12-12 From Seed?

Kingdiamond

Here is an update. She is looking great now after her final swell. She hit 100 days of flower and still has around a week left possibly more.

Here is a picture of her when she showed sex for me around day 28 of flower:

DSC00656.jpg

Here she is before her final swell...

SIMidFlowerhps.jpg

that is right she got even more plump as the leaves autumned off. I will post some more pics around harvest time. Hopefully that will be soon. I wonder if flowering her before she was sexually mature made her flower time longer? 100 days does seem long, but she also shows lots of sativa influence in her genetics. If she wasn't a bag seed plant I would be able to compare known flower times to what is happening in my garden, but alas she is a beautiful bag seed lady.

Very nice. :thumbsu:

This is my first grow and hoping to run perpetual by cloning 4 tops of the plants that were germinated and poked through the soil (Foxfarms) on 5/11. I have run them 24/7 for the entire time. They are roughly 3 1/2 wks old and are almost a foot tall! 2 weeks under flouros (225 watts) and now 600 w MH for the past week. 2 White Widow, Himalayan Gold, and Super Silver Haze are all doing very well. I mixed a weak mixture of Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow A+B 3 days after transplant to 4 gal pots. I'll be switching to 18/6 soon. Just fed them again today to give them a boost this week! Probably after another week and I have a chance to clone them. I'm unsure about running the clones under the 600w 12/12 right after being visciously cut from the top of the beautiful plants! Maybe I should put them back into the clone / seedling cabinet until they root and can handle the dryer and warmer atmosphere of the flower room. Ive read so much on this siteabout growing, it's like sensory overload! Thanks to all you experienced growers here in Michigan and elsewhere for taking time out of your days, to help the newer growers and patients grow their own meds and be free from the bondage of the pharmaceutical companys. God Bless you all!

Why are you kids taking the tops for clones? I take the smallest lowest little branch and tuck it in clonex and a rootcube. Being closer from the root makes the possibility of a whole new plant without taking tops down. Kids the closer you take from the bottom the closer they are to roots and the hormones they need. Most of mind are semetrical in their branches like they weren't clones at all! They develope the same 4 & 5 nodes to sex like a mother plant. Just try it folks!

Peace and Love and just imagine!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know what each seed will be all were bought from highgradeseeds.com my test subjects will be blueberry ak 47 and hash plant.

Is that the same site that offers the "super strains" and panama red, Columbian gold, and Acapulco gold all crossed with white widow? I have looked at a few of their strains, one caught my eye about a year ago: "Hyperactive" but they no longer offer it :(

the plant will not flower until it is sexually mature, no matter the light cycle.

In reality, most strains will take just as long, if not longer to finish flowering, when put straight into 12/12 from seed. The plants are still going to go through a veg stage, they will just be doing it with less light.

Granted, the plants veg stage is shorter when in 12, because as soon as the plant is sexually mature, it will start to flower.

The reason most people go straight to 12/12 is to stunt the plants growth through veg because of a low ceiling or for a sea of green grow.

Different strains will sexually mature quicker then others. I'm not saying that doing it is wrong or anything, i just personally do not see any benefit other then size control

Archived