Clones

LIVERPOOL LASS

hi when the clones are in the dome do they need to be coved away from the light and can they go in the grow tent and what light should i use the MH or the HPS both are 600 watt also how long do they stay in the dome and do they stay in the grow tent after that under what light and how long for.

MH not HPS and keep them pretty far away. 600w will cook cuttings in no time if the light is close. Spray the inside of the dome to keep it frosty for the first few days.

• 2 weeks later...

I dome mine for a week, using HPS. After that they have a nice root ball and are transplanted into bigger pots. I just mist them every other day and mist the soil around them, replacing the dome each time. Some cuttings may take longer if they are older, from the top of the plant. I always take them from below the mid line of the plant.

• 1 month later...

I dome mine for a week, using HPS. After that they have a nice root ball and are transplanted into bigger pots. I just mist them every other day and mist the soil around them, replacing the dome each time. Some cuttings may take longer if they are older, from the top of the plant. I always take them from below the mid line of the plant.

I like to clone off the main part of the top of a plant where the TOP COLA will form...WHy So..? It allows the plant to Spread out side to side and get multiple new COLAS and i get a tuff clone. If u can clone fromt he top...you will get a tough lil Momma. Because cloning from the top takes more skill in most cases. yeas they take longer to root...but who cares. It will come when it feels like it not when we want it to...NATURE baby.!!

And finally cutting from the top sends huges stores of Auxins to auxillery bud sites to develop and kick into over drive. Again Nature is a beautiful thing.

Thx 2 one of my PT's I have a nice set of full spectrum t5's and a set of full-spectrum t8's. My t5's are 2 footers for use on a single cloning station, and my t8's are 4 footers that I can use either for 2 cloning stations or one big veg station. I get a nice full spectrum of light, and have no heat burn worries. You can buy a decent set for not much, or MacGyver your own for even less. I baby them til they have sufficient roots to relocate to next phase.

I like to clone off the main part of the top of a plant where the TOP COLA will form...WHy So..? It allows the plant to Spread out side to side and get multiple new COLAS and i get a tuff clone. If u can clone fromt he top...you will get a tough lil Momma. Because cloning from the top takes more skill in most cases. yeas they take longer to root...but who cares. It will come when it feels like it not when we want it to...NATURE baby.!!

And finally cutting from the top sends huges stores of Auxins to auxillery bud sites to develop and kick into over drive. Again Nature is a beautiful thing.

Why would this post get a negative rating? lol Everyone has and is entitled to their own methods , are they not? Couldn't whoever you are just have said "hey man, why do you do it that way?", or, "Okay, but i prefer this way...", rather a negative rating lol. Was it really that bad? lol

Why would this post get a negative rating? lol Everyone has and is entitled to their own methods , are they not? Couldn't whoever you are just have said "hey man, why do you do it that way?", or, "Okay, but i prefer this way...", rather a negative rating lol. Was it really that bad? lol

Yeah no kidding. And not only that, the above mentioned post was pretty much spot on. I normally found my best clones came from the top as well, but was unfortunately only able to do it once or twice, as I had more space for the mother to grow up than out. More topping than that just made Mom too bushy, as each cloned site would then brance out into two branches. Good for the plant, hard on the space. Even when I exprerimented topping the kids before they got too many nodes on them just made them too bushy for my flowering room space, but those unquestionably made the best clones.

Definitely didn't deserve a negative rating, imho.

Archived