The Scorpions Farewell Tour

In case anyone isn't aware, The Scorpions are doing their farewell tour and are also performing Blackout in it's entirety(China White rules). They will be at The DTE Energy Music Center on July 1st 2010. I've heard that they are still at the top of their game and are choosing to end the group while they can still give an amazing performance. I also hear Klaus's voice is as strong as ever.

I've seen them on their Blackout, Love at First Sting, Crazy World, Savage Amusement, and Alien Nation tours. They were all VERY exceptional experiences that I will never forget.

I saw their very first US gig at the world series of rock in 1979 on the lovedrive tour it was right after Michael left UFO and he was playing lead guitar with his brother Rudolph playing rhythm/

Other bands on that bill were as follows

ACDC on highway to hell with the late Bon Scott

Thin Lizzy on the black rose tour with the late great front man Phil Lynott on lead vocals and bass

Greg Rollie and Journey on the infinity tour

Aerosmith on the night in the ruts tour

Headlining the show was the motor city madmen himself Ted Nugent on the intensity in ten city's tour.

All for $13 bucks! :rock:

We should all get together and go...never saw the Scorps but would love to.

King...I remember that bill! :thumbsu:

It was a early saturday morning in july of that year most 15 year olds were home watching saturday morning cartoons not me i was front row fighting for breathing space in front of the stage . :growl::thumbsu:

Darn tootin !

Not knowing that Bon Scott would be dead less than 6 months later im very fortunate to have seen him for one last time before his very untimely passing . :notfair:

Not that it's on topic, but that is similar to my experience with Stevie Ray Vaughn. I saw him at the Kzoo county fairgrounds and three days later he was dead. It was his last headlining show he ever did, and I was blessed to have seen him. It affected me profoundly, and shook me to the core. Before that, I had the opportunity to see him and passed it up thinking I would be able to see him again, luckily I was. But now I never take it for granted that I can see someone again. I did this with Ray Charles and was burned. I'll never get a chance to see the legend again.

So the moral here is: if you have the chance to see someone that is a legend and you remotely like or respect them, then see them. There might not be a next time.

I saw DIO with Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath Dio era) last summer, @ Meadow Brook. Front row. Shook his hand. Got a pick from Iommi.

I saw Dio close to 20 times. Under the name Dio, Black Sabbath, and Heaven and Hell.

I will miss Ronnie James Dio.

R.I.P.

First saw Ronnie on the black sabbath heaven and hell tour in the Toledo sports arena October 4th 1980 then a few more times on holy diver the last in line and sacred heart tour.

Dio was perhaps the most influential singer of his era and it hurt me very much when i heard he passed from stomach cancer all the news was that he was getting better and the chemo was working . :notfair:

Not that it's on topic, but that is similar to my experience with Stevie Ray Vaughn. I saw him at the Kzoo county fairgrounds and three days later he was dead. It was his last headlining show he ever did, and I was blessed to have seen him. It affected me profoundly, and shook me to the core. Before that, I had the opportunity to see him and passed it up thinking I would be able to see him again, luckily I was. But now I never take it for granted that I can see someone again. I did this with Ray Charles and was burned. I'll never get a chance to see the legend again.

So the moral here is: if you have the chance to see someone that is a legend and you remotely like or respect them, then see them. There might not be a next time.

I got to see SRV in Ann Arbor just a month or two before that at Hill Auditorium with those amazing acoustics. Incredible concert.

Saw the Scorps at Monsters of Rock at the Silverdome with Metallica, Van Halen and Dokken.

Farewell tour? Saw the first Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young farewell tour in 1974. Sure have missed them performing ever since.

I know what you mean about the "reunion" thing, but in this case it is real. Most people don't realize The Scorpions have been rocking out since around 1970. At their age they won't be able to continue the aggressiveness they are known for and they know it. That's why they chose to do this. I do believe there will be another pass through next year, but I'm not sure, it may just be Europe next year.

Archived