Who Wrote The Law?

puravida1974

That would be non binding on any court system.

Intent has to be recorded for it to be valid. It has to be recorded before the law goes into effect.

Intent is normally determined by reading the record of debate in congress.

Not possible with this law. Congress had nothing to do with the process. So there is no debate on record.

The main record of debate is the questions that were asked of the voters on the ballot.

For instance the voters were asked directly if they would allow both registered and unregestered patients to use marijuana form medical purposes.

The voters said "yes" to the question.

What the voters intended is more important than what the authors may or may not have intended.

In other words ..

It doesn't matter what the authors intended.

If their intent was not recorded before the election, then it would not be admissible today. After all they could change their mind and say something entirely different then they would have back then.

And it is not important what the authors would have wanted. What is much more important is what the people voting on it thought at the time of their votes.

Clear record of those thoughts and intents need to be presented before those intents are accepted in a court of law.

The only record of the thoughts and intents of those who voted for this law are the questions on the ballot and the law itself.

The vote was the response to the questions asked. That is the complete record of intent, period.

Guest Wayne

Everytime I see something like this posted I have to ask myself. Did anyone understand what they were voting for? I certainly did, or at least thought I did. While a hard pill to swallow, if I was suckered, I want another vote to repeal the law nobody gets.

In other words ..

It doesn't matter what the authors intended.

If their intent was not recorded before the election, then it would not be admissible today. After all they could change their mind and say something entirely different then they would have back then.

And it is not important what the authors would have wanted. What is much more important is what the people voting on it thought at the time of their votes.

Clear record of those thoughts and intents need to be presented before those intents are accepted in a court of law.

The only record of the thoughts and intents of those who voted for this law are the questions on the ballot and the law itself.

The vote was the response to the questions asked. That is the complete record of intent, period.

:goodjob:

:thumbsu::sword:

Before the election, I understood (because I read the proposed law) these things:

1. The word "transfer" and "delivery" were an integral part of medical use of marijuana. Ya gotta get it somehow if you're gonna use it.

2. The word "dispensary" was not discussed in the proposed law. They were neither excluded nor included .. just plain ignored.

3. ID cards are not required. They just make leo's job easier. So they have a score sheet and know how to act.

Before the election, I understood (because I read the proposed law) these things:

1. The word "transfer" and "delivery" were an integral part of medical use of marijuana. Ya gotta get it somehow if you're gonna use it.

2. The word "dispensary" was not discussed in the proposed law. They were neither excluded nor included .. just plain ignored.

3. ID cards are not required. They just make leo's job easier. So they have a score sheet and know how to act.

+++++ for you bro! very well spoken!

Free the Weed!

Peace!

Jim

That is my biggest problem " Peanutbutter " ...

We ALL Know what the Law Says :

333.26429 ( b ) "If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification

card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this

act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be

deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal

shall be deemed a valid registry identification card."

But the Drug Teams are still able to RAID your Home even if you have correct

Paperwork or even Your Card ? It's being done almost Everyday .

I just don't understand how LEO can get a Warrant if your legally allowed

to poccess Medical Marijuana ?

That is my Biggest Fear , even though i know that i am 100 % following the Law ,

Leo can still come in your Home .

Then i had heard you can't even Sue them once you get found Innocent ?

That is my biggest problem " Peanutbutter " ...

We ALL Know what the Law Says :

333.26429 ( b ) "If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification

card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this

act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be

deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal

shall be deemed a valid registry identification card."

But the Drug Teams are still able to RAID your Home even if you have correct

Paperwork or even Your Card ? It's being done almost Everyday .

I just don't understand how LEO can get a Warrant if your legally allowed

to poccess Medical Marijuana ?

That is my Biggest Fear , even though i know that i am 100 % following the Law ,

Leo can still come in your Home .

Then i had heard you can't even Sue them once you get found Innocent ?

Yes .. leo is ignoring the voters and the law (every day? ) and arresting legal patients and caregivers.

Welcome to the police state of Michigan.

We changed the law .. what else are we supposed to do?

Guest Wayne

Just please don't argue that ignoring the issue of dispensaries leaves things open to local enforcement. Nothing in the law that I can find addresses whether local ordinances can or can not be adopted that require registration and monthly inspections by local LEO. If it ain't there then can they do it?

Just please don't argue that ignoring the issue of dispensaries leaves things open to local enforcement. Nothing in the law that I can find addresses whether local ordinances can or can not be adopted that require registration and monthly inspections by local LEO. If it ain't there then can they do it?

Here it is:

333.26426 Administration and enforcement of rules by department.

6. Administering the Department's Rules.

Sec. 6.

(g) Possession of, or application for, a registry identification card shall not constitute probable cause or reasonable suspicion, nor shall it be used to support the search of the person or property of the person possessing or applying for the registry identification card, or otherwise subject the person or property of the person to inspection by any local, county or state governmental agency.

Is that what you were asking about?

Archived