilized for my growing info anything you need to know to grow medical quality bud can be found on the web. cool.gif

I say try it, put a good exhaust fan up there, hope fuly you have the gable end vents, if not put one in one each side, so you can blow out old air and suck in new and use a good fan on your girls, in the winter time have a timer for a big enough heater to heat the area up when the lites are not on.

Im not saying any advise you have gotten so far is rite or wrong, in fact I beleive they are all rite for them, you have to remember mm is grown in climates that are hotter than it will get up there, you will need to keep the humidity in check, maybe a little myster will also help!

experiment, try a sea of green up there this summer, why not start rite now! have fun with it

you will decide wher it workds best for you!

Good luck!

Jim

Thanks everyone, it will kinda have to be in the attic. My wife isn't so keen on the whole MM thing anyway LOL I think she will be happy once she seems how much better I am gonna do. The whole garage is roughed in, so I can make walls and totally close it in. It seems if needed I could get some heat and cold air up there. Right now there will be ridge vents in the roof. Couldn't I make it work with a grow tent if needed? I'll figure it out when the time comes. I have some reading to do. I love learning about this stuff it is very interesting.

I say try it, put a good exhaust fan up there, hope fuly you have the gable end vents, if not put one in one each side, so you can blow out old air and suck in new and use a good fan on your girls, in the winter time have a timer for a big enough heater to heat the area up when the lites are not on.

Im not saying any advise you have gotten so far is rite or wrong, in fact I beleive they are all rite for them, you have to remember mm is grown in climates that are hotter than it will get up there, you will need to keep the humidity in check, maybe a little myster will also help!

experiment, try a sea of green up there this summer, why not start rite now! have fun with it

you will decide wher it workds best for you!

Good luck!

Jim

Thanks everyone, it will kinda have to be in the attic. My wife isn't so keen on the whole MM thing anyway LOL I think she will be happy once she seems how much better I am gonna do. The whole garage is roughed in, so I can make walls and totally close it in. It seems if needed I could get some heat and cold air up there. Right now there will be ridge vents in the roof. Couldn't I make it work with a grow tent if needed? I'll figure it out when the time comes. I have some reading to do. I love learning about this stuff it is very interesting.

I know nothing of a grow tent! and I realy dont want to know anything about one. Im sure there are lots that use them, but it is not for me, I have never had a problem with weather, its not like you dont look at your girls everyday, you almost have to or you will miss something, it is an awsome thing to watch the wee grow, much better than watching the grass grow (no punn intended) I used to grow in a garage no heat and I put plants in a big storage locker i got from one of my jobs, it got cold as hell at nite and I got some good yeild out of them plants, personaly if i was starting my first grow, any where, I would do a sea of green first, I would have my clones ready as soon as i put them in bloom, for the next batch and my yeild would determine if i was going to do it again, I never did a sea of green and I most def am going to do that first in my new grow room, that is going to be in the house next door to you! all of you! lol!

i love my grow tent i can control the temp and if its your first time and just growing for yourself there is nothing wrong with them but in and attic u will need to watch for the heat in summer and cold in winter but as far as a grow tent goes they are great i have had no problem with mine and u can also control the smell alot better because of the vents that the tent has hook up the ducting right to the tent love mine and its great good luck

Archived