Juicing Marijuana?

Guest finallyfree09

This is excellent! The powers of marijuana continue to grow! People need to spread this article around so that more "non-believers" of MJ can see how helpful it really is.

I sent a link to someone before, she asked me "Where was that published, High Times?".....it was from the National Cancer Institute.

My point, the ones that oppose have there heads so far up there donkey that they can not see the truth.

Lol, I'm not sure if that sounds yummy or not, but I bet with the right blend of produce it could be delicious! A patient could probably take shooters of the stuff thru the day for steady low dose relief, and get a whole host of bennies from the rest of the ingredients used. Maybe even tailor the juice blends to specific ailments... This is very intriguing and cool, thanks finallyfree!

hello there all, I suffer from a life threating blood disorder my life expectancy is a young 30 - 35 yrs old, THANK GOD for marijuana cause my life was going to be much shorter w/ all the medications I was taking Oxy's Fentanyl, Xanax, Valium etc I have been on these meds since I have been around 12- 15 yrs old, smoked pot when I was around 18 was arrested for possession =/ ; now 10+ yrs later of narcotics and I'M CLEAN THANKS TO THE HELP OF QUALITY MARIJUANA, so those who say MM isn't going to serve a purpose? I would have died far sooner than the doctors are telling me if I continued on the narcotics prescribed to "help" my pain.... I've been clean of all drugs since Jan'17th'10 THANK YOU FOR FINALLY PRESCIBING A MEDICINE THAT IS HELPING ME LIVE NOT KILLING ME SLOWER!!!!!

hello there all, I suffer from a life threating blood disorder my life expectancy is a young 30 - 35 yrs old, THANK GOD for marijuana cause my life was going to be much shorter w/ all the medications I was taking Oxy's Fentanyl, Xanax, Valium etc I have been on these meds since I have been around 12- 15 yrs old, smoked pot when I was around 18 was arrested for possession =/ ; now 10+ yrs later of narcotics and I'M CLEAN THANKS TO THE HELP OF QUALITY MARIJUANA, so those who say MM isn't going to serve a purpose? I would have died far sooner than the doctors are telling me if I continued on the narcotics prescribed to "help" my pain.... I've been clean of all drugs since Jan'17th'10 THANK YOU FOR FINALLY PRESCIBING A MEDICINE THAT IS HELPING ME LIVE NOT KILLING ME SLOWER!!!!!

• 1 month later...

sounds like a good time to ask about something i heard years ago, but didn't want to waste any bud to find out.

is it true, that it has to go through a heating process before it becomes active? i mean, from what i've been told (again, don't know if it's BS or true), you can't just take a bud and eat it, it has to be heated, whether during the transfer to butters/oils, etc.

you can't just take a bud and juice it, right?

The taste is an aquired taste. I don't strain my infused oils or tinctures. My reciipe for honey sliders is very good in green tea or black tea. My infused oil is used on salads with powdered MM mixed in it. I dabble a bit in herbal medicine and there are to many good things left behind in the plant IMHO. I can tell you it must slow down cell destruction because no one can guess my true age. I've never really smoked it but stuck with medibles and recently purchased a vape.

Anyone looking for recipes PM me or check the tutorials.

Dizz

sounds like a good time to ask about something i heard years ago, but didn't want to waste any bud to find out.

is it true, that it has to go through a heating process before it becomes active? i mean, from what i've been told (again, don't know if it's BS or true), you can't just take a bud and eat it, it has to be heated, whether during the transfer to butters/oils, etc.

you can't just take a bud and juice it, right?

Yes, you can just take and juice a bud. Will it be a nasty sticky mess? Hell yeah! Here's a bit about drying....

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2794.html

Decarboxylation

By Ed Rosenthal - Thursday, January 2 2003

Tags:

* Ask Ed

* CC40

* GROWING

* Indoor

Does marijuana have to be heated to become psychoactive?

I bought a Coldfinger to make an extract, but my problem is this: Doesn't marijuana have to be heated to become psychoactive?

My solution was to put the marijuana in the oven before putting it in the Coldfinger. But I have no idea how long I should leave it in there, let alone at what temperature. I know THC boils at 392 degrees F. But other cannabinoids, which are essential to the experience, boil off much more quickly. At what temperature can I decarboxylate the THC, while still preserving some of the cannabinoids?

Hockeypoo,

Internet,

Marijuana produces THCA, an acid with the carboxylic group (COOH) attached. In its acid form, THC is not very active. It is only when the carboxyl group is removed that THC becomes psychoactive. When marijuana is smoked, the THC behind the hot spot is vaporized as the hot air from the burn is drawn through the joint or pipe bowl to the unburned material. The liquid THC and other cannabinoids have a boiling point of between 180-200? C (355-392? F). Before they turn gaseous, at around 106? C (220? F), the carboxyl group is released from the molecule as carbon dioxide and water vapor.

You will be extracting the THC using low heat in the commercially made Coldfinger Extractor. (They have a very interesting online catalog at www.edenlabs.org). The THC will not reach a temperature in which decarboxylation takes place. However, if you plan to vaporize or smoke the extract decarboxylation will take place as the oil is used.

However, it is easy to make sure all the THC is decarboxylated and is at full strength before it is extracted. Although decarboxylation takes place rapidly at 106? C, it proceeds at a more gradual pace by placing the cannabis in a room with low relative humidity and room temperature. As the temperature rises, the rate of decarboxylation increases.

Cannabis can also be placed in a food dehydrator to remove the carboxyl group. Although the heat in the food dehydrator doesn't rise to 106? C, the temperature is warm enough to promote drying and the release of the water and CO2. When the marijuana is crispy and brittle you can be assured that the carboxyl group has been removed from the cannabinoids and they are ready for extraction or removal from the plant material.

Readers with grow questions (or answers) should send them to Ed at: Ask Ed, PMB 147, 530 Divisadero St., San Francisco, California 94117, USA

You can also email Ed at AskEd@cannabisculture.com, and send queries via his website at www.ask-ed.net.

All featured questions will be rewarded with a copy of Ed's Marijuana Question? Ask Ed.. Sorry, Ed cannot send personal replies to your questions.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to make a simple herbal tea directly from marijuana leaves? Is there more involved than that?

Yes indeed,friend. Take your favorite tea(if you'd like added flavor) and empty some into a metal tea steeper ball. Grind up some Cannabis and put that in as well. Put some water in a pot with some milk. The milk is needed to bind with the thc. And steep for an hour. Then strain through a coffee filter to get the little bits out. It sounds like alot but its not too bad and delicious...personally I like a spiced chai. Enjoy!

Hi trix !!!!

Many thanks for your sharing !!!! What is the name of your disorder ? And congrads on being clean these past 9 months !!!

Dr. jinx

Guest Marywanna

Yes indeed,friend. Take your favorite tea(if you'd like added flavor) and empty some into a metal tea steeper ball. Grind up some Cannabis and put that in as well. Put some water in a pot with some milk. The milk is needed to bind with the thc. And steep for an hour. Then strain through a coffee filter to get the little bits out. It sounds like alot but its not too bad and delicious...personally I like a spiced chai. Enjoy!

Thank You!!

Archived