Veg Or Bud

lilbuddy

Hey BG,

Did you ever get the pics of my one girl that is so faded compared to the others??

Anyway, New topic. I have been reading alot in books and online, a lot of conflicting information, but not a problem for me to weed through it(no pun intended) LOL! Many of the books I have been reading have said let your girls stay in Veg as long as possible, then switch to flower. Now my girls are 36" on adverage and still veggin!! Does this mean I am going to have to have 9'-10' ceilings or does it mean I need to take some pretty big clones and lower the height. I knew the concept of 30-45 days in veg then 30 days to flower, I guess what I didn't understand was that I was supposed to hold to this amount of days in order to push out medicine for patients faster!! I'd love to have 9'-10' ceilings but I don't. So what do you recommend with my existing girls? Crop and clone, or Grow em out???

Thank you in advance for your reply,

lil buddy

ya man, you got things a bit off...

they'll double to triple in size depending on the the light... problem is HIDs dont have the penitration that the sun does...

That being said big plants are nice, but IMHO you end up with more plant matter than bud matter.. the ratio of what is tossed is greater..

regardless, like TM said, 30days is nowhere NEAR enough time to flower for anything but an autoflower strain (just harvested a poision dwarf auto at 70 days from seed!!!)

Most FAST strains will need nearly 60 days of flower, thats pretty short... so yeah, you want better plants... grow'em out proper...

AFA a 36" tall plant, i'd never go that large before flower, unless I DID have 10' celings... but then again, in that case i wouldn't run hoods either, but verticle hanging bare bulbs... but thats another dicussion... and simply my opinions...

good luck!!!

I place my clones in flower sometimes at 12 inches your letting your plants grow too tall before they hit the flower room please bear in mind that plants can grow an additional 1-2 feet maybe more during 12-12.

Also unless its an auto strain that finishes early most strains go 9-12 weeks to flower (63-84 days) :thumbsu: .

The war on drugs in the 60's~70's drove growers indoors. That created a demand for shorter plants (Indica and Indica crosses) but anyway, I send my plants to flower when I can count at least 6

nodes/ or about 1ft tall. Usually about two weeks after my clones have been transplanted.

You can veg as long as you want, then cut clones off these older plants. Older plants in this

case are called "mother" plants, and can last for years, providing they are nurished well.

Please do yourself a favor and read this book, it is called the bible for good reason!

Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible

Hey BG,

Did you ever get the pics of my one girl that is so faded compared to the others??

Anyway, New topic. I have been reading alot in books and online, a lot of conflicting information, but not a problem for me to weed through it(no pun intended) LOL! Many of the books I have been reading have said let your girls stay in Veg as long as possible, then switch to flower. Now my girls are 36" on adverage and still veggin!! Does this mean I am going to have to have 9'-10' ceilings or does it mean I need to take some pretty big clones and lower the height. I knew the concept of 30-45 days in veg then 30 days to flower, I guess what I didn't understand was that I was supposed to hold to this amount of days in order to push out medicine for patients faster!! I'd love to have 9'-10' ceilings but I don't. So what do you recommend with my existing girls? Crop and clone, or Grow em out???

Thank you in advance for your reply,

lil buddy

hey bud!!

yeah i got that pic....... sent you a response.

anyways........... as far as what you have going on now..........................

a "normal" veg period is from 14-45 days or so. some people grow in a true sea of green.......... this means they veg their plants for a shroter amount of time, but have a constant cycle going. some people us 18" as a rule. however long it takes to get to 18" is how long your veg period is.............. period.

that 18" could also become 24" or so if you want to grow larger plants..................

"normally" cannabis plants need 8-10 weeks in the flower stage. lights 12/12.

so........... after you veg them.............. plan on another 8-10 weeks after flipping the lights to 12/12.

most strains will double in height from the time you flip to 12/12 and the time you harvest.

with that being said.............. as with everything else about this plant we grow.......... NOTHING IS SET IN STONE.

i have a strain that will triple................ and many do.

OK....help? I'm a week (or less) from flowering, my one strain is appx 15" and pretty bushy, the other is 25"!! yes I said 25"!!and rather lanky, what steps do I need to follow to prepare these girls for their transition to the next stage of life? do I need to prune/pinch the tall girls this week before going to flower? baby steps please & thank-you.... can't wait to hear from you all, I learn soooo much! YAY! grow MJ!!

OK....help? I'm a week (or less) from flowering, my one strain is appx 15" and pretty bushy, the other is 25"!! yes I said 25"!!and rather lanky, what steps do I need to follow to prepare these girls for their transition to the next stage of life? do I need to prune/pinch the tall girls this week before going to flower? baby steps please & thank-you.... can't wait to hear from you all, I learn soooo much! YAY! grow MJ!!

I would just bend the big one now. I feel it is too late to top.

Archived