Overpriced Meds

if u think u can grow quilty meds and still sell it for less than $200 oz i would love to see it because i can tell u now that in the area im from i havent found it yet even with my grow witch is not big and no its not cfls i cant see selling any of my meds for less than $250.00 and oz so if your getting it for that price more power to u because i just cant see how its being done and iv been doing this for a long time so i would be very cautious as too what u are getting for tha kind of price

Here is a picture of my 180 oz

019bl.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a picture of my 180 oz

019bl.jpg

Looks real nice and a fair price. What flavor?

My 2 cents: I never saw the big conflict about price. The cats with the high dollar lids can ask what they want. It's ok. It's like anything else. You can either afford it or you can't. No big deal. I can't afford it, so I grow for myself while I still can. I think I have my little garden zeroed in pretty good, but if I have to pay a little more than him sometimes, or he pays a little more than me sometimes..so what. It's all good. I guess just be thankful the meds were available to you at whatever price and enjoy the wonderful relief it provides. :D

I don't really care about a buzz so I don't judge a strain on just that. The thing that should matter is, does it work to alleviate the symptoms of your medical condition.

Time for another j. Peace.

Looks real nice and a fair price. What flavor?

My 2 cents: I never saw the big conflict about price. The cats with the high dollar lids can ask what they want. It's ok. It's like anything else. You can either afford it or you can't. No big deal. I can't afford it, so I grow for myself while I still can. I think I have my little garden zeroed in pretty good, but if I have to pay a little more than him sometimes, or he pays a little more than me sometimes..so what. It's all good. I guess just be thankful the meds were available to you at whatever price and enjoy the wonderful relief it provides. :D

I don't really care about a buzz so I don't judge a strain on just that. The thing that should matter is, does it work to alleviate the symptoms of your medical condition.

Time for another j. Peace.

Well said....

i agree is this your owngrow if so do u sell it for that same price or is that only for u is $180oz just what it costs for u to grow does that include all the expense like nutes soil tending the garden that time is worth being paid for to if thats all includeed and u get that good bud u are getting it right good luck

I am in the ithaca area and am in desperate need of fair priced meds.400 an oz! r u kidding me how do these ppl sleep, its not that i want to get stoned, i need medication! anyone in the central michigan area with decent priced meds can email me mamajoyvkja@yahoo.com I am a cardholder

I charge $150 an ounce all day long and have since I became a caregiver last summer. It is far and away better meds that I grow now than I was ever able to get off the street at any price over the last 20 years. Looking to add another patient in my neck of the woods and I have already been turned down by two perspective patients because they can gets meds cheaper. Go figure.

First of all PRICE is between caregiver and patient ,who know what factors when into producing that 350 MMJ ....IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GROW YOUR OWN ..better yet instead of standing on your soap box passing judgment on people

Why aren't you out giving it away ,to a lot of people 180 oz is to much....

the only point i see when poeple over charge is the patient reselling it for double,and yes thats wrong,but not everyone does that.so the less fortunate suffers because poeple resell it and are trying to make money off you,or smoke for free.im just saying thats what i see.but if people did what you said,then there wounldnt be caregivers,if all patients decided to run together the cg thing would be no more.i understand your upset.but being negitve isnt the anwser

i agree is this your owngrow if so do u sell it for that same price or is that only for u is $180oz just what it costs for u to grow does that include all the expense like nutes soil tending the garden that time is worth being paid for to if thats all includeed and u get that good bud u are getting it right good luck

I dont grow any, that is what my caregiver charges me per OZ ( obviously thats a picture of the bud he gives me)

like it or not the street dealers are gonna mess it up for us.get them out and keep them out,and i think we will be ok.then law makers might see us in a different light.....

Yeah i just dont think its right for caregivers to upcharge because they are "worried" that you are going to resell YOUR OWN PLANTS that they are growing for you. What would even be wrong with a patient sellings his to another patient? After all isnt it the patients plant to begin with?

Its a simple matter of economics. You can afford it or you cant. Its the reason Grey Goose Vodka is on the top shelf and Mohawk is on the bottom. There is a difference between 180/oz Meds and 400$/oz meds. Some people dont understand, wont understand, simply cant understand the differences. Some of these people need to try shopping around more. If your looking for REAL quality and top shelf genetics, your going to pay for it. On the other hand, if your just looking for something to stick in your pipe and pass the time, perhaps the 180$ stuff is exactly what your looking for. I know of a local dispensary that charges whatever they think they can get from you. They charged 475$ to one person, and $550 to the next for the same stuff. The idea of paying $550/oz to me is totally crazy, under $400 is reasonable and ive yet to ever find someone actually willing to hand over a sub $200/oz for premium grade....or anything that could be considered medicinal quality.

Its nothing personal, if you dont like a caregivers particular price or quality or whatever excuse you can come up with.....walk away. Nobody is forcing you to chose the first caregiver you meet or making you buy overpriced meds, obviously from this website there are many many potential caregivers willing and able. Typically you get what you pay for though. Ive heard plenty of both good and bad caregiver stories from people "claiming" to sell meds for sub $200, but ive heard so many more great stories about caregivers that charge $300+. I've always said, price shouldn't be a patients ONLY consideration. There is alot more to it than that.

Its a simple matter of economics. You can afford it or you cant. Its the reason Grey Goose Vodka is on the top shelf and Mohawk is on the bottom. There is a difference between 180/oz Meds and 400$/oz meds. Some people dont understand, wont understand, simply cant understand the differences. Some of these people need to try shopping around more. If your looking for REAL quality and top shelf genetics, your going to pay for it. On the other hand, if your just looking for something to stick in your pipe and pass the time, perhaps the 180$ stuff is exactly what your looking for. I know of a local dispensary that charges whatever they think they can get from you. They charged 475$ to one person, and $550 to the next for the same stuff. The idea of paying $550/oz to me is totally crazy, under $400 is reasonable and ive yet to ever find someone actually willing to hand over a sub $200/oz for premium grade....or anything that could be considered medicinal quality.

Its nothing personal, if you dont like a caregivers particular price or quality or whatever excuse you can come up with.....walk away. Nobody is forcing you to chose the first caregiver you meet or making you buy overpriced meds, obviously from this website there are many many potential caregivers willing and able. Typically you get what you pay for though. Ive heard plenty of both good and bad caregiver stories from people "claiming" to sell meds for sub $200, but ive heard so many more great stories about caregivers that charge $300+. I've always said, price shouldn't be a patients ONLY consideration. There is alot more to it than that.

More rhetoric. So according to you, you cant grow high quality meds for 180 dollars? Do you really beleive that or are you just trying to justify the high prices you charge/ or get charged? SO the picture i posted isnt "medical quality" marijuana? lol your a funny guy. NYC sour deisel isnt a quality medical marijuana either huh? You cant just use rhetoric to make a point, "bla bla bla you cant have good medical marijuana for under 200 an oz bla bla bla i have nothing but my opinion to substaniate this claim but bla bla bla"

Yeah i just dont think its right for caregivers to upcharge because they are "worried" that you are going to resell YOUR OWN PLANTS that they are growing for you. What would even be wrong with a patient sellings his to another patient? After all isnt it the patients plant to begin with?

if the patient gave the cg all the clones,and some money for the light set up,and came out and helped to take care of them,then ya they would be thier plants,but if i paid for all the lights and i bought all the different strains,and i did all the work then no thier my plants,im not a cg,yet,but if i do ill be reasonable as i can,im aginst higher prices too,but i have all the time and money in my own produce,so if i buy ,its mine if a patient buys it its thiers...at least thats how i see it.but i wont let someone come in and say that they own something,that they have no time or money in it.

While they may "technically" be the patients plants, if they dont put any work into them, if they didnt acquire the plants, if they have no connection other than a piece of paper.... what makes you think you, as the patient should be able to profit off that? Technically, you didnt do a single thing. If i give you a oz for $180 "just because" and you turn around and sell it for 360$, then you just made 180 without lifting a finger off the caregivers time/sweat/energy/money. They are working twice as hard for the same thing. Because i charge $XXX, doesn't make me any more or less compassionate. Its a mental thing not something tangible or something that can only be equated with price.

if the patient gave the cg all the clones,and some money for the light set up,and came out and helped to take care of them,then ya they would be thier plants,but if i paid for all the lights and i bought all the different strains,and i did all the work then no thier my plants,im not a cg,yet,but if i do ill be reasonable as i can,im aginst higher prices too,but i have all the time and money in my own produce,so if i buy ,its mine if a patient buys it its thiers...at least thats how i see it.but i wont let someone come in and say that they own something,that they have no time or money in it.

Yeah most caregivers will sign a contract making the plants theirs ,i was just makin a point

While they may "technically" be the patients plants, if they dont put any work into them, if they didnt acquire the plants, if they have no connection other than a piece of paper.... what makes you think you, as the patient should be able to profit off that? Technically, you didnt do a single thing. If i give you a oz for $180 "just because" and you turn around and sell it for 360$, then you just made 180 without lifting a finger off the caregivers time/sweat/energy/money. They are working twice as hard for the same thing. Because i charge $XXX, doesn't make me any more or less compassionate. Its a mental thing not something tangible or something that can only be equated with price.

Once i pay 180 for an oz, its mine to do whatever i please with ..... If i purchase it for 180 as my contract states, and i want to sell it legally to another patient who wants it for x amount, its NOW MINE TO DO SO WITH.....The caregiver has already made his profit from you, by honoring the contact. its none of the caregivers business what happens to it after that. IF someone chooses to do something illegal with theres, its up to the LEO to punish him not a caregiver. Use some common sense buddy. Caregivers using the excuse of " i dont want my patients to resell " to justify highway robbery prices is garbage.

So let me get this straight ,if you charge over 200 hundred your somehow less compassionate then the next man .LOL you CFL gangsters kill me ,you think that you can go out and buy a 40 dollar pack of seeds and now you can judge others ? GET REAL .I have years invested in this NOT MONTHS ,done gave away more MMJ then most of you clowns smoked in your lifetime and by the looks of theses pics on this site you 30 watt g's have a long way to go ..So don't tell me about compassion, where was your compassion 2 years ago ? now all of a sudden your FLORANCE NIGHTINGALE LOL

I will let y'all get back to the Medical Marijuana Entitlement Program

Yeah most caregivers will sign a contract making the plants theirs ,i was just makin a point

i hear ya,i just dont people to think that its thiers without any up front money when they sign.im in my 3rd flowering stage.its not hard work doing this,but it does take time and losts of care.but over all,its not rocket science.

I hear you ,ENTITLEMENT I like that they want cheap so they can resell for high.

YEAH SO TO PREVENT THIS, IM GOING TO CHARGE THEM OUT THE A** SO THAT WAY NOT ONLY CAN NO ONE ON THE STREET AFFORD IT, BUT MY OWN PATIENTS CANT EITHER! THEN I CAN TAKE THEIR OVERAGES AND MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY SELLING IT TO THE DISPENSERIES AND TO BLACK MARKET DEALERS MYSELF.

:)

More rhetoric. So according to you, you cant grow high quality meds for 180 dollars? Do you really beleive that or are you just trying to justify the high prices you charge/ or get charged? SO the picture i posted isnt "medical quality" marijuana? lol your a funny guy. NYC sour deisel isnt a quality medical marijuana either huh? You cant just use rhetoric to make a point, "bla bla bla you cant have good medical marijuana for under 200 an oz bla bla bla i have nothing but my opinion to substaniate this claim but bla bla bla"

way to take someones comment, and twist it into a general blanket statement. I'm not saying there arnt quality caregivers out there doing giving away quality meds, or selling them for dirt cheep. I'm not saying the picture you posted is of some decent looking meds, be it abit airy looking. But while i didnt go into exact details of every claim, ive have been around for long enough to see a difference between the under $200 and the above +$300.

Since i didnt have anything to back up my claim, lets go back to the comparison of Grey Goose and mohawk. Grey Goose is distilled in Cognac, France with a specific distillation method. uses French winter wheat from the south of Paris, distilled in a continuous still and alpine spring water that has been filtered through the limestone plateaux of the Massif Central. Grey Goose sells for about $30 a liter. Mohawk sells for $8 a Liter. You think they go through the same quality checks/inspections and distilling process? According to your rhetoric, because it has the same name, its the same end result.

Sure, i could drop a seed in dirt...sit it on the window sill and come back 4 months later and have Meds. If you think your going to end up with anything close to the meds someone can produce when they are more involved and have a more in-depth process (which comes at a higher cost), well, its just not realistic.

Once i pay 180 for an oz, its mine to do whatever i please with ..... If i purchase it for 180 as my contract states, and i want to sell it legally to another patient who wants it for x amount, its NOW MINE TO DO SO WITH.....The caregiver has already made his profit from you, by honoring the contact. its none of the caregivers business what happens to it after that. IF someone chooses to do something illegal with theres, its up to the LEO to punish him not a caregiver. Use some common sense buddy. Caregivers using the excuse of " i dont want my patients to resell " to justify highway robbery prices is garbage.

So, you think that YOUR entitled to it for 180$, the caregiver obviously worked hard to earn that money. But they you think its OK to take that and charge someone else a higher fee without doing anything and profiting off that? Arnt you directly contradicting yourself and everything you've said thus far? I'm so uncompassionate because i charge more than $200, but if your getting it for $180 and up-charging another patient what you paid but did nothing for......what does that make you? By definition, sounds like your just a street level dealer and totally uncompassionate.

see this is the very reason i dont want to be a cg.folks seem to be way to touchy about the subject.the thing is you are what you are,and nothing will change that.i grow my own,and i know its better than street meds.but we as adults should be able to talk to each other.i dont get online away fom family time to argue,i do to just talk to people....

Compassionate ppl getting down to 300.plz.I have been smoking for over 25 yrs, and have recently had the best strains in the world and ya know what the thai weed, true skunk bud, back in the mid 80's was just as good as ANY strain i have had.white widow, northern lights mau waui,chemdog, ak,blueberry etc included peace yall

Sounds like the only thing your lacking,is the GROWROOM....Dont like the heat,you need to get out of the oven....

Caregivers can sell their meds cheaper they just use every excuse in the world to keep their prices high like oh "what if" i get raided then i have to hire a lawyer yadda yadda yadda while i guess it is something you need to factor into your bizness but these grifters selling their wares for $20 a gram need to be tarred and feathered.

I feel the same about the $15 a gram crowd! <_<

Archived