Trouble Getting Pain Meds

if you dont want to leave their practice you could just go to a clinic for a one-time dr's rec for mmj...and continue with your same primary...whether or not you share that info w/him or her is up to you. as a patient (or spouse) you have choices, you are the one who gets to make the decisions about your care, your health...because ultimately its u those choices affect!!

if you dont want to leave their practice you could just go to a clinic for a one-time dr's rec for mmj...and continue with your same primary...whether or not you share that info w/him or her is up to you. as a patient (or spouse) you have choices, you are the one who gets to make the decisions about your care, your health...because ultimately its u those choices affect!!

That is what I did and it worked for me.

thats what i did too, i was afraid to tell my primary because A) worst case scenario i thought that he might cut off the pain meds, and B) he was a close family friend...then when i was at his office for a checkup a few months after getting my dr's rec elsewhere, i noticed he had a marinol clipboard in the exam room...that was my signal i was waiting for, to bring it up! He was actually sad that i didnt trust him enough to tell him before that...

Seems most all pain management clinics are taking

the same stance when it comes to pain meds and MM.

Like I was told at mine. "It's one or the other" you test pos.cannabis (thc)

no pain meds scripts. You may be lucky to find a PM that will

actually allow you to retest until clean,. Most drop you

right then and there.

Seems most all pain management clinics are taking

the same stance when it comes to pain meds and MM.

Like I was told at mine. "It's one or the other" you test pos.cannabis (thc)

no pain meds scripts. You may be lucky to find a PM that will

actually allow you to retest until clean,. Most drop you

right then and there.

I read a post on the old forum of a young man who

was dropped immediately from his PMC after broaching

the subject of Medical Cannabis. My PMC has a notice

posted that they do not give "prescriptions" (oh, boy)

for MM.

I just keep my business to myself, what they don't know...

Anyway.... don't Dr's still get kick backs from the

pharma's? Aren't PMC's just simple pill pushers?

Who said follow the money? Hummm

Therein lies the difference between an MM caregiver/dispensary etc...

and our friendly PMC's

There are many compassionate Dr's.

Maybe if you give your location someone in your area

knows who/where you could go.

peace all

I'm in south east Wayne County anyone know of any pain management docs that won't kick you out for self medicating with MM.

i am having the same problem. anyone know of anywhere to go in northern mi.This is wrong. what happend to the patient coming before money. Those docs don't exist anymore i guess.Anyone that can point me to a decent dr. that will still see me for pain. thank you in advance.

i am having the same problem. anyone know of anywhere to go in northern mi.This is wrong. what happend to the patient coming before money. Those docs don't exist anymore i guess.Anyone that can point me to a decent dr. that will still see me for pain. thank you in advance.

Hi Ladies;

I don't know why I didn't mention this b4....

Have you tried a local Compassion Club meeting?

They are very helpful and this is one of the many

reasons for the CC's. There should be a map

on the site, I think under the Compassion Clubs tab

that has a map that shows where there are established

CC's. Unfortunately I am not near

enough to either of you to give a local suggestion :(

I hope this has helped.

Hello,

I'm a new member on the board and do not currently live in MI, that being said my wife and I are considering moving to the Kalamazoo MI area which is where her family is from. I am disabled with back fusions from L4-S1 and C5-C7 along with the remainder of my back deteriorating at a rapid pace. I have a Medtronics pump implanted in my abdomen with the catheter fed into my spinal canal for my pain medications. Only cuts about 40-50% of the pain and my motivation for moving to MI was to be able to use MM, but from what is sounds like on this board, the medical community is not yet on-board with the use of MM. I don't want to move half way across the country only to find that I have to make a choice between one or the other, does anyone know of a provider in the Kalamazoo area that can fill my pump who won't either drug test me or toss me aside because I have a MM card? Don't you have to have a doctors order to get the card in the first place, and if so than why is it considered self medicating?

Regards,

Dazed and Confused(RISKI)

husband has mm card, with chronic pain and dr told him hospital isn't going to allow their doctors to prescribe pain med to medical marijuana cardholders, is this legal? With the weed he takes less pill but he still need them.

I believed I needed them too. Became addicted to pharm opiates after my cord injury in Jan 1978. Went cold turkey 5 times through the years. Against the advice of all my docs, I went cold turkey for the last time on 7 poisons in Mar 2008. Still have a bottle of 'phine and 'done but haven't touched it in 25 months.

Sure I have a lot more pain, but I actually feel physically and mentally better. Hard to explain.

I say it's better to live with your pain than die from their meds...and you will die from their meds.

Good luck with that.

Peace.

I decided to be honest with my family physician, who prescribes my narcotics and muscle relaxers. He abruptly told me that severe/chronic back pain does not qualify. I had my notebook and handed him the MDCH form. I asked him where the pain was supposed to be severe/chronic to qualify. He then told me that he didn't care if I "get high", as long as I didn't drive. He never advised against that with narcotics. Nevertheless, he wasn't having anything to do with it. I told him that I just needed my recent medical records. He wasn't happy that he was not in control. I'll ask for some narcotics when I see him and find out how it goes.

Who ever said that this was supposed to completely replace any other type of pain relief? Am I supposed to give up osteopathic manipulation? Do I have to stop using a TENS unit? Stretching helps, but if I have pot I don't need to? This is ridiculous!

I've had several family physicians over the years and none have asked me if I used. Will this doctor put it in my medical records? In that case, am I completely covered under HIPPA law, as this seems to be a gray area when you are simply a "registered" patient.

We have a long way to go.

Archived