How Far Is Too Far In ?

Gangie

ok I have a clone from a strain I was not wanting to bud <mother>, was slowly using both nat and art. lighting, well she started her thing like maybe a week or so I noticed, is it too late to stop, how do I stop it, and whats too far to stop it??>.This is Alaskin Delight, is an AWESOME strain for both indoor and out, I'd hate to lose her, bugs/ water/drought, can't kill it!

ThanX

ok I have a clone from a strain I was not wanting to bud <mother>, was slowly using both nat and art. lighting, well she started her thing like maybe a week or so I noticed, is it too late to stop, how do I stop it, and whats too far to stop it??>.This is Alaskin Delight, is an AWESOME strain for both indoor and out, I'd hate to lose her, bugs/ water/drought, can't kill it!

ThanX

How many hours of light are you using and with what kind of light? Are you moving it from outside to inside at night or are you growing in a window? If it is only showing preflowers that is okay. It will veg away with enough light hours and still have preflowers.

ThanX

whats the flower time on that? i heard it was a real fast finisher???? like 40 days??

Stretch her out on a good strong veg light cycle time 18/6 or even 20/4 and then ease the time just a bit after a week or so she should continue nicely with small preflowers. If not take a clone from her and bloom away!! Maybe a little less outdoor play for her ;) Sounds like she's real eager!!!

Edit.... Yes i have heard they are a fast finisher as well like 40-50 in fact.. good call Bubble!

If she has original Alaskan Matanuska Thunderfuck in her lineage and she is actually autoflowering and not just showing lots of preflowers then there is an outside chance that a Ruderalis trait kicked in. If this is the case then try to clone her as quick as you can, and hope the clone doesn't autoflower also.

Guest finallyfree09

You can still clone in flowering and you can put it outside. It will reveg indoors or outdoors this time of year.

very true but... don't forget to acclimate the plant to sunlight for a couple of hours everyday BEFORE it is transplanted outside. just saw a HORRIFIC case of sunburn caused by not acclimating the plant to sunlight after it had lived its whole life under artificial lights. nearly killed the thing. now its just a stalk with little tiny leaves starting to grow all over. it'll be ok (as long as it doesn't herm out from the stress) but it lost a couple of weeks worth of growth because of that.

good luck! :)

I have her under 400 right now, 18 hours , was tryn to ween to put out doors., it looks a little passed preflowers., is that too late? 18 hrs on now, should I up it?

Once a mother plant gets to a larger size she can form clusters of preflowers that can fool you into thinking she is flowering. This may not be the case with your situation but it happens.

Well It is a very fast finisher, And super strong, I love it, as does anyone who trys it., thats Y I'd hate to lose her...So you think just acclimate her to the outside light, that should be enough to bring her back to vegging?

....Thanks for the input, I'm not sure how or where i'd replace her ..

Well It is a very fast finisher, And super strong, I love it, as does anyone who trys it., thats Y I'd hate to lose her...So you think just acclimate her to the outside light, that should be enough to bring her back to vegging?

....Thanks for the input, I'm not sure how or where i'd replace her ..

The first thing you need to do is take some cuts to attempt to clone her just in case you lose her, then follow the others directions.

Yes... defiantly... Take a couple few cuts as soon as possible... get them under a good solid veg cycle they will probably revert to veg.... Sound like a fun strain!! There are possibility's in those genetics... ;)

Archived