Lies **todays Meeting In Lansing

welj31

I for one will keep 'voting my conscience'.

Having sound 'openly divulged' information FROM EITHER SIDE is the only way ANY person can make a decision about providing support.

So I will just keep doing what I do... the best I know how, and I'll spend my time and energy upon things and situations that I have more 'open' information about.

Dramas played out behind closed curtains hold NO fascination for me.

And my comments are directed ONLY to the confusion that centers around the 'Appropriations Investigations Subcommittee' that was supposed to be held on the 15th of April.

It would be greatly appreciated if these comments were not 'taken or used out of context' and not applied to any other situation or issue, because they are NOT directed toward any other issue or situation .

Be well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the world was that simple. I had no idea how bad the situation was until today. What your saying is to view this problem with tunnel vision. I guess I find the reasons for the destruction of 3MED and the lies and deception concerning the committee as two related events, because they are. A huge hole was knocked into our support system, and an organization trying to emerge as a leader in our community is using tactics only heard about in third world countries. I think this is a serious situation that is not limited in scope.

'Cannabis' will ALWAYS get my support.

And a person's view, 'tunnel visioned' or otherwise can only be expanded by receiving information.

And since WHEN has the situation NOT been bad?

And I'm always open to receiving ANY information, good... bad... yours or anyone else's.

I know for one I am listening...

But I think it won't be anything that most us don't already know... or at least have suspected.

But as I said, as long as this 'mysterious information' stays behind closed curtains I will as I have been... just keep doing the best 'activism' I know how.

Peace to you and be well.

Kind of in the dark about what is going on so far. I have some idea but not up on it all. We are having our club meeting this Sunday and would like to be able to present more information to the group. Joe, if you like please PM me with what ever information you feel comfortable in giving me..Later BobC

Once could be a mistake. Twice in two weeks is a lie. Strong Arm tatics are unforgivable. The details will eventually make the loop. To say this is a horrofic story is an understatement.

I was only aware of the one incident that happened with the sub-committee meeting. To which other one are you referring? I'm pretty sure i'm on at least one mailing list with you on it, and have access to similar information in that respect.

As a group, we tend to let speculations run out of control. Especially when a couple people start running with ideas, and then the next person reads them and presents it as fact; and then whole process spirals out of control.

I'm not trying to undermine or reduce the significance of what happened.

I'm just saying, lets not get ahead of ourselves, before we get our facts straight. She (mary) has been involved in politics for quite awhile. I don't want to underestimate her ability to write/talk rhetoric. I also don't want to throw her under the bus without a good reason. A good response for why what happened happened is needed from her.

Were all in this together; don't forget that.

TFB

TFB... Just like you... I don't mind getting excited over something... But I 'ALWAYS' like to know 'WHY' I'm being asked to GET excited. A little something I learned from being in the military for a while.

Just like everyone else I'm always glad to put myself out there for a good reason... but I WON'T put myself on the front line unless I know WHY I'm being asked to be there.

And if my asking WHY is a problem.... well...

Hey people-

There appears to have been a lot of misunderstanding about the meetings of the House Appropriations Committee's Subcommittees on Investigations, as well as the subcommitte on the DCH budget this past week. There are a couple of institutional quirks that you should keep in mind, and recent events have displayed a wide variety of them. Hopefully this note will explain a few things.

First, the Appropriations Committee, and the subcommittees chaired by Rep. Cushingberry, meet at the call of the chair, which means there is no generally fixed meeting time. Next, the agendas at any given committee meeting are subject to change virtually without notice. By this I mean change in bills to be considered, testimony to be taken, or subjects to be considered.

Rep. Cushingberry announced this meeting from the chair at the last Investigations Subcommittee meeting. Subsequently, the announcement was made at the appropriate website at michiganlegislature.org that the meeting was on the schedule, with a number of topics for testimony.

Shortly after this, the announcement was changed such that the entire meeting would revolve around the Detroit Schools, the Emergency Financial Manager was expected to testify. So at this time, a note was sent to many people to NOT attend the meeting. This note was reasonable at that time, in my opinion.

Then, just as I met with a couple of folks in Battle Creek, it was announced that Rep Cushingberry had been hospitalized (it turns out with high blood pressure). The subcommittee meeting was then summarily cancelled.

The next day, and they are all running together in my head now, it turned out that Rep. Cushingberry's health permitted the rescheduling of the hearing, and apparently it occurred yesterday as scheduled. I was not there, but I have no reason to believe that any topic other than the Detroit Schools was discussed.

However, there was a more important meeting on Wednesday at 8 am, the Subcommittee on DCH budget took testimony from the Department on its proposed 2010-11 budget. On a scale of 1-10, this stuff is a 37. This meeting was an overview of the budget, with particular attention being paid to the Medicaid budget. No mention was made of the MMP.

The MMP was mentioned in the budget bill, though. In conjunction with the report issued March 1, there are several significant issues that need to be addressed. I will try to provide a brief review of it tomorrow during, and maybe prior to, the rally.

To to summarize, I don't think anyone lied about anything in this transaction, but there was an entirely avoidable lack of clarity about the very confusing process and outcome of the Investigations subcommittee. More alarming to me was that the DCH subcommittee meeting didn't have anyone from the community present whom I recognized. But there is a long way to go before the appropriations process ends; taking immediate steps to enlist competent guidance to help establish clear goals, and expected outcomes would be a good first step towards achieving tangible benefits for patients, caregivers, and others invested in the success of the MMP.

I watched the committee meeting notices and agenda, posted at michiganlegislature.org, every half hour for a couple days. I based my choice not to go solely on that. No offense, but this is the last place I would go for authoritative information about legislative actions. The Detroit Public Schools were discussed at the meeting. The MMP was not.

welj31, Cindy and 3MD...

NO 'person... group of people... or ANY organization' should EVER dictate to ANYONE who they can be affiliated or associated with.

ANY person, group or organization that uses those types of tactics will NOT win.... that WILL BE GUARANTEED!

ANY person, group or organization that changes the MMJ LAW as it was voted in by at least 62% of the people will do so at their own political loss.

And Blueberry, ex-Marine..? so am I... tally ho...

Be well

Greg, I am confused. You asked to be the Exec. Director of the MMMA last week and now your bashing our organization??? Last night you weren't sure and this morning you were hitting the refresh key. You were the one that told the MMMA Board that Cushingberry was sick and that was the reason MMJ would not be discussed. Then Cushingberry shows up.

This is the problem. Everyone that claims to be a lobbyist gave us bad information about the meeting. We were informed by email that there would be no meeting and told in person the reason was Cushingberry was in the hospital. We're a hell of a lot more accurate on this board than that. In Fact we had made almost every meeting state wide until we started depending on information provided by lobbyist.

Finally we find out that one of our organizations has been bullied out of existence by a group that is controlled by a lobbyist. I guess us poor old activist, just can't stand up in the world of political intrigue. Not!

Hmmmm? Might need to go back to what worked.

Just a thought.

HI Everyone>>>!!!!

I am a new member but have been observing for some time... I try to attend as many rallies and protests as I can find. I can tell you that the information out there is hard to find!!! You have to search forums and dig around to find any info at all. The various sites like mmma and some others are very limited... We need an info site that has just the facts about meetings,news,and events. Just the facts!!! We need better information and a better way to get more people involved. Strength is in numbers!!! We need a better and easier way to get the word to people who are not already members and people who are not caregivers and patients. But who support the MMMA... I propose a new website that is easy to navigate and easy to understand that will inform people how to get involved!!! I propose buying,funding,and building a dedicated website that is devoted to keeping MICHIGANDERS up to date on the movement and how they can help. If anyone has any suggestions and would like to help or support, please email me. www.info@miprocare.com Thank you...>>>!!!

Obstructionism, obfuscation, distortion, repetitive lying....are ya'll startin to realize that you get what you deserve when you let less than half the electorate consistently decide local, state and even some federal elections?

VOTE VOTE VOTE and yell at anyone spouting off with the bull bunny muffin whine about "voting is useless" etc

Obstructionism, obfuscation, distortion, repetitive lying....are ya'll startin to realize that you get what you deserve when you let less than half the electorate consistently decide local, state and even some federal elections?

VOTE VOTE VOTE and yell at anyone spouting off with the bull bunny muffin whine about "voting is useless" etc

M. Dutch... Nicely put...

Vote them OUT or AT LEAST attempt to vote someone IN that will get the hell out of the way when the people have spoken.

AND vote LOCALLY when you can on your sheriffs, district attorneys and JUDGES. They're the local pols that are DIRECTLY kicking us in the butt when it comes to our rights related to MMJ.

If WE are expected to follow the 'law'... AND the RULES... SO should our Reps, sheriffs, LEOs and judges.

Thanks for the post.

I have been trying to follow all of this....

One thing about committees and sub committees is their agendas change in a moments notice and if they are anything like local government, items can be added to the agenda the day of the meeting. Before I became a local official I attended every meeting I could. We had an established group of residents who wanted change within our community. We made sure at least one of us were at every meeting to "lobby" our cause. We also took a small voice activated recorder with us to record these meetings. We would also obtain by FOIA a copy of the meeting minutes to compare against our recording for accuracy. You wouldn't be suprised at how they can twist motions to suit them within their minutes or have things left out.

We absolutely need one source of information as to when the meetings and rallies take place. Perhaps they are posted here on this web site and I've over looked it.

Being a newer member here I would like to know who represents us in Lansing? Is it one or a few of our members here? I see this incident has caused a great deal of concern. About the best advice I can offer is each and everyone of us needs to keep tract of the meetings and at the very least attend the meetings even if MM is not on the agenda. "OUR" presence there make a statement especially if MM is not on the agenda...it shows them we monitor every move they are making.

I would like to know why Mary and Vic seem to have so much power, enough power to cause 3MED to shut down?

I have been trying to follow all of this....

One thing about committees and sub committees is their agendas change in a moments notice and if they are anything like local government, items can be added to the agenda the day of the meeting. Before I became a local official I attended every meeting I could. We had an established group of residents who wanted change within our community. We made sure at least one of us were at every meeting to "lobby" our cause. We also took a small voice activated recorder with us to record these meetings. We would also obtain by FOIA a copy of the meeting minutes to compare against our recording for accuracy. You wouldn't be suprised at how they can twist motions to suit them within their minutes or have things left out.

We absolutely need one source of information as to when the meetings and rallies take place. Perhaps they are posted here on this web site and I've over looked it.

Being a newer member here I would like to know who represents us in Lansing? Is it one or a few of our members here? I see this incident has caused a great deal of concern. About the best advice I can offer is each and everyone of us needs to keep tract of the meetings and at the very least attend the meetings even if MM is not on the agenda. "OUR" presence there make a statement especially if MM is not on the agenda...it shows them we monitor every move they are making.

I would like to know why Mary and Vic seem to have so much power, enough power to cause 3MED to shut down?

Dizle... Thanks for the insight and information.

I believe as you do... if we are going to be pro-active on MMJ matters we have to have ALL the info we can get... OR if we are being ASKED to react to an MMJ related issue.

Mary (lobbyist) and Vic (?), or anyone else, are only going to have the influence people allow them to have by giving them credibility... and their ideas MAY be something to be considered... I don't know... I haven't been able to find that much information ON their ideas.

I suspect as many others probably have that the conflict between 3MED and Mary / Vic(?) may have been an 'influence struggle' over 'who' was going to 'control' something... a 'something' that may be important... or may not be.

I for one will be moving onward with whatever I might be able to do for MMJ / cannabis issues regardless of ANY internal problems that might occur while people and organization jockey for positions.

Influence peddling I'm sure has it place... we just have to support the 'influence peddlers' that we believe have our best interest in mind.

We have to keep ourselves vigilante... just as you pointed out.

Thanks once more.

I'm currently the chairperson of a 9 member board for my township. All ideas, procedures, resolutions, etc are deliberated by this board of directors. Do we have something similar here?

Not everyone will go along with having a board of directors but it will help with the power struggle I see happening here. I can only piece together what has happened here but it looks like to many Chiefs and not enough Indians. If you create a board of directors and sponsor the CC's you will have more consistency. By laws for all to operate by. Have your lobbyist apply for the positions and put it to a vote of the board of directors.

Realistically what you have here is many communities [CC] who support MM but no actual board of directors. Each community [CC] would have it's board of directors and then each CC could elect a liaison to represent them on the Executive Board of Directors for MM that would set up the by laws for all CC's. Maybe all this fighting would settle down a bit. This way we would be united as one organization as opposed to several smaller ones fighting for control....after all this is what big brother wants, we are easier to attack this way.

Just a thought....

I'm currently the chairperson of a 9 member board for my township. All ideas, procedures, resolutions, etc are deliberated by this board of directors. Do we have something similar here?

Not everyone will go along with having a board of directors but it will help with the power struggle I see happening here. I can only piece together what has happened here but it looks like to many Chiefs and not enough Indians. If you create a board of directors and sponsor the CC's you will have more consistency. By laws for all to operate by. Have your lobbyist apply for the positions and put it to a vote of the board of directors.

Realistically what you have here is many communities [CC] who support MM but no actual board of directors. Each community [CC] would have it's board of directors and then each CC could elect a liaison to represent them on the Executive Board of Directors for MM that would set up the by laws for all CC's. Maybe all this fighting would settle down a bit. This way we would be united as one organization as opposed to several smaller ones fighting for control....after all this is what big brother wants, we are easier to attack this way.

Just a thought....

Dizle...

CENTRALIZED GOVERNANCE has to be instituted, if at all, VERY carefully.

A 'centralized governing body' can easily fall prey to manipulation and 'insider' control. Which is 'exactly what we get from Washington DC in the form of the 'FTC' controlling the 'legalization' and 'sale' of MMJ / cannabis.

A 'loose' federation often works just as well with each 'local' group governing themselves and then 'banding together' to act on larger issues... the 'Federation' acts as a distribution point for information that the 'board / council' feels that action is needed on.

There is also a tendency for 'centralized' control to 'smother' innovation and local action on local issues... the 'local' group becomes afraid to act without an 'OK' from Big Brother.

We have to move forward very carefully IMO.

What you say makes sense... I have a habit of looking at all the sides of issues when trying to understand them. For one such as myself being a bit new here it takes a while to gain a better understanding of things.

Thank you...Dizle

Dizle...

Aint nothin' but thang, Baby.

It's all about the exchange of info and ideas.

And those recipes you keep puttin' out... uummm uummm UM!

Bluberry,

Why in the heck would you believe any email from Mary? I think that the email itself would have sent you scrambling for Lansing.

Thanks for all you do, just don't let this lying beotch sidetrack you in any way.

Archived