Suggesting A "positive Mm Stories" Thread

Best Place for Positive MM Thread  

14 members have voted

1. 1. where do you think this thread should be

• Personal Experiences
    • Patient Issues
    • Other

I mentioned to a couple of the moderators here about having all the positive MM stories put into a special thread that would always be visible when people enter this site. They said it was a good idea. When someone first arrives here, whoever they are, whatever they're looking for, whatever their position on the issue is, they should see this "positive" thread, especially since Marijuana gets so much bad press. There are countless numbers of remarkable experiences from people who's lives have changed dramatically because of the benefits of MM- I have one waiting right now to add. To me, when a visitor or member comes in, they should be able to see the growing amount of evidence supporting what many of us already know- Medical Marijuana works. People need to see that MM patients are people much like anyone else, who are responsible, have families, careers, go to school, etc. The only difference is, they chose MM for their condition because they believe in its medicinal value, which has been well documented. Our president even seems to believe MM has value. These stories are from real people. The stories may not convince everyone of MM's validity, but they might at least consider the possibility that there may be something to it.

Sincerely, Sb

I won't start a thread, but I will post some positive information here.

The state is receiving around 1000 applications each week.

Thousands of people are now legally able to medicate with cannabis.

Thousands more are learning that cannabis has medicinal uses.

Michigan citizens are more supportive of medical cannabis now than they were on election day.

Some caregivers have saved their homes and cars because they can legally grow cannabis.

There has not been a flood of cannabis hitting our streets targeted at our children.

Cannabis is gaining acceptance daily, globally.

I could go on but as you can see, there's plenty to be happy about so let's be thankful.

GREAT idea!

Thanks! Do you have an idea where the best place to put the thread would be?

This site is a home away from home for me, I feel very protective of it, therefore I want to make sure people who come here understand the reason why we fight so hard for MM, because of all the benefits it has and how much it's changed the quality of life for so many suffering people. They need to see why so many risk their lives, risk ridicule, risk losing their jobs, homes, possessions, and freedom. Our visitors need to realize MM is REAL MEDICINE. I talked with someone today who told me how MM saved her life. I've read so many wonderful stories here. The thread could either be in "Personal Experiences," or "Patient Issues."

Sb

I won't start a thread, but I will post some positive information here.

The state is receiving around 1000 applications each week.

Thousands of people are now legally able to medicate with cannabis.

Thousands more are learning that cannabis has medicinal uses.

Michigan citizens are more supportive of medical cannabis now than they were on election day.

Some caregivers have saved their homes and cars because they can legally grow cannabis.

There has not been a flood of cannabis hitting our streets targeted at our children.

Cannabis is gaining acceptance daily, globally.

I could go on but as you can see, there's plenty to be happy about so let's be thankful.

Hi Brad! I think your post should be at the TOP of the positive stories thread. Thank you for sharing! Our visitors should see those stats in BIG, BOLD LETTERS!

Sb

Is an AWSOME IDEA!

Im not on any narcotics after 12yrs of chronic pain, mm is the best pain med ive ever done! and when I forget to use it, I dont break out in a swett! and I dont get ill, I just forget smile.gif when i had a terrible spring cold, I could hardly walk to my bathroom(chest congestion) which the door is rite next to my bed, I dont know why but i decided to medicate with mm. and I coughed a lil, than my lungs cleared up and I slept with clear lungs and pain free, there is no telling what else this beautiful plant can do!

Peace and thanks S.B

Jim

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

A category could be made for this, but other then putting the category at the top of the forum section in the "General Information" category, I'm not sure what you mean by: "special

thread that would always be visible when people enter this site"

Threads themselves are always within a category. So having a specific "thread" that's visible as soon as one opens the forum is a function no forum software utilizes as you've described it.

And who decides what's a "positive story" and whats not? So the forum category would be on post approval so the right kinds of topics were discussed?

If you guys get it hashed out what you'd like, I'd be happy to make something like this once the powers that be give me a "go-ahead".

Best

THANKS ALL who responded. I think it's important to have input from our community. A positive story is one that shows the benefits of MM, for example, what Jim said. It can also include the story I have waiting, about some research project in San Diego, which concluded that cannabis DOES have medicinal value. (Geesh, San Diego again). Anyway...

Jim, the story you posted here must be in that positive stories section. I will tell mine, too, in a different way.

Garfield, As far as I know, I don't know how this thread would be visible as soon as a visitor gets in, unless it was right on the main forums page. As far as who decides... There are a few ways to go about this. If I were the only one deciding, that wouldn't be democratic, even though it was my idea, I want community input. I don't wanna make more work for the moderators. What I'm thinking for now is just do what we've been doing- let the posts go through, if it's real obvious it doesn't belong there, someone can report it and have it removed. When in doubt, a second opinion is often helpful. If anyone else here has a suggestion on how it should work, let us know! As long as it stays on the MM topic it should be fine. There's an interesting twist to all this though, which has to be considered- many people discovered the benefits of mj before we had the MM law, so, for example, there was someone who smoked, who realized it helped with depression, and, someone who was in pain who tried many medications that made the condition worse, or didn't help at all, found mj to be very beneficial. As long as it emphasized the medical benefits, it would be ok. This seems clear cut to me, I hope it makes sense to others, too.

Although this thread was my idea, it belongs to us all. I hope we can all work together on it. To me, that's really why we're all here, to promote the benefits of MM and prove its validity through our personal experiences and the experiences of others. It's important to expose the negative side, too but shining a light on the positive stories helps put cannabis in its rightful place as a medicine, who's healing properties have been known for perhaps thousands of years.

Sincerely, Sb

As far as I know, I don't know how this thread would be visible as soon as a visitor gets in, unless it was right on the main forums page.

here is a screenshot of the lower half of the home page. maybe a link to your pinned thread in here somewhere with a snappy caption?

med_gallery_13801_60_99598.gif

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

You Said: Garfield, As far as I know, I don't know how this thread would be visible as soon as a visitor gets in, unless it was right on the main forums page.

Reply: Yes I could put a redirect so that when the sites url is put in a topic shows up first. But this isn't going to happen. It's not done on any other site in the world, and I'll not do something like that here. The static content that shows up will be url that resolves when the DNS for the sites url is input. Most people have no want or need to "start" in a forum topic they have no need for.

A better idea for something with some front page real estate is to make a static section in this forum for these "by approval only" topics with a big web graphic on the front page. This way people visiting the site that want to read personal success stories can't miss the link or the threads availability. But we're not forcing people to start out in a thread, once read, many wont visit often until new post are approved. Bottom line is were not going to channel every login through this one thread, that most people (my guess is 90+%) will read at most on a weekly basis(Or in my case even less).

Bottom line is having the DNS resolve to a specific thread is a horrible idea, and won't be done by myself. My gut tells me you'd be unable to even supply one link to any site on the web where this is the practice of a particular site

You Said:

As far as who decides... There are a few ways to go about this. If I were the only one deciding, that wouldn't be democratic, even though it was my idea, I want community input. I don't wanna make more work for the moderators. What I'm thinking for now is just do what we've been doing- let the posts go through, if it's real obvious it doesn't belong there, someone can report it and have it removed. When in doubt, a second opinion is often helpful. If anyone else here has a suggestion on how it should work, let us know! As long as it stays on the MM topic it should be fine. There's an interesting twist to all this though, which has to be considered- many people discovered the benefits of mj before we had the MM law, so, for example, there was someone who smoked, who realized it helped with depression, and, someone who was in pain who tried many medications that made the condition worse, or didn't help at all, found mj to be very beneficial. As long as it emphasized the medical benefits, it would be ok. This seems clear cut to me, I hope it makes sense to others, too.

Although this thread was my idea, it belongs to us all. I hope we can all work together on it. To me, that's really why we're all here, to promote the benefits of MM and prove its validity through our personal experiences and the experiences of others. It's important to expose the negative side, too but shining a light on the positive stories helps put cannabis in its rightful place as a medicine, who's healing properties have been known for perhaps thousands of years.

Sincerely, Sb

Reply: Really the rest of this post can be solved by the "Category" suggestion where the forum is by post approval only. This really isn't much work as mods read most post anyways, and can simply "approve" or "delete" a suggested thread.

Notes: Also I hope my saying the idea of having the site open on a particular thread being junk doesn't hurt any feelings. I just see no point in beating around the bush. I'm not saying it in a "mean" way. It's just not done, and I'll not even entertain the idea.

Garfield, I'm not hurt at all by anything you said. You expressed a lot more than I was consciously thinking, though some of it was partially thought through. I totally understand your reasoning and agree with you. I saw a term mentioned by someone, that I couldn't think of at the time I first proposed my ideas- centrally located. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Whatever you and any mod or admin feel is the best approach, I know is in the best interest of the community and our visitors.

Sincerely, Sb

here is a screenshot of the lower half of the home page. maybe a link to your pinned thread in here somewhere with a snappy caption?

med_gallery_13801_60_99598.gif

I was thinking of that but then thought similar to something Garfield said, so I didn't propose it, though I think it'd be a good idea. I'm ok with however he and anyone else in a decision making position on this handles it.

Sincerely, Sb

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

It's a fine Idea to have personal stories and a big web 2.0 looking graphic staring at people on the front page.....Just the part of making the thread the sites starting point....ewwwww *shutters*

Now if this is something you'd like to do, I can bring it up to the mods in the back end. I mean ultimately it's them that are going to be doing the all the approval work. But my estimations based on this forums size is there wouldn't be an initial push of more then 20 stories. Most likely much less. Then they would only have to approve them on a one to one basis.

Then the next question is: What kind of graphic should be made? Anyone have some ideas that may grab the casual browser by?

This is you guys baby....

hi Garfield I see from my poll it would fit best i n the personal experiences category so I'm gonna create it there at least it'll be there and if you wanna do anything else with it you'll know where to find it. I have no idea about a graphic, maybe others will. There are so many stories, I know it'll have more than 20. Thanks so much for your feedback. As I said, whatever is decided is fine by me.

Sincerely, Sb

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I was thinking it over and have n idea it'd be easy to draw, you know that symbol for health, draw that and put a pic of the mj plant on it.

Sb

Well, that's certainly an option bro. The Caduceus and pot leaf have been done a lot, but it's certainly easy to do. We'll see if we don't get some more suggestions. Not that I wouldn't make up the graphic, but lets see if we get some more original submissions.

Best

Well, that's certainly an option bro. The Caduceus and pot leaf have been done a lot, but it's certainly easy to do. We'll see if we don't get some more suggestions. Not that I wouldn't make up the graphic, but lets see if we get some more original submissions.

Best

Ok. I'm all for somethng more original. The idea I had was all I could think of at the time.

Sb

Archived