folks, i don't want to be a downer here on the possibility of different amazing things raining from the sky, but what you saw in the video is an uneducated cameraman IMO.

it didn't "rain oil".

summer is here finally. temps are warmer. warm weather brings the oils up out of the asphault. most of this oil has been deposited by thousands of vehicles over the long winter.

warm weather comes............ lifts the oil out of the cracks/crevices, and then the warm summer rain comes and washes it all away.

ever walked out of the grocery store and seen a puddle of oil/water mix in a parking spot?

same thing, just on a much larger scale.

if it TRUTHFULLY rained oil, honey, blood, or anything else besides water, we would have heard MUCH MUCH more about it. i am sure SOMEONE was standing in the rain when it happened and would have an oil soaked shirt to run to the local news about.

i could have filmed the exact same thing in my neighborhood 2-3 weeks ago.

folks, i don't want to be a downer here on the possibility of different amazing things raining from the sky, but what you saw in the video is an uneducated cameraman IMO.

it didn't "rain oil".

summer is here finally. temps are warmer. warm weather brings the oils up out of the asphault. most of this oil has been deposited by thousands of vehicles over the long winter.

warm weather comes............ lifts the oil out of the cracks/crevices, and then the warm summer rain comes and washes it all away.

ever walked out of the grocery store and seen a puddle of oil/water mix in a parking spot?

if it TRUTHFULLY rained oil, honey, blood, or anything else besides water, we would have heard MUCH MUCH more about it. i am sure SOMEONE was standing in the rain when it happened and would have an oil soaked shirt to run to the local news about.

well it may not rain oil but what about fish:thumbsu:

I agree with bubblegrower on the video.

But don't be surprised when it does happen............. Alot of people are going to get sick in the next 20 years beause of this spill...

What happened to those commercials with the pretty blond lady where she tells us how safe the oil industry is & how important it is to us. They just stopped all of a sudden... lol........

One of these days the earth is going to get fed up with our stupidity & throw us out..............

I agree with bubblegrower on the video.

But don't be surprised when it does happen............. Alot of people are going to get sick in the next 20 years beause of this spill...

What happened to those commercials with the pretty blond lady where she tells us how safe the oil industry is & how important it is to us. They just stopped all of a sudden... lol........

One of these days the earth is going to get fed up with our stupidity & throw us out..............

i had to give you a Pos: Rep: for this one and i don't give many

it didn't "rain oil".

Now that you said it, I'd have to agree with you. But it is still a good "eye opening" video for people to see. I am no weather man, but I am sure that once "tropical storm season" is in full effect, we will start hearing a lot more about this "oil rain". I just wish there was something we could all do before it actually happens.

Oil can't evaporate at a rate that would cause it to "rain Oil." It has to do with molecule size and the way they are connected together. Try this experiment. Put a frying pan on the stove and a little water in it and turn it on. It will evaporate pretty quickly. Now do it with the same amount of oil. The oil may boil but it is not going anywhere very quickly.

I still think we should revoke BPs charter to do business in the US for their gross negligence. Send a message to the other oil companies that carelessness is not acceptable.

Oil can't evaporate at a rate that would cause it to "rain Oil." It has to do with molecule size and the way they are connected together. Try this experiment. Put a frying pan on the stove and a little water in it and turn it on. It will evaporate pretty quickly. Now do it with the same amount of oil. The oil may boil but it is not going anywhere very quickly.

I still think we should revoke BPs charter to do business in the US for their gross negligence. Send a message to the other oil companies that carelessness is not acceptable.

As it turns out I was wrong. It did rain oil. Apparently the dispersant s are breaking down the oil enough and it is being carried with the water or evaporating itself. Then coming down with the rain.

Not good.............................:thumbsd:

If you think this is JUST BPs fault, no offense, you're wrong IMO. Our gov't is the one allowing this mess to continue.

Archived