Republican Candidate For Governor Rick Snyder Says No To Industrial Hemp.

I got this from Michigan Hemp page over on facebook,he asked me to post this information:

I got his reply today.

He said that, "Industrial hemp is not on Rick's agenda for reinventing Michigan. His

main focus as governor will be on creating an environment in which

...businesses can thrive in Michigan and putting families back to work."

What in the hell dose he think we are trying to do?

Michigan Hemp

Republican left are Hoekstra and Bouchard.

Democrats left are Dillon and Bernero.

And I know of one independent who is in favor of Industrial Hemp providing he gets enough signatures to get on the ballot.... See More

His name is Dave Britten.

His reply is as follows

1 - Do you support allowing farmers in Michigan to grow industrial hemp, the oilseed an fiber varieties of Cannabis, under a regulated system like the ones in North Dakota, Canada and the European Union, and would you sign into law legislation furthering that goal?"

Answer-I can find no sound reason industrial hemp should not be grown. Yes I would sign into law legislation allowing the growth of industrial hemp.

2 - Are you aware of the differences between Marijuana and the non drug cannabis plant?

Answer- I am aware of some of the differences.

3 - If not would you be willing to meet with an MIHEMP representative to educate you on the issue?

Answer- I would welcome the opportunity to meet with a MIHEMP representative to further my education on this issue.

If you have other issues that are important to you I would welcome them.

Kindest regards,

David Britten

July 2 at 9:56am · Like

Guest finallyfree09

post a link to his website.

when you listed the dems and repubs as being "left" did that mean they have come out in support of industrial hemp?

its real close to being crunch time so i want to learn as much as possible. bernero is the one i have been watching a little but not enough to make an informed decision. i know nothing of the others except a couple of them aren't worth voting for. looks like rick just wound himself up in that category as well... at least he won't be alone! :lol:

Rick may have some good idea's in his pocket, but he's not about helping the common man/woman. He is all about a career change into the viper pit of politics. Never will he answer my questions, always tactfully brought to him and with the utmost respect, still no answers. It just freaking blows my mind that the MMA passed with such a soaring majority, and yet no politician is jumping on board and educating themselves, and spear heading the movement. Hell, if I were to run for office anywhere in MI, I would be sure my constituents knew where I stood on such a hot topic, not to mention it's broad acceptance by the voters. Seems to me it'd be a great way to get into office with a voter base above 60%. :blink:

post a link to his website.

when you listed the dems and repubs as being "left" did that mean they have come out in support of industrial hemp?

its real close to being crunch time so i want to learn as much as possible. bernero is the one i have been watching a little but not enough to make an informed decision. i know nothing of the others except a couple of them aren't worth voting for. looks like rick just wound himself up in that category as well... at least he won't be alone! :lol:

The will of the people was clear when the ballot initiative passed by as

large of a margin as it did. I support the will of the people to allow

marijuana to be used for medicinal purposes only and the law should be

enforced as such.

Sincerely,

Virg

I'm a bit sketchy on Virg, as his line, "medicinal purposes only and the laws should be enforced as such.." Sounds like he's squirming a bit. MM and the laws pertaining to it are outdated as it is my firm belief that the beneficial aspects of this plant have been hidden from us all in the name of profit. Marijuana should be legal in all forms, be it hemp or medical grade medicine, or a beautiful flower garden plant. I would not only vote, I'd volunteer to help in their campaign efforts, if I could find a politician who would proclaim the same. Marijuana is not a harmful plant, rather a gift from the almighty.

I dont really know if i will be voting in this up coming election , i dont really know any of the canidates and what they actually stand for? Just a question though, is a politicians stance on MMA the biggest factor for you guys when weighing your options?

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/subindex/news/politics

here is all you need to know and more

I dont really know if i will be voting in this up coming election , i dont really know any of the canidates and what they actually stand for? Just a question though, is a politicians stance on MMA the biggest factor for you guys when weighing your options?

For state and local elections yes MMJ will pretty much be my main concern. Let's be real. For as bad as Granholm is she did not make Michigan a automobile producing state. Yes we have big budget problem but what will improve the economy will come mostly from improvements at the federal level. Really the one thing state government could do that would make an economic impact is to legalize marijuana. I can't think of any other change they could make that would bring tourist and money into the state that legalization would.

What do Michigan's citizens know about hemp farming or it's potential benefits? I'd like to learn more about any Michigan hemp farming coalition putting political pressure on state representatives to fast-track legislation for the resumption of hemp growing and the coordinating/facilitating of new industries and jobs from that liberation. Seems to me the most important info about this posted topic was left out.

The politico says "show me the voters" that have even heard about hemp farming or that give a hoot, as it were, about legalizing pot - which the argument inevitably comes down to.

So show me a political candidate that's seeking elected office to actually create jobs and prosperity with bold new initiatives that empower the working man, the family man and the individual entrepreneur, instead of pandering to the greedy corporate power brokers.

How much do hemp farmer wannabes contribute to political campaigns and which candidates have been drafted by this group of commercial hemp/cannabis supporters?

I got this from Michigan Hemp page over on facebook,he asked me to post this information:

I got his reply today.

He said that, "Industrial hemp is not on Rick's agenda for reinventing Michigan. His

main focus as governor will be on creating an environment in which

...businesses can thrive in Michigan and putting families back to work."

What in the hell dose he think we are trying to do?

Michigan Hemp

Republican left are Hoekstra and Bouchard.

Democrats left are Dillon and Bernero.

And I know of one independent who is in favor of Industrial Hemp providing he gets enough signatures to get on the ballot.... See More

His name is Dave Britten.

His reply is as follows

1 - Do you support allowing farmers in Michigan to grow industrial hemp, the oilseed an fiber varieties of Cannabis, under a regulated system like the ones in North Dakota, Canada and the European Union, and would you sign into law legislation furthering that goal?"

Answer-I can find no sound reason industrial hemp should not be grown. Yes I would sign into law legislation allowing the growth of industrial hemp.

2 - Are you aware of the differences between Marijuana and the non drug cannabis plant?

Answer- I am aware of some of the differences.

3 - If not would you be willing to meet with an MIHEMP representative to educate you on the issue?

Answer- I would welcome the opportunity to meet with a MIHEMP representative to further my education on this issue.

If you have other issues that are important to you I would welcome them.

Kindest regards,

David Britten

July 2 at 9:56am · Like

these conservative republicans just do not get America anymore. I give up on politicians and the will of the people our rights that this country were founded on are just pretty idealistic words in todays world. Just words....the only thing that matters anymore is money and we gave away all our jobs to China ans the rest of the 3rd world countries. They just do not get it. Hemp is a amazingly tough fiber that does not get you high. What do these Conservative brainwashed bible pumpin republicans not get..? If a brick hit em over the face they still would not get ity. Hemp cannot get you high.!!!! I would rather smoke my cvarpet that smoke Hemp. The chemicals in my carpet would probably get me lifted quicker than some HEMP<<<<<!!!!!!1

these conservative republicans just do not get America anymore. I give up on politicians and the will of the people our rights that this country were founded on are just pretty idealistic words in todays world. Just words....the only thing that matters anymore is money and we gave away all our jobs to China ans the rest of the 3rd world countries. They just do not get it. Hemp is a amazingly tough fiber that does not get you high. What do these Conservative brainwashed bible pumpin republicans not get..? If a brick hit em over the face they still would not get ity. Hemp cannot get you high.!!!! I would rather smoke my cvarpet that smoke Hemp. The chemicals in my carpet would probably get me lifted quicker than some HEMP<<<<<!!!!!!1

What are democrats doing do bring hemp to michigan? Afterall they controll the house, senate, and have a president in Office? Why dont you lambast them as well?

• 1 month later...

Yes.

And your avatar is terribly racist and offensive.

Archived