Are Caregivers Subject To Drug Test?

I was wondering if anyone knows wether or not a caregiver who is not a patient is subject to drug tests? My fiance told me that she heard they were. I told her I do not see anywhere in the laws that caregivers are subject to drug testing and I think I'm right, of course. B)

Who is doing the testing? LEO's can't just knock on your door and tell you to take a drug test. Unless your under a court order for testing I don't see how or why they would.

I was wondering if anyone knows wether or not a caregiver who is not a patient is subject to drug tests? My fiance told me that she heard they were. I told her I do not see anywhere in the laws that caregivers are subject to drug testing and I think I'm right, of course. B)

And you are.

Theres nothing to compel LEO or the MDCH to ask anyone to submit to urinalysis solely because they are caregivers of medical marijuana.

Many years ago I met someone who said although he didn't use mj he tested positive for it from being around the smoke.

Sb

I once was told by some one they tested pos for thc, because the ate poppie seeds lol,,Thats gotta be a myth s.b or a very rare occasion,

back to the 1st question. no you are not subject to testing! like said only one that can test you may be your boss. other than that if you are not on probation no one has the rite to test you , unless of course you get pulled over by leo transporting, and they want to see if you have it in your system. so they can give you impaired driving!

Peace!

Jim

I have an interesting twist on this. I am a caregiver and as such am in frequent skin contact with the plants, but I do not use the product in any form. That said, I have often wondered if I would test positive and if so, what then?

You WOULD more than likely test positive.

As for the drug testing.........................These are ALL rumors that need to be laid to rest. NO ONE is testing anyone simply because they are CG's or live in a home with a CG or patient.

There is a section of the law (which, since it is 444a, I am too tired to look up right now................but it's there) which says that a person whom is around a patient, or caring for the plants, cannot be in violation of any laws etc... for possessing internally.

Now, for work...................you WILL have to pass your test. There are not many that have been able to use the fact that they are a cg or patient as a reason for failing the THC portion.

I once was told by some one they tested pos for thc, because the ate poppie seeds lol,,Thats gotta be a myth s.b or a very rare occasion,

back to the 1st question. no you are not subject to testing! like said only one that can test you may be your boss. other than that if you are not on probation no one has the rite to test you , unless of course you get pulled over by leo transporting, and they want to see if you have it in your system. so they can give you impaired driving!

Peace!

Jim

You can test positive for Opium because of poppy seeds. Not THC. :rock:

You are not going to test postive from second hand smoke unless your 'clam baking' in car a bunch of weed maybe..reasons is because there is a cutoff level and on most test its actually significantly high. It is especially highly unlikely that you would test postive from simply handling the medication but you could use it as an exscuse.

Reminds me:

My friend works with a guy that was in the military and his job was to burn marijuana crops down with a flame thrower, supposably he has an exscuse to test postive for THC because of this I guees written documentation from the goverment..The guy has been a truck driver in excess of 20 years and it was over 40 years ago he had the job of savagely murdering gods greatest plant, he gets exscused from the random DOT test to this day because of this lol

Bottom line if your not legal to smoke marijuana you need to use synthetic urine or dilution method which can be found online to cheat a test. If your a patient well your best bet is to get a prescription for marinol from your doctor which has a 100% chance of showing false postive for THC and it is a legal prescription so no problem, untill then just cheat away and never admit to smoking marijuana untill some drastic changes are made, patient or not DO NOT TELL YOUR EMPLOYER YOU USE MARIJUANA and DO NOT TEST IF YOU KNOW IT WILL BE POSTIVE YOU NEED TO CHEAT THE TEST ITS EASY (unless you have a prescription for marinol then tinkle away)

Archived