Need Help Becoming Caregiver

THCinspired

I am in the process of becoming a caregiver and was wondering if there was anything I should know that could screw me over in the end? I just filled out my application, and many people have told me that certain points of interest should be stressed,can anyone tell me what those points are? I want to become a caregiver for the simple fact that i believe in medical cannaabis 100%. And despise people who are taking advantage of this oppurtunity the government has granted. I just want to do something in life that i actually enjoy doing. I am going back to school for botony and have no interest in not producing the highest quality medication. I appreciate any information anyone could offer me, I am willing to listen and learn

Find a local compassion club in your area and go to the meetings. Great like-minded folks with knowledge and experience that will help you more then I can say.

You sound like you've got the right outlook and whis you good luck!

"Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country."

- Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President

?

You filled out your application?

Do you have a patient appointing you as their CG?

If not what application are you talking about, you have to find a patient willing to make you their CG first

and that can kinda be hard if you do not have medicine to start for them or a good source to supply them

with till you are ready to provide them from your own harvest.

Do you have any experience at all growing MMJ?

There is not much to it...Fill out app, send in app, find patient patient sends in cg form and check for 10 dollars, assemble grow room, grow pot, make sure grow room is up to par on all legal standards for your own sake so if you get hit you are covered. It is all common sense stuff.

Excuse me...

I am a CG....

What is this CG App you all are talking about???

There is NO CG App.

There is only the care giver attestation form which you fill out when a patient

makes you their CG.

There is no form or any process for being a CG till you have a patient.

There is not much to it...Fill out app, send in app, find patient patient sends in cg form and check for 10 dollars, assemble grow room, grow pot, make sure grow room is up to par on all legal standards for your own sake so if you get hit you are covered. It is all common sense stuff.

Read that over one more time, I think you might want to look further into the MDCH rules and the law. A caregiver doesn't send in an application they find a patient who wants them as a caregiver. They fill out the caregiver attestation and that is sent in with the original application by the patient or is sent in with $10 to add the caregiver if the patient has already registered with the state.

Does that mean that if someone "attatests" me as the caregiver that he doesn't have to send in $100.00 patient fee?

negative. the patient and his fee have nothing to do with plants/cultivation/addresses....... ect.

the very very very very very first step in all this must be a patient consulting a doctor/filling out app/paying $100 to become registered and legal. at the time the patient sends in the application, with the doctor recommendation, and the $100 fee, he/she may designate a caregiver to assist them, or they may choose to act as their own caregiver.

an existing patient is someone who has already completed these processes. at their time of application they may not have assigned a c.g., or maybe they did assign a c.g. but now wish to switch caregivers and use your services instead. in either case, necessary paperwork must be filled out by both the existing patient, and you as the new caregiver. then that paperwork is sent in with a $10 application fee.

I am in the process of becoming a caregiver and was wondering if there was anything I should know that could screw me over in the end? I just filled out my application, and many people have told me that certain points of interest should be stressed,can anyone tell me what those points are?

certain points of interest that should be stressed? hmmmm.

1. don't be an idiot.

2. use common sense.

3. understand that if you are not doing this the right way and for the right reasons, you will have problems. it's just the way it works.

4. your PATIENT comes first. notice there's no "s" on the end of the real big capitalized word yet? one patient. i am assuming you have never grown a cannabis plant before correct? then attempting to cultivate for more than one patient is going to do nothing but needlessly kill more viable plants and keep 2 or more patients without their medication. that's not doing it right. see #3. 12 plants is more than enough to learn how to grow.

5. understand that because the way the law works in this state, you will achieve the title "caregiver" before you really are one. don't abuse that title. remember, it's gonna be quite some time before you are a REAL caregiver.

6. don't act like an idiot.

7. keep it to yourself. you are 21. i seriously doubt you are some protege nuclear engineer, and i also feel it safe to say that while you may be a little more mature than the average 21 year old..... you are still as mature as a 21 year old. while cultivating may be "cool" to your friends, once you involve them in your affairs you are not doing things the right way. see #3

8. don't be an idiot. this is a serious affair.

other than that...... HI THERE!! :) not being rude man, just laying it down.

1. don't be an idiot.

2. use common sense.

3. understand that if you are not doing this the right way and for the right reasons, you will have problems. it's just the way it works.

4. your PATIENT comes first. notice there's no "s" on the end of the real big capitalized word yet? one patient. i am assuming you have never grown a cannabis plant before correct? then attempting to cultivate for more than one patient is going to do nothing but needlessly kill more viable plants and keep 2 or more patients without their medication. that's not doing it right. see #3. 12 plants is more than enough to learn how to grow.

5. understand that because the way the law works in this state, you will achieve the title "caregiver" before you really are one. don't abuse that title. remember, it's gonna be quite some time before you are a REAL caregiver.

7. keep it to yourself. you are 21. i seriously doubt you are some protege nuclear engineer, and i also feel it safe to say that while you may be a little more mature than the average 21 year old..... you are still as mature as a 21 year old. while cultivating may be "cool" to your friends, once you involve them in your affairs you are not doing things the right way. see #3

OK I know I can't give you rep but if I could +5,000,000,000 rep! Very honest, direct, and a bit snippy BUT clearly all in good humor! A clear, fun, direct post! I like!!!! :goodjob:

Read that over one more time, I think you might want to look further into the MDCH rules and the law. A caregiver doesn't send in an application they find a patient who wants them as a caregiver. They fill out the caregiver attestation and that is sent in with the original application by the patient or is sent in with $10 to add the caregiver if the patient has already registered with the state.

Hey what _________________ said!

Peace!

Jim

Welcome THCinspired!

Words of wisdom typed here by above members! I have learned to trust many members replies. This trust comes from 2 very important areas that every qualified care giver must face - at least at this moment in time. These areas are the patient and the law.

Search deep within yourself about the patient and figure out why we are called a care giver.

As for the law, ignorance is not a defense. Know your responsiblities (responding to the abilities allowed and required) and limitations.

Once you have this understanding in the patient and law areas, you will be able to discern truth in responses to any questions you may have.

Hope this helps.

Does that mean that if someone "attatests" me as the caregiver that he doesn't have to send in $100.00 patient fee?

negative. the patient and his fee have nothing to do with plants/cultivation/addresses....... ect.

the very very very very very first step in all this must be a patient consulting a doctor/filling out app/paying $100 to become registered and legal. at the time the patient sends in the application, with the doctor recommendation, and the $100 fee, he/she may designate a caregiver to assist them, or they may choose to act as their own caregiver.

an existing patient is someone who has already completed these processes. at their time of application they may not have assigned a c.g., or maybe they did assign a c.g. but now wish to switch caregivers and use your services instead. in either case, necessary paperwork must be filled out by both the existing patient, and you as the new caregiver. then that paperwork is sent in with a $10 application fee.

negative. the patient and his fee have nothing to do with plants/cultivation/addresses....... ect. IT MUST BE PAID

1. don't be an idiot.

2. use common sense.

Listen to this man.

Listen to this man.

I will second that motion!!!! Listen to BG he's got it right for sure :bling: I love how on BG's list both at the top and the bottom lines state Don't Be an Idiot... and for good measure it's in the middle #6 as well... Lay it down brother BG cause that's how it is..... Oh yeah I almost forgot... Hi and welcome to this wonderful forum.... I hope you can find it useful... Peace

Archived