Overpriced Meds

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I know deep subject

First there is no caregiver without a patient.The patient is in charge why because the customer is always right!

So for those who are Gods gift to weed get a bigger hat cause your head is swollen.The weed is Gods gift to us who choose to use it.

And as far as putting a seed in dirt and coming back months later sure you will have medicine.But garbage weed will be garbage weed no matter how

Smarmified You get Mr Wizard and his Top notch grow equipment can not change that fact.So simply grow your own or shop around for the right connection.

YOU the patient are in charge of making sure YOUR happy.And for those of YOU who decide to outsource jobs to canada or Amsterdam to get genetics.When the jobs are needed right here in Michigan.And the money made from those JOBS will be spent right here in Michigan.Nough said

So, you think that YOUR entitled to it for 180$, the caregiver obviously worked hard to earn that money. But they you think its OK to take that and charge someone else a higher fee without doing anything and profiting off that? Arnt you directly contradicting yourself and everything you've said thus far? I'm so uncompassionate because i charge more than $200, but if your getting it for $180 and up-charging another patient what you paid but did nothing for......what does that make you? By definition, sounds like your just a street level dealer and totally uncompassionate.

No, i simply said for caregivers to upcharge using the excuse" my patient will if i dont" is a poor excuse and has just an excuse to make more money.

Well I know deep subject

First there is no caregiver without a patient.The patient is in charge why because the customer is always right!

So for those who are Gods gift to weed get a bigger hat cause your head is swollen.The weed is Gods gift to us who choose to use it.

And as far as putting a seed in dirt and coming back months later sure you will have medicine.But garbage weed will be garbage weed no matter how

Smarmified You get Mr Wizard and his Top notch grow equipment can not change that fact.So simply grow your own or shop around for the right connection.

YOU the patient are in charge of making sure YOUR happy.And for those of YOU who decide to outsource jobs to canada or Amsterdam to get genetics.When the jobs are needed right here in Michigan.And the money made from those JOBS will be spent right here in Michigan.Nough said

your right ,if everyone grew thier own.then there will be nothing to complain about...lol

way to take someones comment, and twist it into a general blanket statement. I'm not saying there arnt quality caregivers out there doing giving away quality meds, or selling them for dirt cheep. I'm not saying the picture you posted is of some decent looking meds, be it abit airy looking. But while i didnt go into exact details of every claim, ive have been around for long enough to see a difference between the under $200 and the above +$300.

Since i didnt have anything to back up my claim, lets go back to the comparison of Grey Goose and mohawk. Grey Goose is distilled in Cognac, France with a specific distillation method. uses French winter wheat from the south of Paris, distilled in a continuous still and alpine spring water that has been filtered through the limestone plateaux of the Massif Central. Grey Goose sells for about $30 a liter. Mohawk sells for $8 a Liter. You think they go through the same quality checks/inspections and distilling process? According to your rhetoric, because it has the same name, its the same end result.

Sure, i could drop a seed in dirt...sit it on the window sill and come back 4 months later and have Meds. If you think your going to end up with anything close to the meds someone can produce when they are more involved and have a more in-depth process (which comes at a higher cost), well, its just not realistic.

That fact that you again have no warrant for your claim is what forces you to compare mohawk vodka and grey goose. Show me a picture of your 400 dollar meds and tell me how its better then my 180 dollar meds? Please, save me the vodka talk it has no place here......

I've grown this stuff for quite a while, comparatively. My #1 complaint here is that this is not a subject that needs to bantered about on this site. What a caregiver charges is of no interest to me, and should not even be speculated about on this site, as it is not appropriate for this site. What I charge is no one's business but me and my patients. I won't argue prices with anyone, what I have set up as my personal limit for a price, but I will guarantee that eventually those that overcharge for meds, will be found out. And they will lose thier patients to the likes of me. I can give a medical quality product for much less than what appears to be the going price. It's unfortunate that you do not always "get what you pay for". I have no profit motivation, as I am simply trying to "pay it forward" by giving a decent price for what I deliver to patients.

Lets drop this subject, as it always leads to name calling and arguement. This is not the place for that.

Peace...j.b.

Like I said before, hope you can find someone else that can help you out. Prices will always sway depending on the cg and the patient. There are a lot of people out there that can help you out. I would just keep looking and eventually you will find someone that doesn't need 400 an oz because they use sixteen sun lamps and have blowers going 24/7.

If someone had been growing for years and years, that they would produce enough medicine per plant to make it affordable. Although, it's totally their choice and I can't negate that they are good at what they do. But I do have a problem every spring when the gas prices get hiked up too, so ... such is life.

To me, that much per oz is just laughable, but again that's my opinion. Kinda like going down to the local farmers market and paying an old farmer twenty bucks apiece for his tomatoes, just because he has been growing them for ages. Personally, I'll go to another table and find what I like, and what I can afford.

Think of it just like you would morphine, or any other prescription meds, you can spend more and get the Lilly brand, or you can pay five bucks and get the generic which in most cases, would suit you just fine. I hope like hell at that much per oz they are giving you a sample, otherwise I wouldn't even blink at moving on to someone else. Keep looking, there are more and more people starting up and getting settled into a rhythm each and everyday.

Don't forget, if it's at all possible, grow your own. If you do decide to grow your own, go pick up the Marijuana Horticulture Indoor/Outdoor Medical Growers Bible. Keep that book by your side and read it cover to cover. It will help you immensely and you will find yourself referring to it time and time again. Until such time that you know your plants inside and out, this little book will be a great guide. But don't forget that their are people that will help you.

This site has many people willing and able to help you learn, point you to resources, and get you started. (providing your legal) Ask questions, and get to a CC meeting if you are able. Besides MM, just being able to talk to someone about what your going through is a good thing. Especially when you know they understand.

Try not to get too wrapped up in the bs, and squabbling. Just like any other place in the world, there are always a few you could take or leave. Let that stuff blow, it's really not worth your time. You have better things to attend to, like taking care of yourself and finally getting some relief.

All in all, I wish you well.

----Nemo

This is how the market works. You don't like the price don't buy it. If enough people didn't smoke the price would go down. Abstain today!

Start growing your own, take the horse by the reins, the bull by the horns, the plant by the stem!

We've had extensive threads in the past on this matter.

It will never be resolved.

It takes all kinds in this world.

For those who are getting good rates, be thankful, for those that are not, i am sorry.

Its one more reason why it should be fully legalized, high priced meds are a product of prohibition.

Do not feed the trolls.

TFB

Buddah I agree with most points you make. I couldn't on the last part. Prohibition in this state is over. It isn't fully implemented ,granted, but the price war will continue long after this post. Prices are high because these guys that charge that much have been doing so under the radar for years. For them to charge less now is hard. They have been quite vocal on this sight and will continue to be. Between patient and caregiver seems to be the best.. That everyone can agree on.

i just love the way the smartestman alive in one breath says that caregiver are ripping off patients for charging more than $180.00oz then comes back and says if i buy it for $180.00 oz and then sell it for more there is nothing wrong with that that is the biggest bunch of bullsh**t i have heard in a long time u are so two faced that it is hard to belive anything that u say and u call caregiver a bunch of thiefs what is wrong with u you have a very messed up set of eithics my friend the i can do it but if u do u r a thief wow man

i just love the way the smartestman alive in one breath says that caregiver are ripping off patients for charging more than $180.00oz then comes back and says if i buy it for $180.00 oz and then sell it for more there is nothing wrong with that that is the biggest bunch of bullsh**t i have heard in a long time u are so two faced that it is hard to belive anything that u say and u call caregiver a bunch of thiefs what is wrong with u you have a very messed up set of eithics my friend the i can do it but if u do u r a thief wow man

This site allows us to cut , copy, and quote easily. Please do so to illustrate where i stated that i sell any weed what so ever? Also, break up your large sentence into smaller ones so that its a bit easier to decrypt what you are saying.

Once i pay 180 for an oz, its mine to do whatever i please with ..... If i purchase it for 180 as my contract states, and i want to sell it legally to another patient who wants it for x amount, its NOW MINE TO DO SO WITH.....The caregiver has already made his profit from you, by honoring the contact. its none of the caregivers business what happens to it after that. IF someone chooses to do something illegal with theres, its up to the LEO to punish him not a caregiver. Use some common sense buddy. Caregivers using the excuse of " i dont want my patients to resell " to justify highway robbery prices is garbage.

there u go its ok for u but not for the cargiver and just so u know im not a caregiver but i reaLLY dont like the double talk on this site and the i can do it but if u do then its wrong this is between a caregiver and his patient it is not between u and the caregiver and patient if u can get your meds for that much great but i currently am growing for myself and if i was to do a pat to pat transfer i really could do it for less than $250.00 and oz and then i dont think i would even make min wage for all the time i put into my grow thats why im not a caregiver because of people like u bitching about prices all the time its just not worth it ill just go sell my overages to the disp and then u can pay the $20.00 to $25.00 a gram that sounds better to me dont u think the price is never going to be what u want so either grow your own or quit bitching about it

Yeah, no less compassionate buying at one price and reselling at a higher one. Jesus! What the hell is wrong with this world? I wish it was growing in every ditch, every field, everywhere you look, more prevalent than asparagus! That would some cool bunny muffin to drive down the road and just see the beauty in it all. Until that time, it's going to cost something, unfortunately. So, like so many on each side of the issue say, "Grow your own.." There is no reason why people that are able, shouldn't grow. If your unable, my heart goes out for you. Best to find a good person who is growing for themselves already that will work with you and help you out for much less. Sure you can pay 300-400 an ounce if you want, but I bet you can find cheaper if you look around. Will it have the same quality and medicinal grade? bunny muffin, I don't know the answer to that one. It very well could, but don't expect the same quality each time. And if you are paying that much, you darn well better be sure you get the high grade med, or make sure something is in the patient caregiver contract to protect you from low quality batches. Any grower worth their salt will stand behind his methods and meds 110%. If you get that it would almost be worth the high price. Anything less however, would and should cost substantially less.

edit: Just a side thought, a really good harvest of high potency meds weighed out in 2.5 oz would be used by me far less and last far longer than a lower potency batch that I would have to ingest far more for the same affect. I.E. One batch is top notch, true one-hit-bunny muffin that will take my pain away for 6 hours. But it costs me 300 and oz. On the other hand I could buy something I have to ingest every 3 hours but it costs 150 an oz. The first lasts me a full month and the later only two weeks. So in the long run, which costs more? Hmm... something to keep in mind!

I'm not trying to take sides because both sides have valid points. But maybe if we can air it all out, talk about it instead of arguing and bashing others opinions, we just might get further ahead.

----Nemo

Once i pay 180 for an oz, its mine to do whatever i please with ..... If i purchase it for 180 as my contract states, and i want to sell it legally to another patient who wants it for x amount, its NOW MINE TO DO SO WITH.....The caregiver has already made his profit from you, by honoring the contact. its none of the caregivers business what happens to it after that. IF someone chooses to do something illegal with theres, its up to the LEO to punish him not a caregiver. Use some common sense buddy. Caregivers using the excuse of " i dont want my patients to resell " to justify highway robbery prices is garbage.

there u go its ok for u but not for the cargiver and just so u know im not a caregiver but i reaLLY dont like the double talk on this site and the i can do it but if u do then its wrong this is between a caregiver and his patient it is not between u and the caregiver and patient if u can get your meds for that much great but i currently am growing for myself and if i was to do a pat to pat transfer i really could do it for less than $250.00 and oz and then i dont think i would even make min wage for all the time i put into my grow thats why im not a caregiver because of people like u bitching about prices all the time its just not worth it ill just go sell my overages to the disp and then u can pay the $20.00 to $25.00 a gram that sounds better to me dont u think the price is never going to be what u want so either grow your own or quit bitching about it

Not one time did i ever say i sell my weed to anyone. Ever. I simply stated that after the contract ( which 99 percent of patient & caregivers have) is honored by caregiver, what happens to the marijuana is none of his business. Its not his anymore. So to upcharge people to 300 400 because you are scared of this happening is a horrible excuse. We have laws in place making the illegal sale of marijuana , well illegal. If the patient gets caught selling his medicine, its up to the law to deal with, not the caregiver ( through upcharging). Sorry if i wasnt more clear.

BTW - i didnt pick my name, my name picked me ;)

Caregivers can sell their meds cheaper they just use every excuse in the world to keep their prices high like oh "what if" i get raided then i have to hire a lawyer yadda yadda yadda while i guess it is something you need to factor into your bizness but these grifters selling their wares for $20 a gram need to be tarred and feathered.

As a beginning/novice indoor grower (started 3 weeks ago lol) I'm glad I made the small investment into equipment for a 3x3 grow room using soil.

As a former business owner, I understand costs like: overhead / health insurance / Soc sec / and setting up a retirement plan.

With all this factored in, I still can't fathom why I had to spend >$150 - 1/4! I believe in investing in excellence, but I feel like I got bent.

I know, I know...no one forced me to do business, I'll be glad when my little plants are cured & good to go:P

just wondering...when a caregiver takes on a new patient, is it customary for the caregiver to teach them how to eventually grow their own meds...and is that instruction or mentoring included in the price??

I don't know any decent grower that wouldn't be willing to help someone else learn how to grow.

I guess the bottom line is, and some seem to be missing this entirely...

333.26424 2.E.

A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.

Just had to add one more thing that I think is important. If you are looking for a caregiver, get their breakdown of costs associated with the cultivation and care of your plants they will be growing for you. I.E. electricity, water if applicable, nutes, equipment (which shouldn't be in the equation unless it's stuff like bulbs, wire ties, simple stuff.

Your not paying to get them all set up, you want someone who already has it ready to go for you. However, if they need an extra lamp, I don't see that as out of the question, but it may be best to look at their set up and have them explain their needs to grow for you.

If they ask you to sign over the rights to the plants, find someone else. A simple break down of these costs and anything else you contract them to do, whether it be housecleaning, rides to the doctor, what ever your needs are, then calculate that in as well. Or pay them separately for each need, but don't pay them for MM, period.

If they are truly giving care and providing for your needs, 300 a month might not be that much. In the same light, if your disabled and on SSI or disability, your care giver needs to know your limitations and what you can afford. If you can't afford all those services, don't get them. It really is that simple.

---Nemo

The person who charges 180 is more compassionate because they take less profit to make their product more affordable for their patients. Its not hard to figure out . Keep doing " your thing"

I am sorry I don't agree, with money comes better quality! As in tighter meatier meds. My big concern is quality, and when it comes to meds that is more important than being cheap! I give my patients FREE meds, 1oz a month then we agree to the costs of extra.

The big issue is: I sell my Patient an ounce for $180.00 and that patient takes it and sells it for $100.00 a quarter to a non-patient. Is that the Compassion you are arguing for?

Archived