Marijuana As An "exit" Drug

Guest finallyfree09

Guest finallyfree09

i believe that addiction to hard drugs and alcohol is a medical condition not a criminal one. it is frustrating to me that people go to jail solely because they are sick. tell me one heroin addict that has hit rock bottom and looks healthy as an ox.

i know many people that have quit using oxycontin and alcohol by smoking marijuana. to me it is a viable medical treatment for addiciton.

here's some proof to bolster my argument cool.gif

*broken link removed*

addiction to hard drugs and alcohol are debilitating medical conditions that cause chronic pain, nausea, and a number of other qualifying conditions in some people.

it is time to add drug and alcohol addiction to the list of qualifying medical conditions imho.

i believe that addiction to hard drugs and alcohol is a medical condition not a criminal one. it is frustrating to me that people go to jail solely because they are sick. tell me one heroin addict that has hit rock bottom and looks healthy as an ox.

i know many people that have quit using oxycontin and alcohol by smoking marijuana. to me it is a viable medical treatment for addiciton.

*broken link removed*

addiction to hard drugs and alcohol are debilitating medical conditions that cause chronic pain, nausea, and a number of other qualifying conditions in some people.

it is time to add drug and alcohol addiction to the list of qualifying medical conditions imho.

Marijuana never fails to amaze me!

I agree that cannabis helps the symptoms of withdrawal from alcohol and or opiates.

A person could get on methadone or Suboxone and get a recommendation from a doctor for the side effects caused by the medication to treat the addiction. Methadone and Suboxone can cause severe nausea and wasting syndrome.

Finallyfree... I agree with you... but it is easier to train LEO to use a 'billy club' than it is to train a 'substance abuse counselor'.

And as with most things once something is made 'illegal' and money can be made by both LEO AND the 'suppliers' of the illegal substance by keeping it illegal... it becomes next to impossible to reverse that situation.

The only thing that has worked so far is for the 'people' to 'vote' for these major changes just as Michigan did for MMJ and California will do this November for 'full' legalization.

If the changes we all would like to see are left up to our politicians and LEO... these changes will NEVER come about.

Once again, just my penny's worth

*broken link removed*

How true are your words! If not for marijuana I would not have been able to detox. If you detox under a Dr's care you MUST not take any opiates for 72 hours prior to the administration of Soboxone. I thought I was going to crawl up a wall until my husband reminded me to try to vape some MM to help with the withdrawal symptoms, yes it helped a lot. The anxiety was the worst for me. I don't seem to have the psychological aspect of dependency because I didn't crave the opiates, I just wanted to get through the 72 hours and be clean. I took Oxycontin 40 mg three times a day plus Oxycodone for break through pain up to 4 times a day for the last 4 years. Its to bad MM is looked at as a bad thing by some of the medical community. Its really sadder that our doctors are puppets for all the RX companies as well.

Dizz

• 1 month later...

How true are your words! If not for marijuana I would not have been able to detox. If you detox under a Dr's care you MUST not take any opiates for 72 hours prior to the administration of Soboxone. I thought I was going to crawl up a wall until my husband reminded me to try to vape some MM to help with the withdrawal symptoms, yes it helped a lot. The anxiety was the worst for me. I don't seem to have the psychological aspect of dependency because I didn't crave the opiates, I just wanted to get through the 72 hours and be clean. I took Oxycontin 40 mg three times a day plus Oxycodone for break through pain up to 4 times a day for the last 4 years. Its to bad MM is looked at as a bad thing by some of the medical community. Its really sadder that our doctors are puppets for all the RX companies as well.

Dizz

My doctor just requested that I abstain from opiate use for 24 hours before induction of suboxone, but even that was just a request. I was taking about the same amounts of oxycontin as you. DT from that much oc SUCKS!, not as bad as methadone or fentanyl, but still horrible. I agree that MMJ is great for opiate withdrawal symptoms. It is also very effective for alcohol DT. I am enjoying being pain free right now because of some Indica with mostly amber trichs. These meds are great for treating pain, and getting off the old pain meds too.

Good Idea...Treat addiction with cannabis

Make life fun again

I spent all night once with some tough looking characters I met somehow at like 3 am and ended up back at their house. They were crashing off some crazy hard drugs I thought they were gonna get really weird on me but I kept pulling buds out of my pocket one after another I had this really fantastic beautiful indica which was very rare then (late eighties)For some reason I had the buds not in a bag but just in my pocket and it was like every bowl we smoked they got better and better...

By morning light they were rolling around on the front lawn laughing

Marijuana saved my 'donkey' that night...hey, and maybe theirs too!

It was a trip to see the transformation biggrin.gif

Archived