36" In Veg Wtf Now?

lilbuddy

Dear BG,

As I have explined before this is my first hydro run (used to dirt)!!! My question is that my girls are 36" in veg (just flipped to flower on Monday. So I guess I have 3 options 1) crop and clone. 2) Supercrop 3) wait it out and see if I have enough ceiling left!! If they are 36" now and just starting to flower, how big are they going to get? What do you suggest?

Thanks,

lilbuddy

Supercrop. Depending on your ceiling height, they still may out grow your area. At that point I would suggest getting some 2" trellis netting and string that at the max height below your light. So no matter what, it cant grow higher than that.

Cropping is fine too, if you supercrop its going to cover a wider area, so you would use less plants.

I run a drill with a small bit and make holes all the way around the top edge of whatever they are planted in. Then I use small wire, thread or hemp cord and tie down the tallest branches just to make a nice even canopy. I've had good results, it's a more loose, scrog type, or maybe modified scrog without the screen. Just my 2C, hope everything turns out well for you.

Thank you for everyone who has replied!!! The strains are 9 White Queen and 3 White Widow. Have Forbidden Fruit, AK47, Blueberry, and Bubblicious in Veg. Both room sizes 12'x15'. Jipo, I like your idea,because it seems sensible not to cut out any light by trellacing or netting, but like I said I am concerned with height.Not completely oposed to trellacing or netting but I want to know if it is more of a personal choice, or a choice because of the question asked. Do all of you guys trim off the bottom third of plant off, 2-3 weeks into flower to push more energy to top of plant?? Also, I have been doing Bonsais for years, hwat about wiring the tops with light gauge copper wire(what about heat factor on wire from halide?

Thanks again all for your replies.

lilbuddy

• 3 weeks later...

"it seems sensible not to cut out any light by trellacing or netting"

One guy at a meeting said he uses clear fishing line, because he didn't want to cut out much light. Not sure, but I guess that clear monofilament line would block less light than say black fish netting ? 1000 watt bulbs might melt the fish line... lol

First off why did you wait so long to go to 12-12?

My plants hit 12 inches and they look healthy they go into the bud room anything beyond that your going to run out of room because plants double sometimes triple in height during flowering.

Topping them might stress the ladies out so id do my best to adjust the height of my bloom box if possible .

Archived