Po Box

LedFloyd

I think for caregiver info some have said they don't want patients to know were they grow. I think that most would assume you grow at home. So if your patients have your address they could assume that is were your grow is. I think this is why some choose PO box or UPS or something.

PO Boxes are pretty much useless for hiding your identity. The Post Office requires a real mailing address for you to open one and for small fee (use to be a stamped self addressed envelope and $1) the post master will send you the real name and address of the box owner.

Any one know the policy that UPS uses?

PO Boxes are pretty much useless for hiding your identity. The Post Office requires a real mailing address for you to open one and for small fee (use to be a stamped self addressed envelope and $1) the post master will send you the real name and address of the box owner.

Any one know the policy that UPS uses?

Who cares as long as a potential patient doesnt know your address, and I highly doubt that USPS is going to give a random person your physical address.

part is i don't want patients to know other part is i don't think the msp needs my address....

As a patient I find it disconcerting that you would not want your Patients to know where you are growing THEIR medicine. Would you please provide a rational for not wanting YOUR Patients, the very people who have put their TRUST in you, to know where, to be able to see, touch, feel, and love, the MEDICINE that have entrusted you to grow for them? Sunlight is the ultimate disinfectant.

As a patient I find it disconcerting that you would not want your Patients to know where you are growing THEIR medicine.

i totally understand your initial opinion, but i beg you to think of it like this........... i have no desire to tour the advil factory.... i just trust they are operating up to government standards when i eat that headache pill. same trust must be had with your c.g.

on the other hand....... god forbid you get attacked coming out of a grocery store because someone knows i am your caregiver. i may trust you like i trust my wife, but with a gun to your head things change. and yes, some c.g.'s do in fact use their personal residence as their grow facility as well. now we are possibly talking about the safety of wives and children. not to mention other peoples medicine that may be growing there too.

far fetched i know....... but it happens.... has happened..... and will continue to happen. and it aint happening to me.if your meds work for you, you shouldnt have any other concerns. if you desire organic nutrients, then you must trust that i am using organic nutrients. you don't need to watch me water my plants to be sure.

of course if you have invested money in equipment thats a different story.

just my 2 cents.

on the other hand, if you are a patient who demands to know where the plants are i am positive there are c.g.'s out there to accomodate you. i was giving you the rationale that i have :D plants are cool yeah, but there is a lot of safety and money involved with a medical quality grow operation.

i totally understand your initial opinion, but i beg you to think of it like this........... i have no desire to tour the advil factory.... i just trust they are operating up to government standards when i eat that headache pill. same trust must be had with your c.g.

on the other hand....... god forbid you get attacked coming out of a grocery store because someone knows i am your caregiver. i may trust you like i trust my wife, but with a gun to your head things change. and yes, some c.g.'s do in fact use their personal residence as their grow facility as well. now we are possibly talking about the safety of wives and children. not to mention other peoples medicine that may be growing there too.

far fetched i know....... but it happens.... has happened..... and will continue to happen. and it aint happening to me.if your meds work for you, you shouldnt have any other concerns. if you desire organic nutrients, then you must trust that i am using organic nutrients. you don't need to watch me water my plants to be sure.

of course if you have invested money in equipment thats a different story.

just my 2 cents.

on the other hand, if you are a patient who demands to know where the plants are i am positive there are c.g.'s out there to accomodate you. i was giving you the rationale that i have :D plants are cool yeah, but there is a lot of safety and money involved with a medical quality grow operation.

I completely understand your points. As I understand it though, we are not talking about Advil here.

I completely understand your points. As I understand it though, we are not talking about Advil here.

Who owns the plants that are being grown? Section 333.26426 Administration and enforcement of rules by department. Sec. 6. (a) The department shall issue registry identification cards to qualifying patients who submit the following, in accordance with the department's rules: (6) If the qualifying patient designates a primary caregiver, a designation as to whether the qualifying patient or primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to possess marihuana plants for the qualifying patient's medical use. 333.26424 Qualifying patient or primary caregiver; arrest, prosecution, or penalty prohibited; conditions; presumption; compensation; physician subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty prohibited; marihuana paraphernalia; person in presence or vicinity to medical use of marihuana; registry identification issued outside of department; sale of marihuana as felony; penalty. 4. Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana. (A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed: (2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility; and. Do I misunderstand the lines, "to possess marihuana plants for the qualifying patient's medical use" and "to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient"? I interpret that to mean the plants ownership is that of the Patients. I also want to add I am NOT trying to argue with anyone, discuss is the operative word.

Who owns the plants that are being grown? Section 333.26426 Administration and enforcement of rules by department. Sec. 6. (a) The department shall issue registry identification cards to qualifying patients who submit the following, in accordance with the department's rules: (6) If the qualifying patient designates a primary caregiver, a designation as to whether the qualifying patient or primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to possess marihuana plants for the qualifying patient's medical use.

well, thats between the patient and caregiver. in my operation i own the lights. i pay the electric bill as it comes. you never even know how much it is. i obtain the strains. whether that mean paying for seeds via the internet, buying clones locally, or trading. i buy the nutrients.... i buy everything. i harvest. i cure. i own my plants.......................... then i present medicine to you.

(6) If the qualifying patient designates a primary caregiver, a designation as to whether the qualifying patient or primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to possess marihuana plants for the qualifying patient's medical use.

and the law just says that i may possess plants for your use.

once again, this is just my opinion. and really everything is on a patient/c.g. individual basis.

IMHO the law was written in this mind-set:

"i am a patient, but im really sick. i bought everything to grow, but im not physically able to so i am going to designate someone to help me. i understand that this person may be legally compensated for his time in assisting me. and if need be, i can keep the plants at his house so he can keep a closer eye on them and i may have to help with the electric bill there too"

now when i read it, thats what i think..... but what if it isnt like that?? what if you don't wanna spend a thousand dollars or so just to get running??? what if you don't wanna mess with any of it.... you just wanna medicate. well then i think the game has changed.and the mindset of those same words becomes:

"i am a patient who is broke as a joke and cannot even think about financing a postage stamp, let alone a grow room. but since i need my meds, i am going to pick this person to buy my weed from at a price that we have agreed upon because he is a kind, caring person and i can medicate cheaper than paying high dollar at a dispensary."

scenario A: you own the plants IMO

scenario B: the plants are mine B)

well, thats between the patient and caregiver. in my operation i own the lights. i pay the electric bill as it comes. you never even know how much it is. i obtain the strains. whether that mean paying for seeds via the internet, buying clones locally, or trading. i buy the nutrients.... i buy everything. i harvest. i cure. i own my plants.......................... then i present medicine to you.

and the law just says that i may possess plants for your use.

once again, this is just my opinion. and really everything is on a patient/c.g. individual basis.

Possession equals ownership, hmmmm. You can possess something and still not own it. I for sure am not trying to tell anyone how their PT/CG should be. I would never be so pretentious, I was just trying to make the point that your plants, are your plants, are your plants. This of course should be hashed out before a seed is ever dropped. Trust.

IMHO the law was written in this mind-set:

"i am a patient, but im really sick. i bought everything to grow, but im not physically able to so i am going to designate someone to help me. i understand that this person may be legally compensated for his time in assisting me. and if need be, i can keep the plants at his house so he can keep a closer eye on them and i may have to help with the electric bill there too"

now when i read it, thats what i think..... but what if it isnt like that?? what if you don't wanna spend a thousand dollars or so just to get running??? what if you don't wanna mess with any of it.... you just wanna medicate. well then i think the game has changed.and the mindset of those same words becomes:

"i am a patient who is broke as a joke and cannot even think about financing a postage stamp, let alone a grow room. but since i need my meds, i am going to pick this person to buy my weed from at a price that we have agreed upon because he is a kind, caring person and i can medicate cheaper than paying high dollar at a dispensary."

scenario A: you own the plants IMO

scenario B: the plants are mine B)

I'd like to see what the rest of the community has to say here, wish we could get some input, maybe it needs it's own topic. In both of your scenarios the Act wasn't changed though and the Act is what we are discussing, not one's mindset. I understand the all risks, but those were risks some took. No-one told anyone to invest $75,000 in a grow room. Why would anyone do that for a handful of people they don't know and care even less about? That has to be the situation otherwise, as a Compassionate Caregiver, one would be more then accommodating when the patient asked to see the plants that they have been entrusted to grow. IMHO that Act was wrote with the Patient in mind, protecting Patients rights was the main objective. A Patient should be able to trust their Caregiver, and likewise the Caregiver trust the Patient, transparency in all aspects of the interaction between those parties is key.

Why would I not want my grow address on back of my patients cards??

REAL SIMPLE!

How many friends have asked to see your card already? TONS I am sure and if

not in your case many others have shown their cards to friends and I have no

desire for their friends to have any clue where I may or may not do my business.

What if a patient isnt the good person you thought or they get in a bad situation

with money or any number of things it just is not worth the risk....

Patients may or may not own the plants I do not know that BUT I know if the patient

assigns a CG and the patients card says they are not allowed to posses plants the CG

should destroy the plants in front of the patient so they are no longer utilized in your

count and the patient sees that but you are covering your butt by not giving plants to

someone whose card says they are not allowed to posses them.

I think most patients would just look at it like you the caregiver are growing the MM for them the patient thats it. I think most wouldn't really even worry about who really OWNS them. They just want there meds and no hassle or cost of a grow start up or operation. I think the law is written like that to avoid the words selling Marihuana. This way your not selling Marihuana your getting compensated for taking care of plants and helping a patient with other needs. Thats the way I see it. I am new though so do not know everything. I think I would probably show any patients that I may have my grow if they felt it necesary.I will everything very secure so I would not be to worried about robbers or anything. Locked home,attic grow room locked and pull down latter locked ;) thats my plans plus 3 dogs. I think most people are honest it is just too many people start knowing and sooner or later someone that should not know will find out

As a patient I find it disconcerting that you would not want your Patients to know where you are growing THEIR medicine. Would you please provide a rational for not wanting YOUR Patients, the very people who have put their TRUST in you, to know where, to be able to see, touch, feel, and love, the MEDICINE that have entrusted you to grow for them? Sunlight is the ultimate disinfectant.

Because i live in flint,michigan .... to me thats a good enough reason to not let patients i pick up at a CC (if i do) Know where i live.... all it takes is someone to shoot there mouth off or point my house out.... 8 cop cars for the entire city.....1hr + response time....20 murders this year already..... Rather be safe then Dead....

Just trying to share my Quality meds

I thought this thread was about which address to include on the State form. Somehow, the tread has gone to how to ship and receive drugs and medication, what info to keep from patients, where one may or may not be growing, hiding your identity, ownership of the plants, and possession of the plants. The most of this thread should be heading to the “off topic” thread.

Again, to answer the question asked, the form clearly asks for a mailing address. Put down the address to which you receive your mail. You will receive your card to this address!

I'm going to have to agree with most of you. Quite frankly, there are TOO many big mouthed people out there. And this may sound bad, but i don't really think that the Caregiver is obligated to trust the patient in this matter. Again, there are too many people out there that think they are, per say, "cool" bcuz they have a patient card. If a patient is getting quality meds that are DOING THE JOB, they should not have any reason whatsoever to want to see their CGs operation or know where it's located. But, just like BG said, I'm SURE there are CGs out there that would be more than willing to let their patients tour their grow room.

Archived