Need Real Answers Now 911

I think we can get her a doctors letter on Saturday, if she hasn't got it yet from another source.

Can she get to Ypsilanti?

As for records .. doesn't she have any printouts of tests or billings? She almost HAS to have copies of SOMETHING that says "cancer" on it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the thread starter:

I just lost a patient that I supported for nearly a year. During that time I worked at getting donations of marijuana to make this hemp oil for the patient.

There were other patients that received hemp oil over that year period.

Providing for that single patient greatly reduced our ability to help other patients.

There were a lot of other people that donated to the patients starting materials. Most of what was supplied to him was from us.

If he were consuming at the rate of 1 gm per day, then one year's supply would have been 365 grams of hemp oil.

I've made a lot of batches of hemp oil over the last year. Something I've noticed is the variation in how much marijuana is needed to make one gram of the hemp oil.

How much is produced can depend a lot on which strain is used. So far, I've seen White Widow produce the most oil per ounce of marijuana used.

With ww from three different sources, all three seemed to produce at the rate of 4.5 grams of oil for each ounce of starting bud. I've seen strains that produce two grams per ounce.

So 365 grams of hemp oil would have taken (365 / 4.5 = 81) over 80 ounces or five pounds.

Would anyone like to quote a price for pounds of White Widow? NOT as an offer .. just "rumor has it .."

Normal Simpson procedure would have the patient consuming about a pound of ww cooked down.

For the thread starter:

I just lost a patient that I supported for nearly a year. During that time I worked at getting donations of marijuana to make this hemp oil for the patient.

There were other patients that received hemp oil over that year period.

Providing for that single patient greatly reduced our ability to help other patients.

There were a lot of other people that donated to the patients starting materials. Most of what was supplied to him was from us.

If he were consuming at the rate of 1 gm per day, then one year's supply would have been 365 grams of hemp oil.

I've made a lot of batches of hemp oil over the last year. Something I've noticed is the variation in how much marijuana is needed to make one gram of the hemp oil.

How much is produced can depend a lot on which strain is used. So far, I've seen White Widow produce the most oil per ounce of marijuana used.

With ww from three different sources, all three seemed to produce at the rate of 4.5 grams of oil for each ounce of starting bud. I've seen strains that produce two grams per ounce.

So 365 grams of hemp oil would have taken (365 / 4.5 = 81) over 80 ounces or five pounds.

Would anyone like to quote a price for pounds of White Widow? NOT as an offer .. just "rumor has it .."

Normal Simpson procedure would have the patient consuming about a pound of ww cooked down.

But if you get a few advanced caregivers to donate all their bud trim...

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/topic/5076-the-cancer-project

Depending on donations of materials produces hit and miss results.

I may need to just go after cash funding. I can't grow enough to help everyone that I could give this to.

I sure can't buy enough.

I will be at the meeting.. I have no means to help her other than getting her all the proper paperwork she would possibly need to know the law 100% and get certified..I will have a complete packet ready for her and make phone calls to others who may be more able to help her in the more healthful way. I also have a phone number for a mm friendly dr who Im sure would be happy to recommend for her.. May i suggest you truthfully talk to her family about the scope of a mm treatment for her would mean based on the statements made by pb and maybe they can help with the cost and labor of the treatment. I will do all i can..

I am presently faced with a similar problem...67 y/o grandmother, MS patient. Was given pain injections directly into her brain, and now the spots where the injections went are showing signs of brain cancer. She is a fine upstanding woman, doesn't smoke anything, doesn't drink alcohol, never even had a parking ticket. She rarely gets 3 hrs. of sleep a night due to the extreme pain. Well her grand-daughter took her a "magic marijuana" cookie and this woman slept for 7 hrs straight for the first time in years. She called me, in tears of relief and wants me to help her get her recommendation, which should be easy, if not for her mean, unco-operative oncologist, who is giving her a hard time about her choice to try cannabis and won't release her records without a consult. I volunteered to be her advocate at her doctors office, but she doesn't want to cause a ruckus there. I explained that these are her records, not her doctor's...but she still is hesitant. Now, I've found a caregiver who is willing to help her with or without the proper paper work, and, being the upright citizen that she is, she fears that she would see jail time if we broke the law to help her, so she won't take any help until she is legal. Breaks my heart, but I won't give up on her. She deserves some dignity in her dying...what a quandry...

Peace...j.b.

Yeah there is not much you can do for MS...This lady however has cancer which if she had a decent doctor he would have pushed treatment and told her about this law. Guess he is just to busy to care...

I will be at the meeting.. I have no means to help her other than getting her all the proper paperwork she would possibly need to know the law 100% and get certified..I will have a complete packet ready for her and make phone calls to others who may be more able to help her in the more healthful way. I also have a phone number for a mm friendly dr who Im sure would be happy to recommend for her.. May i suggest you truthfully talk to her family about the scope of a mm treatment for her would mean based on the statements made by pb and maybe they can help with the cost and labor of the treatment. I will do all i can..

Well as far as her family helping with expenses, that is not an option either. There is a whole story about this lady's daughter and her husband I could share but won't. Long story short they have no money. That is the frustrating ling. I mean as far as me starting a caregiver operation I can charge all the equipment and pay it off later. Obviously I cant use a charge card for her medication or I would. Either way I am going to that meeting, I just hope she will come. I need to know what I or we will ned to bring.

It is just weird how this came up the day AFTER I started looking back into being a caregiver.

Why dont you just get the medical release forms from a medical marijuana clinic, sign them or have your grandma sign them, and then allow the clinic to gather all her paperwork for her? Sounds like the best way to go about it.......

Because the whatever you want to call them that run those clinics charge a lot of money to see them plus the cost for the card. It is not my grandma it is a friends grandma. She is very poor. She worked almost her whole life at the same hospital my wife works at and they let her go because they had to make cuts. Her son and daughter do not work (by choice I think) and also have no money. Her granddaughter and her husband are in the process of attempting to gain custody of their niece because her mother is a scumbag and they are paying thousands to lawyers and the state to file papers so they have limited funds as well....

I downloaded Run From The Cure and got all but the tail end. He said you need like a pound of really high quality weed to make the oil. I have no resources to get pounds of it to make the oil. After watching the video I do believe that is her best option. Also she was only given three months because she turned down treatment. Between clinics and wait time she would be dead as a doornail by the time the states way would be there for her.

It also sounds like the existing caregivers who could help so far have no overages for her so I truly am at a loss.

She doesn't have that kind of time.....She would have to go see the people at the clinic and has no money to pay for that, then wait for her card which I believe also cost money she does not have. Then she could wait upwards of three months (which is the amount of time she has left anyway), the more I think about this particular situation the more I am seeing that there isn't a whole lot that could be done for her unless some sort of drastic action is taken...I do not have the funds sadly for that either or I would help...Not to mention as I said I do not have any way to get my hands on really realy good weed that would be worthy of the oil I believe she needs......

Hell my mom has skin cancer on her face that this oil can treat and I have no methods or starting point for her either! I am just angry and frustrated! The state passed a half donkey law to supposedly help people and made it so darn vague and made the process of being legal so long and drawn out that there was really not much of a point to even putting it to vote as far as I am concerned.......

She doesn't have that kind of time.....She would have to go see the people at the clinic and has no money to pay for that, then wait for her card which I believe also cost money she does not have. Then she could wait upwards of three months (which is the amount of time she has left anyway), the more I think about this particular situation the more I am seeing that there isn't a whole lot that could be done for her unless some sort of drastic action is taken...I do not have the funds sadly for that either or I would help...Not to mention as I said I do not have any way to get my hands on really realy good weed that would be worthy of the oil I believe she needs......

The answer to the question how much:

A pound of ww can be purchased in CA or OR for about $2500.

Out of a dispensary here would be about $4,000 - $6,000.

Here is the thing I am for sure going to be in Clare on Saturday...If someone that can be there or knows someone who can be there and can send or bring even a small amount of the oil for her to at least try it would be greatly appreciated. Her granddaughters husband said she probably wont be able to go as they are in the process of attempting to mover her in with the daughter and her husband. I am going to hand out my cell number again and would greatly appreciate a call from anyone who knows anything about what I can bring on her behalf to the meeting if I can get it. My cell number is 231-912-7323. I have been at this computer for three days straight and have gotten no further than I was when I started as far as real answers. However I have learned of ways to help her, I have no real way of doing any of these things for her and everyone on here knows that even if I direct her to another caregiver the time she has been given to live just doesn't mesh with the time needed for her to get a card.

I want nothing more for her than for her to be able to go to that awful doctor and show improvement. That is the outcome I want for her.

The answer to the question how much:

A pound of ww can be purchased in CA or OR for about $2500.

Out of a dispensary here would be about $4,000 - $6,000.

Right see it all even still comes down to money. Even with caregivers. None of us in this situation have that kind of cash...Seems like the medical marijuana biz (although the medicine is better for you and actually works) is still just as much like drug companies as anything else.

Right see it all even still comes down to money. Even with caregivers. None of us in this situation have that kind of cash...Seems like the medical marijuana biz (although the medicine is better for you and actually works) is still just as much like drug companies as anything else.

Which will all change when it is completely legalized.

The cost of growing something like this outdoors would be like $4 per pound.

well either way it doesn't sound like there are any real answers or that there is anyone that can or is willing to help..As I am not yet a caregiver I am pretty limited especially considering that even as it stands I have no place to get anything decent enough to help her. I as of yet have received no calls to my cell or any answers or plausible solutions for her so again I am at a loss. I told her granddaughter a few minutes ago that I will at least need a note from her doc to bring with me stating what he told her so I can present that at that meeting. Still however beyond that it does not sound like that meeting will help her much, but I will at least be able to get input on how to become a caregiver myself so I can help SOMEONE at some point... I am just trying to sound as positive for her granddaughter as possible despite knowing I probably can't help...It really does suck.

Which will all change when it is completely legalized.

The cost of growing something like this outdoors would be like $4 per pound.

I know all you need is a good spot some decent fertilizer that isn't chemical based,but even when it's legal I am sure they won't allow you to grow outdoors because heaven forbid someone get their hands on a plant or two of this evil stuff.

Guest Medicinal Patient

I am confused by your numerous comments. You are all over the place. When you as a potential caregiver start out by asking if she is shat out of luck, there is a problem. Thats something a dr would say. "Sorry you have 3 months to live so you are shat outta luck go home to die" Yes she needs luck but right now this poor woman needs COMPASSION. You or your wife are willing to be her caregiver yet won't be able to do more than point the grand daughter to simpson oil info because if you help her you can't support your kids. So you can't help? You mention you already have meds that are done so what are you waiting for? You don't seem very confident in being able to caregive for this poor woman so my advice is to give the grand daughter this website and have her come and request help for her grandma and I am sure she will find someone with meds ready who are willing to share. It sounds like she won't be able to smoke meds with her lung cancer so are you able to help her receive med mj in other forms other than smoking it? You imho aren't qualified to caregive for her. You can't even find a strain of meds to produce or purchase for her. She is extremely poor and you aren't able to get off the ground it sounds like. I still don't understand why you have meds ready yet won't share with a suffering woman with months to live. Yeah great its not legal but neither is the plants you have ready. Just about everyones been illegal at some point. This poor woman needs some help. Please don't sign this poor woman after her fees are cared for. That wouldn't be fair to her in the least. Please find someone else to make your current product legal to possess.

I am confused by your numerous comments. You are all over the place. When you as a potential caregiver start out by asking if she is shat out of luck, there is a problem. Thats something a dr would say. "Sorry you have 3 months to live so you are shat outta luck go home to die" Yes she needs luck but right now this poor woman needs COMPASSION. You or your wife are willing to be her caregiver yet won't be able to do more than point the grand daughter to simpson oil info because if you help her you can't support your kids. So you can't help? You mention you already have meds that are done so what are you waiting for? You don't seem very confident in being able to caregive for this poor woman so my advice is to give the grand daughter this website and have her come and request help for her grandma and I am sure she will find someone with meds ready who are willing to share. It sounds like she won't be able to smoke meds with her lung cancer so are you able to help her receive med mj in other forms other than smoking it? You imho aren't qualified to caregive for her. You can't even find a strain of meds to produce or purchase for her. She is extremely poor and you aren't able to get off the ground it sounds like. I still don't understand why you have meds ready yet won't share with a suffering woman with months to live. Yeah great its not legal but neither is the plants you have ready. Just about everyones been illegal at some point. This poor woman needs some help. Please don't sign this poor woman after her fees are cared for. That wouldn't be fair to her in the least. Please find someone else to make your current product legal to possess.

Wow lot to say there...For one thing I am not all over the map. I stated all the issues surrounding this lady on both our ends. Before I begin answering all these statements, I need to let people know it will be just me at the meeting tomorrow she is being stubborn like we had worried and says that the pain meds the doc gave her are working fine so far. Now her granddaughter has not yet had time to show her the movie Run From The Cure I am hoping this will at least push her in the direction of proper help.

As far as me not seeming confident, I know for a fact if I had my card tomorrow I could grow enough meds for her to begin treatment. I know how to care for them as well. There are limits to what I can do Financially though at this point. As far as the Granddaughter being her care giver, that would be a no. They are attempting to gain custody of their niece to get her away from her messed up mom and will soon have the state at their house whenever they feel like popping in. And everyone here knows that wouldn't help them in that cause despite legality. Oh and I have given the granddaughter this website in an e-mail loaded with information, along with a copy of Run From The Truth.

As far as me saying I have meds I did not...I said I can get weed, but not good weed and it is overpriced and none of us could afford it. I don't just have 300 bucks for an O lying around nor does the patient. 300 bucks never to be seen again is a lot of food my kids require. I am compassionate but before anything I am a father!! I do have seeds for it stored somewhere but am not going to grow them till I won't go to jail.

As far as the compassion part my wife is a nurses aid and has offered to care for her for free and she has accepted so despite her interest in MM at this point I think between me informing her family on the full issue which in turn has them ready to start pushing her towards at least trying MM and my wife offering free quality care I think we are being as compassionate as we can. Compassion doesn't just come in the form of THC.

Oh and I am pretty sure I already said she can't smoke it and have been talking about Simpson Oil throughout this site sooo thanks for enlightening me though.

As far as your opinionabout be not being qualified to caregive for her I think you know what I would tell you to do with that opinion. The whole point to going to that meeting is to find strains strong enough for her, not to mention I have found a few people who could help me with that problem within the past two days but again thanks for your opinion.

And here he goes with the meds ready again wow what a not reading silly person..Find where I said I have meds ready and put in in a quote for me please...

So really again thanks for all that wonderful advice though...Good reading

I would just like to thank the people at the Clare Compassion Meeting today for inviting me to join them today. The meeting was very informative and everyone seemed really cool. I did not get a chance to talk to everyone directly but would have liked to. If you were there add me as a friend and PM me sometime.

Again thank you for putting me on track to being able to help this person when she decides she needs it.

Joe

Guest Medicinal Patient

As far as your opinionabout be not being qualified to caregive for her I think you know what I would tell you to do with that opinion.

Could it be the same place on you that this flaming hot curling iron is about to go? I'm not sure what hurts you more, my opinion, or the iron.

You aren't qualified to help treat a hang nail let alone this poor womans pain. You are more discouraging than her dr with some of the things you say.

I could point out and quote numerous comments you have made but I have a few things to do before I catch an online stream of tonights ufc ppv.

And as far as you saying this......

I told her granddaughter a few minutes ago that I will at least need a note from her doc to bring with me stating what he told her so I can present that at that meeting. Still however beyond that it does not sound like that meeting will help her much, but I will at least be able to get input on how to become a caregiver myself so I can help SOMEONE at some point... I am just trying to sound as positive for her granddaughter as possible despite knowing I probably can't help...It really does suck.

The meetings won't help her because? Because at that time you couldn't find the donations for her rec to make you legal? Who in the hell are you to decide this is best for her? I hope you didn't convey that to her and/or the grand daughter. I hope your discouraging remarks isn't why she decided not to go. You clearly don't have her best interest at heart, or just selfish. Probably both. At a meeting she could go get educated on the benefits of medical marijuana and the lack of risks involved in consuming to help ease her mind about trying it. She could aslo go talk with her peers who also suffer from many ailments and maybe even find a friend who is also going thru the same thing as she is. Hearing the testimonials of her peers would help her greatly.

You're right, compassion is not only in the form of thc or in your case, money.

I understand you financially can't provide for her and thats ok. You openly admitted you aren't capable and I feel the same. Make your Mom your patient or yourself before taking on someone terminally ill. You need to become more professional both with your patient and ability. Its a huge responsibility and someone like grandma needs special care to make the rest of her journey the least painful and most comfortable.

I hope she can find someone with a gentle approach and who will not give up on her and not constantly remind her she is going to die in 3 months. She needs hope and compassion. You also clearly can't hold a patient/caregiver confidentiality while in the process of being her potential caregiver either.

I am sure she would be embarrassed to see that you are on here running your mouth about how messed up her family is and how the state which I assume is child protective services will be visiting alot, which is none of your business, or ours.

You talk too much. If you were going to be my Grandmas caregiver and I caught you usings terms like shat out of luck and dead as a doornail I would...well

what I want to say isn't allowed and I am not ready for vacation, but you get the idea. She is someones Mother, Daughter, Grandma.

You have shown your true colors many times now. For example, You say you won't pay 300 an oz for even your own meds yet in another thread you threw out that exact number in charging your patient for services.

And here he goes with the meds ready again wow what a not reading silly person..Find where I said I have meds ready and put in in a quote for me please...

Sure...Post # 7

I have ways to help her none of my pretend non existent plants that are not real are ready.

Don't come in here and imply that you have finished product ready if its a lie. You are a liar. Theee end.

Now bottoms up....

ad_hair_curling_iron.jpg

Guest Medicinal Patient

Nope, but I am still going so I can see what I can do still, hope that doesn't mess with my non compassion style of life I seem to lead.

Hey you said it, not me. Honesty is the first step..

Archived